There are no Drum Rolls in Rock Band: The Beatles?!WHARGARBL

Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Warin
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157198

I found this more hilarious than I probably should've.

Quote:
I was excited about The Beatles Rock Band, and even already had a party planned for Saturday Sept 12th... I have invited my normal Rock Band people to come over and take turns playing, (There's usually about 6 to 8 of us) and also invited my Dad, and Uncles and Aunts, since they like the Beatles!

But then my heart sank.... I read it in another forum, and thought they must be wrong, but I just read it in the official "Facts and Rumors" thread.... NO DRUM FILLS?? ARE YOU CRAZY? That's the best part of the game for me... Sure, I understand that some (ok, most) people just randomly hit the pads as fast as they can, but then make it so you can turn off the drum fills if you want... Don't take them out!!! That's my absolute favorite part of the game!!!!

What a horrible decision, Harmonix! I have canceled my pre-order, canceled my Party, and I'm so mad, I'm not going to buy any more songs for Rock Band 2.. (Well, unless there's finally some Van Halen)

There's lots of debate about just how much fun Ringo's drum parts will be to play, and then to top it off, you take away one of the best aspects of the game for the drummers? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!

Harmonix.... FIX THIS!!!!!

bwahahaha

You don't think the whole reason is because Ringo pretty much told them how it was going to be, right? No freestyle, notes mapped appropriately and correctly or not at all.

Got to admit, they've worked pretty hard to keep the blasphemy level on the down-low.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/08/24/beatl ... get-the-d/

Not like GH5 and their Kurt Cobain and Johnny Cash nonsense:

http://kotaku.com/5350520/kurt-cobain-w ... activision

Quote:
This fan-created compilation (via Giant Bomb) of cringe worthy Cobain moments, performing as Flavor Flav and Jon Bon Jovi, all alongside Xbox Live Avatars, a skeleton drummer and at one point two other Kurts, is both hilarious in its absurdity and disheartening. Clearly zero effort was made to preserve the dead Nirvana singer's identity as someone who'd likely never say "Yeeaahh, boyee!" but who knows where the blame lies here.

Dicks. First Neversoft employee I meet that has had a role in this game gets it square in the face. Even Hendrix isn't playable outside of career and his two songs.
Maybe Ringo didn't want people to find out that he doesn't actually have any talent.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Drum solos are for the under-endowed.

You see some guy setting up something like this:

And you think, "I'll bet the black Porsche out front is his, too."

.tsooJ
Alien wrote:

.tsooJ

Not always... :squint:

Neil Peart, from Rush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lg1Ju03oQY
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu wrote:
Not always... :squint:
Invariably.

.tsooJ
Alien wrote:

wait are you saying real drummers that have solos have small penises wut

And while some of the songs in RB2 have solos (namely Judas Priest's Painkiller), what I'm referring to that some people are getting in a tizzy over is a little freestyle section that would pop up that would reward drummers in the game for hitting particular notes accurately and you could either sit your ass through it or play a drum fill in it in order to give yourself a score multiplier.

I'm banking that Ringo more than likely said "I... uh... don't improvise like that" during the build of the game and had the feature removed.

This even better reinforces why none of the tracks will be exportable into RB2 moreso (licensing issues and the surviving band member's wishes notwithstanding) than the whole "most of the songs have 3 part vocal harmonies" excuse.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Maybe Ringo didn't want people to find out that he doesn't actually have any talent.

I'm really thinking this is blatherskite.

I HAVE BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS
Phydeaux wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Interesting side note, the "I got blisters on me fingers" yell is cut out of the new remasters.
Phydeaux wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Accept it, chum.
aubrey wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Interesting side note, the "I got blisters on me fingers" yell is cut out of the new remasters.

Really? How odd.
aubrey wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Luckily, they left it in the game and animated Ringo saying it.

No, really, Shnicks, I should film myself attempting this stuff. I can play pretty consistently on Hard on other Rock Band tracks but The Beatles stuff is wearing me the fiddlesticks out.
dv
Alien wrote:

.tsooJ

Nah. No way he fit all that stuff in a Porsche... well, unless you take the seats out of a Cayenne.
user Stupid cockwomble
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
aubrey wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Really? How odd.

Yuck. Think I'll keep my eyes out for one of the old CDs. Or finally get off my ass and start ripping some of my vinyl collection.
gozer frenchie
in the value pack, are the instruments from rb1 or 2?

also, is there a huge difference in quality/connectivity between rb1/2 instruments?
The RB1 guitar sucks some serious ass.

That is all.
gozer wrote:
in the value pack, are the instruments from rb1 or 2?

also, is there a huge difference in quality/connectivity between rb1/2 instruments?

Value Pack is RB1 peripherals. Special Edition pack are peripherals modeled after the RB2 peripherals.

Strum bar on the RB1 guitar is spongy and crap without modifying it. The drums are noisy since it's wood on plastic instead of wood on foam rubber. Also RB1 drums have a plastic foot pedal which may not stand the test of time.

I really can't recommend the value pack or the Special Ed pack at it's current price. BUT. The regular RB2 pack dropped in price and all it's peripherals will be excellent. You can honestly pick up a RB2 bundle and The Beatles: Rock Band by itself for cheaper than the Beatles value pack.
Found this while looking for something else. Holy human waste. Guitar chart being played with drums, not Beatles, not by a long shot, but relevant because we're talking about drums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a497Hom ... re=related

Also, Shnicks, some of these charts in TB:RB are REALLY HARD which make me believe that Ringo didn't suck very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xHbTu7K_4
user Stupid cockwomble
There's a story about John playing a record and telling Ringo that he wanted the drumming in a song to sound like that,

Ringo said: "But John, there's TWO guys playing drums on that cut."

John told him not to let that bother him.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I like the rockband 1 strum bar.
Conner wrote:

how
Phydeaux wrote:
Conner wrote:

how

My first thought was: Well, this explains a lot about Conner.
I liked the RB1 guitar a lot, too.

When I didn't play on anything above medium.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I dunno, I don't like the clicky-clak of the guitar hero ones. I also only down strum, that might have something to do with it. I've got up to Hard on the RB1 guitar (my recent expert trials have been at someone elses house, who has I think the metalica wireless one? I dunno, he got it [with game, still in it's packaging] for 10$ on amazon)
Try to get your hands on a RB2 for some tinkering (maybe BestBuy's demo kiosk wouldn't be the thing to recommend since they're usually abused all to hell). It's got a solid, non-spongy movement without the clickty-clack.

Before I got my TB:RB Gretsch I used a GH:WT guitar. My mom seriously came into my den once and said: "Oh. I thought you were playing drums!"

I THEN TOLD HER TO GTFO AND GET ME SOME MORE GODDAMN CHOCOLATE MILK
Conner Of Gallifrey
I plan on picking up a Beatles guitar, the whammy bar on mine is totally gone now.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

There are no Drum Rolls in Rock Band: The Beatles?!WHARGARBL