What whatcha playin' these days?

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Google [Bot]
So what game(s) might you be playing these days? What are ya digging? And on what platform are ya playing it?

Bonus question: what do you like about it?
I started playing Psychonauts, but stopped, for now. It's kinda cool, but I've never been a big fan of plataformers and it kind of struggles on the mini.

I started playing Zax the alien hunter. This IS cool.

No, those two never came out for the Mac, and I don't have a PC :twisted:

But mostly I've been playing Quake Live.

Also, I constantly play these web games:

http://urbandead.com/

http://legendsofzork.com/

I also play many games from here every now and then:

http://www.kongregate.com/
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Fallout 3 on my PC.

I have all of the DLC for it as well.
Went back to WoW. I feel sorta dirty.

In 9 days I'll be playing Rock Band: Beatles. Looks like it'll be a load of fun, and when you dont buy the overpriced plastic instruments its not a bad price at all... other than 20 dollars a month for DLC in October and November (Abbey Road and Sgt Pepper).

Late September? Halo ODST

Early November? Modern Warfare 2

All on the 360 (except WoW)
Conner Of Gallifrey
Marc, Tiki and I started up WoW again a week or two ago.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
I just booted my Quicksilver into OS 9 and I'm hitting up Macintosh Garden for Warcraft, Sid Meier games, and some classics like Dark Castle and 3 in Three.
Geesie wrote:
Macintosh Garden

Oh, wow! That's so much awesome stuff!

I wish I could run OS9 on my Intel.
Conner wrote:

I am addicted to the Argent Tourney dailies. I love having a pet that lets me summon a bank, mailbox, or vendor to wherever I am... with a 60 minute cooldown :)
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Geesie wrote:
Macintosh Garden

After downloading The Last Express and Dark Castle I realized that I need to keep that G4 alive by any means necessary.
Geesie wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Geesie wrote:
Macintosh Garden

After downloading The Last Express and Dark Castle I realized that I need to keep that G4 alive by any means necessary.

I just remembered I've got an iBook running OS9, and it works perfectly well!
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I have no computer capable of running OS 9 anymore.

The iMac is Intel and the eMac came with Jaguar.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
With Friends: GoW2
Alone: Achievement whoring in Orange Box.
In 22 days Halo:ODST
I'm sure ODST will carry me to Nov. where I'll pick up MW2 and L4D2.

I wish Blizz offered a family plan/pak/discount. I'd love to play WoW with Jr. I know he'd love it but at $160 for 6 months, no way.
Dan Airman Dan
arkayn wrote:
I have no computer capable of running OS 9 anymore.

The iMac is Intel and the eMac came with Jaguar.

The eMac should run OS 9. At the very least, it can run the Classic environment.

Lately for old game nostalgia I've discovered the magic that is DOSBox. I'm hoping the copy of Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, which is the only game in the series I've never played due to its PC-onlyness, will run on DOSBox. I picked up a copy on eBay for $4.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
This is embarrassing...I'm just getting around to attempting to finish Twilight Princess. After that I move on to...Bioshock.

:heh:

Also, Peggle. Always Peggle.
Damn. Dark Castle requires the monitor to be B&W. :(
sturner Ancient Soldier
/me Kill ZOMBIES@@@@!!!!!!

Left 4 Dead.

Killing Floor,

Red Orchestra, Darkest Hour,

Warbirds
Dan Airman Dan
Geesie wrote:
Damn. Dark Castle requires the monitor to be B&W. :(

Apple Menu -> Control Panels -> Monitors [& Sound]
Return to Dark Castle, in color, works in OS X, comes with DC 1, 2 and new levels.

http://www.superhappyfunfun.com/games/g ... ntodc.html

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az6ispvk_WM
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm still playing STALKER.

Just finished FEAR 1 and 2, and am working on Bioshock. I finally got a 360 because I could pick one up for store credit and I've played through Halo 3 a few times - right now I'm trying to complete in Legendary so I can see the special fruity-licious ending.

But I always go back to STALKER.
Good on ya, people working on Bioshock. Such a great game.

Right now I'm getting my ass handed to me in the original Rock Band's "Detroit Rock City" where the hit window is dramatically smaller than RB2. So a four star performance in RB2 is a complete fail in RB1. It's the last song I have to complete before I get the last five really hard ones.

Rock Revolution (basically a rip off of Rock Band/Guitar Hero by the guys that do Dance Dance Revolution/Karaoke Revolution), I finally wiped out all the songs in expert on drums but it has modes necessary to clear that game that require really retarded human waste like memorizing the note pattern and playing it back without markers. I'm going to record myself reading off the markers and listen to myself say it.

FUEL has been enjoyable, but good goddamn is it huge. I haven't spent nearly as many hours in it as I have Burnout: Paradise, but I've not even made a dent in the career mode, and it's all I've been playing. I've not even done any of the freeroaming stuff required. There's a little hidden achievement that is quite literally "drive from one end of the map to the other". This might take three hours of my time of just straight driving. Doing this twice, since, you know, four corners of the map.

Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore 2 ... almost done with it. Pretty much just have to sing "Imagine" 30 more times and it's done.

Gears of War 2... finally making some headway in the campaign. Got stuck on Skorge last night though.

DDR Ultimate 3... bwahahaha. After using my arms and fingers for rhythm for so long it's taking some used to getting my legs unlazy. I can't even pass the complete training mode in the game.

And I just got Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 since it was on sale for 10 bucks and my uncle plays it so it's something to play with him, but I haven't even stuck it in the tray.

And I'd be enjoying the Lego Star Wars that I play over LIVE with him if not for the stupid vehicle levels.
Dan Airman Dan
BioShock looks good. Just ordered it. $20! Not bad.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I really need to play through it again on the PC.

I bought it via Steam.
Dan Airman Dan
I'm getting it for PS3. I'm out of games to play on it right now. I can't play CoD5 on it until I finish CoD4 on my Mac, and Force Unleashed lost me, bored to tears, in the first level.
Dan wrote:
I'm getting it for PS3. I'm out of games to play on it right now. I can't play CoD5 on it until I finish CoD4 on my Mac, and Force Unleashed lost me, bored to tears, in the first level.

Ah, yes. One of the great things about the PS3 version of Bioshock is that it comes with "challenge rooms" outside of the regular campaign. Haven't played any of them, but anything that gives you more to do for fun is fine by me.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
I'm going to have to start over on Bioshock I haven't played in too many months.
dv
Finally got KotOR II.

But gaming isn't as fun as it used to be. *gasp*
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I have played through KotOR 1&2 several times

Today I worked on a couple more achievement in Fallout 3, just to get them done.
gozer frenchie
batman: arkham asylum - this game rocks. picture bioshock with batman. and dry.
fallout 3: mothership zeta- eventually need to get back and finish this. my least favourite of the dlc's though.
inFamous- great PS3 game, beat it as good, replaying as evil
plants vs. zombies- great little mac game.
bratboy wrote:
This is embarrassing...I'm just getting around to attempting to finish Twilight Princess. After that I move on to...Bioshock.

:heh:

Also, Peggle. Always Peggle.

There were some neat moments in Zelda, but damn if that game just didn't disappoint the hell out of me.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
gozer wrote:

I kind of want to buy a TV and a PS3 just for this game (and a blu ray player).
spike attempting to look on the bright side
Conner wrote:

You all horde side or alliance side? I'm thinking of starting up again but I'm pretty sure my guild is dead.
Conner Of Gallifrey
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:

You all horde side or alliance side? I'm thinking of starting up again but I'm pretty sure my guild is dead.

Alliance.
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:

Alliance.

Nice, what server?
Conner Of Gallifrey
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:

Alliance.

Nice, what server?

Archimode. I've leveled my druid from 40 (where I left her 2 years ago) to 62.5 in a week and a half - quite happy about that. My character's name is Ekoria, feel free to send me a /w if you end up there.
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:

Alliance.

Nice, what server?

Archimode. I've leveled my druid from 40 (where I left her 2 years ago) to 62.5 in a week and a half - quite happy about that. My character's name is Ekoria, feel free to send me a /w if you end up there.

This is where I was at.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I downloaded the first chapter of Tales of Monkey Island weeks ago and haven't had time to play past the intro. I will soon be making time to play Scribblenauts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
gozer wrote:

I kind of want to buy a TV and a PS3 just for this game (and a blu ray player).

I watched a guy playing it yesterday and had the same thought.
gozer wrote:

Ah, great. People previewing the game said it gave off that vibe, glad to see it remained intact.
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:

Alliance.

Am I a lion?
Dan Airman Dan
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:
spike wrote:
Conner wrote:

Alliance.

Nice, what server?

You wanna do mine? I've had my priest for going on 4 years now, he's my only toon, and he's level 53 or so.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What whatcha playin' these days?

Page: 1, 2