The PS3 Slim is here

Page: 1, 2
Online now: DEyncourt, DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], juice, ukimalefu, Warin
http://gizmodo.com/5340035/sonys-playst ... -september

Quote:
Sony's officially announced their PlayStation 3 Slim that retails for $100 less than the current PlayStation 3 fat, which is also getting a price cut.

Quote:
The slim will come with a 120GB drive, and will be 32% smaller and 36% lighter than the standard PlayStation 3, as well as using 34% less power.

dv
So what's the downside that merits the $100 price cut vs. the "Fat" PS3?
Random User Sackboy's Master
They are using HD-DVD players instead of Blu-ray in the slim models.

:lol:
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Thank god. I've been so tired of the lack of portability and bloat in the devices that I don't move or lift.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
ukimalefu wrote:
Compare

Why do those both look like clunky, inelegant relics from the distant past in that picture?
Because they are.

No, really, it's taken Sony way too long to do this, and yet they're still going to make a dent this holiday towards the 360.
I believe the advantage of the 360 is Xbox Live. But yeah, a lot of people will get just because it's "the new thing", and it's $300 with a 120 GB HD.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
ukimalefu wrote:
I believe the advantage of the 360 is Xbox Live.

And games.
And not having Home.
gozer frenchie
and being able to rape you on peripherals.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
gozer wrote:
and being able to rape you on peripherals.

Which one you talkin' bout?

PS3 or 360?
gozer frenchie
what'chu talking about willis

DualShock 3 costs just as much as a 360 Wireless controller. Each have optional webcams. Either one with the music games have the same count in peripherals.

The only thing that is absolute rape is the Wireless Adapter. Which, yeah, by now should be part of the machine itself.
Don't forget the much easier hard drive upgrade in the ps3.

I much prefer my PS3 to my 360. I don't think I've turned on the 360 in a good few months now. I won't be renewing my Gold membership when it expires.
Dan Airman Dan
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

And games.

Live is an advantage of 360? Are you nuts?
Dan wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

And games.

Maybe I am. The truth is that I really don't know. Well, I do know it's full of idiots, but doesn't it have the best online... "experience" of all consoles?
crumble Bow ties are Cool
I just heard on the radio that it's not backwards compatible with PS2 disks. WTF?
Dan Airman Dan
crumble wrote:
I just heard on the radio that it's not backwards compatible with PS2 disks. WTF?

There was only one edition of the PS3 that was ever backwards-compatible, and it's not been on sale for a long time now.
ukimalefu wrote:
Dan wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

And games.

Maybe I am. The truth is that I really don't know. Well, I do know it's full of idiots, but doesn't it have the best online... "experience" of all consoles?

You're not nuts. Dan is.

Live is head and shoulders about whatever Sony is calling their onlinbe "experience" now.
Dan Airman Dan
Warin wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
Dan wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

And games.

You're not nuts. Dan is.

Live is head and shoulders about whatever Sony is calling their onlinbe "experience" now.

Shut your stick fiddling face you gay bundle of sticks fine, upstanding person kike.
See? That's the kind of things the Xbox kids say, isn't it?
Dan Airman Dan
Yeah. It is. I won't go near that human waste.
Dan Airman Dan
Note that you need to read that post in the voice of a 10 year old, at 11:30PM.
chikie The same deviled egg
Dan wrote:
Note that you need to read that post in the voice of a 10 year old, at 11:30PM.

WoC?
gozer frenchie
Phydeaux wrote:
what'chu talking about willis

DualShock 3 costs just as much as a 360 Wireless controller. Each have optional webcams. Either one with the music games have the same count in peripherals.

The only thing that is absolute rape is the Wireless Adapter. Which, yeah, by now should be part of the machine itself.

you're right. adding a larger hdd isn't rape at all.
gozer frenchie
and owning all three consoles, if everything were equal game selection wise i would choose the ps3 any day.

it's a shame they don't have the same selection of quality exclusives.
sturner Ancient Soldier
:facepalm:

This is the reason I don't game online with a console.

The population behaves like hooligans.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Live can be an asset with a carefully groomed friends list. With close to 100 friends I don't have to play solo. We get into our own party room and leave the stupidness behind.

With that new court order for the release of anon user info could be applied to M$ and Live. Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I've heard such foul things I've thought about doing it myself but I never got the recorded proof. There we go Phy, wanna start a Class Action against M$, Live and all the uncouth individuals? I'll buy, you record.
Dan wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

And games.

No. PSN and WiiConnect24 are horrible in comparison.
Dan wrote:
Warin wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
Dan wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

And games.

You're not nuts. Dan is.

Shut your stick fiddling face you gay bundle of sticks fine, upstanding person kike.

YEAH YOU human waste LICK uncouth woman YOU WHORE roosters EXCLUSIVELY
sturner wrote:
:facepalm:

This is the reason I don't game online with a console.

The population behaves like hooligans.

Which I won't deny.

The difference between the two communities are console folk are dicks while playing and PC folk are dicks on blogs and forums. Seriously. Kotaku is full of self-entitled elitist PC users.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
Live can be an asset with a carefully groomed friends list. With close to 100 friends I don't have to play solo. We get into our own party room and leave the stupidness behind.

With that new court order for the release of anon user info could be applied to M$ and Live. Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I've heard such foul things I've thought about doing it myself but I never got the recorded proof. There we go Phy, wanna start a Class Action against M$, Live and all the uncouth individuals? I'll buy, you record.

Fill me in. What is it we're wanting to do?
I saw the price cut in the news ... it made me tempted to finally buy one. Gran Turismo for me, Final Fantasy for the lady. Though I might have to finally get a TV, I suppose.
Today I saw a trailer for Gran Turismo 5:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/54450.html

OMG it looks amazing. The best part is when the door opens and you see the 2 guys inside. Oh yeah, GT will FINALLY show damage from crashes.
I like how they're unconcernedly going about their tasks while the doors are flying open and they're bashing off the walls like a ping-pong ball.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I like how they're unconcernedly going about their tasks while the doors are flying open and they're bashing off the walls like a ping-pong ball.

Well, more than a trailer it was actually more like a tech demo of GT 5. And how much realism you want in a driving game? The pilot and copilot with expressions of "OMG we're gonna die! in their faces?

In Gran Turismo 2 there's NOBODY inside the cars. So they're either driven by ghosts, or remote control.
Down, boy! I was just kidding. The graphics are, of course, stunning.

It occurs to me that it'd be really hard for me to adjust to the gamepad, which after so long seems an archaic and clumsy interface, after only gaming with the Wii.
Dan Airman Dan
That's why you use a wheel and pedals set to play.
Sounds spensy.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The PS3 Slim is here

Page: 1, 2