GLAAD hosted a Gay Gaming Conference...

Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
So Kotaku had an op-ed column and I was posting all over it and apparently one of my comments stuck enough in order to get mentioned by Justin Cole in front of Microsoft's Program Manager for Policy and Enforcement. Specifically an exchange I had with another user where it was said that "it's your own fault if you don't report" to which I replied that I can't hold anyone accountable for NOT reporting because the time it takes in between matches to file an account when the XBox interface is so sluggish to pull that report window up, most people will understandably not go through with it for fear of not getting to veto conditions for the next match or missing the first 20 seconds of the next match entirely. So they pretty much have to back out to the main menu and THAT eats into game time.

Stephen had not much to say on it. The old company line:

Quote:
The other big talker was Microsoft's Toulouse, but I think he was being targeted. At the beginning of the panel, Cole presented a video that outlined the issues facing gays and lesbians in online gaming. All of their in-game examples seemed to be from Xbox Live – most specifically, Halo multiplayer. To his credit, Toulouse responded to almost every issue raised by Kotaku comments and admitted that Xbox Live hasn't got it right quite yet – but they're committed to making their community a safe place to game for everybody.

The video may have been a mixture of GayerGamer's "Halo: Homophobia Evolved":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alOnuN-wCY

And my little number here:

http://xboxdead.com/?p=55

Because I posted it in the comments section where they were looking at other stuff that was written. I bet that kid calling me a bundle of sticks every few seconds didn't bank on his performance being played in front of a few hundred people, the politically active gay community, and the gaming press.

I'm just glad I'm not the only straight guy out there that really cares about the outcome of conferences like this.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
I'm just glad I'm not the only straight guy out there that really cares about the outcome of conferences like this.

Phydeaux REPRESENTS!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

GLAAD hosted a Gay Gaming Conference...