DSi

Online now: No visible users
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Anyone here have a DSi? I'm thinking of upgrading and giving my mother-in-law my Lite. At first, I wasn't all that interested in the DSi, but I like the idea of augmented reality games, and some upcoming titles are making use of the camera. DSiWare also holds some appeal. But is it really worth the money?

The DS is my favorite system of all time. I suppose it's enevitable that I'll own all the iterations. :p
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
I too love my DS lite. Have any great games been released lately? It seems like all I've picked up in the past few years are the various castlevania games.
You guys are making me regret giving away my DS.
bratboy wrote:
I too love my DS lite. Have any great games been released lately? It seems like all I've picked up in the past few years are the various castlevania games.

I guess it depends on what you like. I got Rhythm Heaven awhile back, and have found it enjoyable. There are a lot of games coming out this fall and winter that I'm really looking forward to. On my must have list:

Scribblenauts
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

On my maybe list:

Ghostwire
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion

I'm sure that there are more that I'm forgetting.

I really love (action) adventure games and visualized/interactive novels. I'm glad the DS has done so much to bring those back.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
i like side scrolling action games, which the DS is also great for.

Oh wait, isn't there a DS peggle? Must. get. that.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Scribblenauts is going to be EPIC.
SpacemanSpiff Resident Gimp
Are there currently any DSi only games?
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Are there currently any DSi only games?

Well, all of the DSiWare Games are DSi only. The augmented reality games that require the camera will be DSi only. Some games are simply enhanced to allow players to use the extra features on the DSi.

However, the DSi doesn't have the GBA slot, so games that require that won't actually work on the DSi. Not a big deal to me. If nothing else, I could still use Aaron's DS Lite.
Random User Sackboy's Master
I just bought two DSi consoles for me and my daughter. One black (for me) and one blue (for her).

She loves it.

Awesome photo and sound editing. Dual cameras (outward facing and inward facing). SD card slot for offloading pics and sounds and stuff. Slimmer design.

It's all good.

I highly recommend the Nintendo DSi.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

DSi