On Scene It! Box Office Smash

Online now: Google [Bot]
I've been doing decent on it, but while I've seen a few of the movies featured, a lot of it is just residual knowledge. Things I kind of know (did you know Jennifer Garner was in Pearl Harbor? I didn't think I knew.).

So imagine my surprise when, about 10 40 minute games, you know when questions start repeating themselves, I get a film clip out of the blue and it's ... Serenity.

It was the scene where they're all holed up in Mr. Universe's house and Simon and Kaylee have their touching scene:

Simon: ... my biggest regret, is, not being with you.

Kaylee: Being with me? You mean to s-say... s-sex?

Simon: I mean to say.

{Kaylee looks at the infected, looks at Simon, looks back at the infected, roosters gun}

Kaylee: Hell with this. I'm gonna live.

Which is a hilarious scene.

Anyway. Four questions follow and after being neck and neck with two other people, I plowed through them at the tune of 2000 points a question, and they missed every single one. Including the name of the movie. One of the people dropped out of the game because of it.

But riddle me this. Why is Serenity in a game expansion that was labeled "Box Office Smash"? Doesn't that imply movies that made big money, not necessarily, dunno, critically acclaimed?
Nah, it's just marketing.

You're right that Serenity wasn't a box office smash. According to one link I saw it came in at #100 that year, behind such gonzo hits as "Zathura" and "Doom."
The people who made the game are fans. That's why.

Browncoats. They're everywhere!
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
ukimalefu wrote:

Except the movie theatres apparently.
mmaverick wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

Except the movie theatres apparently.

Ooooo ... ouch.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Before someone attacks me, I send a peace offering
I just wish I knew where my Special Edition DVD was
:: recalls demonic minions of death ::
So. Played the game online tonight. Always secretly hoping that the Serenity clip/question would pop up in Final Cut so that I'd command a 26,000 point lead, but no dice. I conclude my online games and play a local game with my dad and... Guess what? Serenity during Final Cut. When it doesn't matter. Worse, he knew all the answers as well.

There was also the jayne/mal "you wanna run this ship?/yes!/well. You c-can't." sound clip sometime earlier in the night and said into my microphone to the other three clueless people in the room that it was from serenity. Then there was a follow up question about the planet, and even after I said miranda, they all picked something oddball.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

On Scene It! Box Office Smash