The Sims

Online now: Google [Bot]
Post Reply
Anyone into the whole Sims thang? I personally am not, but my lady is addict ... she freaked when I showed her the newly-installed Sims 3 on the hard drive.

It strikes me as pretty much the boringest thing ever ... but the ways you can tinker with the environment and characters and stuff seems neat.

I'd like a mod that lets you fiddlesticks with their DNA so they're born with tentacles or some such.

Also I find myself wondering whether their gibberish Sim-language occasionally utters sounds that can be interpreted as swear words in some countries.
I'd like a mod that lets you fiddlesticks.

eh ehn ehhh?

No seriously that's what Second Life is for.
chikie The same deviled egg
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

I'd like a mod that lets you fiddlesticks with their DNA so they're born with tentacles or some such.

And then call it "Spore"?
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
User avatar
I don't like the Sims because it's way too much like real life. I don't like going to work and having to pee, so I really don't care to play a video game where that's half of what one does.

I do like games such as Animal Crossing, where one only has to do fun things like go fishing, talk to friends, and plant trees.

My sister used to play the Sims, until one day she was in the bathroom, and realized she was imagining her own urine meter. She decided enough was enough at that point.
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
i like to kill them off, I had one lot with over 100 ghosts at one time,most died by starvation or drowning, but I did manage to fry a couple and scare a couple to death
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
I have The Sims 2 on my Mac... I fiddle with it from time to time.
chikie The same deviled egg
User avatar
Malkin wrote:
I don't like the Sims because it's way too much like real life. I don't like going to work and having to pee, so I really don't care to play a video game where that's half of what one does.

Back when there was a bunch of hoopla about Second Life, I would joke that the name is really a misnomer, because the only people who would play it (besides /b/tards trolling) don't have a life to begin with.

I really do not get 'ordinary' simulators. I fly flight sims because I do not wish to pay the money for flight lessons right now, and to be in situations I would not get to normally fly in. I don't get the idea of simulating somebody's life, when you can go out and actually live a life.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
User avatar
Malkin wrote:
*snip*

My sister used to play the Sims, until one day she was in the bathroom, and realized she was imagining her own urine meter. She decided enough was enough at that point.


Haha! That reminds me of hearing "Smoke On The Water" on the radio, and thinking, "Green, red, blue. Green, red, yellow, blue. Green red blue, red green."
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
DukeofNuke wrote:
Malkin wrote:
*snip*

My sister used to play the Sims, until one day she was in the bathroom, and realized she was imagining her own urine meter. She decided enough was enough at that point.


Haha! That reminds me of hearing "Smoke On The Water" on the radio, and thinking, "Green, red, blue. Green, red, yellow, blue. Green red blue, red green."


I once went to buy something and tried to convert the cost from CAD to WoW gold... then I cancelled my subscription.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
User avatar
He gets it. It's why I stopped playing with the Sims. It was too much like actual work.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

The Sims