PS3 adaptor?

Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Is there an adaptor to connect a PS3 to a tv that does not have an HDMI input?
Yes, in the box. The PS3 doesnt even come with an HDMI cable.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Thanks.
I presume, then, that a replacement is available at Gamestop?
possibly, its not always in stock, but buying a cable at game stop is the retail equivalent of bending over in a prison shower. If you need it today, go on but order it else where online if possible.
What connectors do you have on the back of your TV?

If you're just needing composite like what's supposed to come in the box, Gamestop might have some used cables for 2.99 or so.

Component cables will run more, in the area of 14.99-24.99 and will usually be 3rd party.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Well, I found one that connects to the analog cable input, and when it is plugged in and turned on, I geta blue screen on the tv, (as opposed to the no-signal static), but the game wont come on, just a blank screen.
I would like to connect it to the composite (red, white, yellow) jacks, but I can do it on the R,G,B one too. The HDMI input on this tv is stick fiddled up.
DukeofNuke wrote:
but I can do it on the R,G,B one too. The HDMI input on this tv is stick fiddled up.

Component, and actually thats the one you want ideally.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, is there a wire that'll make it work that way?
The PS3 is probably set to use HDMI or something and has turned off the analog outputs. I dont know what to tell you to do, find a reset button or something.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I had to do this yesterday acutally, as I moved my PS3 to a smaller TV. Press and hold the power button till it beeps a second time - it will reset the video settings.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I found the wire at Gamestop for $9.99. (Turns out it is the same as the wire for the PS2)
Did the button hold-down thing.
Yoo-Hoo! Working now!

Thanks Guys!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

PS3 adaptor?