So, i purchased Forza Motorsport 2...

Online now: avkills, DEyncourt, Google [Bot]
sean Royal Wombat
... And it's badass! I was a big fan of the GranTourismo series for the Play Station / PS2, and when i came across this down @ the local Game Stop, i decided to pick up a copy. It's pretty badass. Better graphics than GT4, and better gameplay, IMO. If you're looking for a good racing game for the 360, give this one a look.

I love the idea of realistic racing games. I love the idea of having photorealistic cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars race around urban and wilderness setting. Then I hate them when I get one because A - I have to unlock everything that isnt a 300 series BMW and B - because I grew up playing mario kart where if you take your finger off the gas pedal you're doing it wrong. B leads to A never going away.
Indeed, there's a reason my gamerscore in PGR 3, PGR 4 and Forza 2 pale in comparison to my Burnout (1000/1000 Revenge and Paradise) and Motorstorm (ranked as God before I sold my PS3) obsessions. It's because I can't barrel roll in a realistic sim.

But hey, if you're ever on and want to multiplayer race, shoot me a message.
sean Royal Wombat
Marc wrote:
I love the idea of realistic racing games. I love the idea of having photorealistic cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars race around urban and wilderness setting. Then I hate them when I get one because A - I have to unlock everything that isnt a 300 series BMW and B - because I grew up playing mario kart where if you take your finger off the gas pedal you're doing it wrong. B leads to A never going away.

I can see how you might find that annoying, but, i find that the races a i have yet to unlock are races i cannot afford to compete in yet anyway, and the cars i have yet to unlock are serious overkill for the level of racing im doing at the moment. As well, as long as your racing against evenly matched competition, it is just as fun racing a Fiat 500 as a C5R Corvette.

Phydeaux wrote:
But hey, if you're ever on and want to multiplayer race, shoot me a message.

Will do.
No I bought the racing game with the awesome real graphics to race with an electric blue lotus. I'd rather not play for 20 hours just for that ability. I didn't get it solely because I was tired of dodging red shells.... Damn yaris looks like something out of mario kart anyways.
Yaris is human waste.

I should know because I just spent hours upon hours collecting 1,000,000 coins to get the final achievement in it.

Or were you talking about something else.
I was talking about the actual car in racing games, though I do have that awful game.
sean Royal Wombat
Anywhoo, i've been having loads of fun flogging lower-spec cars around the track, often racing a bone stock car in order to make enough money to begin to upgrade it.

I tried loading this up last night and it wouldn't work.

Hm. Time to get it buffed, I guess.
sean Royal Wombat
Bummer... I've been playing it whenever i had some free time... im really getting addicted to it.
Oh, what's your Gamertag?
sean Royal Wombat
I haven't played it online yet, but, my gamertag is ItsTheBishop
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

So, i purchased Forza Motorsport 2...