NES/SNES from Think Geek

Online now: Google [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Anyone have, or know anyone that has this console? I can't afford a Wii to play old games, and i saw this on TG and was wondering about it.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Looks nifty, though I do most of my NES playing on my Mac with an emulator.
Looks like most of the games i want to play are available for the Wii (VC) but i can't afford one right now. :(
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
I'm not sure, but didn't a lot of the classic games get ported to the DS? That would be cheaper than a Wii.

Emulators like Geesie mentioned are another option, and free. Technically you'd need to own the physical ROMs of the games to be legal, but you're not likely to get caught.
I don't want a DS and i don't want to play games on my Mac.
I've seen a similar model in some game stores (that arent EBGameStop) they performed quite well all told but it's just a uncouth individual to get the physical game carts, then again the market for them probably tanked like the stock market when the Wii's virtual console started taking off.
That's the one thing i'm wondering about. Availability of games. I found the ones i want on amazon (used im sure) but im also a little leery about them. The games with batteries in them may not have much life left in them. If my son kept all the games, then i may just go ahead and buy that console.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I bought a modded xbox a few years ago that has just about every nes, snes and genesis game on it. it was less than half the price of a wii, and that was a few years ago, might be worth looking into.
Well, i like the design and controller of that retro box, and if i can't get a Wii, that would be what i get. I'm not interested in an XBOX at all.
FutureDreamz Matthew 5:5
Banned User(s)
I just have a real SNES collecting dust in my basement.
Tho I do Have Mario Bros. 3 for the VC.
Conner Of Gallifrey
justine wrote:
Well, i like the design and controller of that retro box, and if i can't get a Wii, that would be what i get. I'm not interested in an XBOX at all.

I like your thinking: "I can either buy this retro gaming system for 50 bucks and play NES/SNES games, or buy a XBOX for 25$ and play NES/SNES AND OTHER games on it!"

Clearly, the latter is worse!

... I really want a real SNES.
Banned User(s)
I'd sell it to you, but it's my comrad-brother's.
If you get some decent USB controllers, emulators work quite well.
Conner wrote:
justine wrote:

I like your thinking: "I can either buy this retro gaming system for 50 bucks and play NES/SNES games, or buy a XBOX for 25$ and play NES/SNES AND OTHER games on it!"

Clearly, the latter is worse!

... I really want a real SNES.

I can't imagine you being this sarcastic in real life. I can't imagine anyone being as sarcastic as you in real life.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Do you want a Dreamcast that can play all the old Nintendo games? I'm making Aaron get rid of it, because it's just collecting dust. We might have to burn a new CD, but I'd be happy to send it your way.
I'm still waiting to see if my son still has the old games. I wonder if hs still has the Dreamcast. I forgot about that one. Heh. I'll get back to you.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Not all Dreamcasts can do it. Either way, just let me know. :)
I know, how about you keep the Dreamcast and send me your Wii? :D
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
justine wrote:
I'm still waiting to see if my son still has the old games. I wonder if hs still has the Dreamcast. I forgot about that one. Heh. I'll get back to you.

Why would you be interested in a DC but not an xbox?
Everybody's talking about modding systems to do what she wants when it's kind of obvious that justine doesn't want that aggravation. If we could step away from that direction, I'm sure we'd all be happier.
mmaverick wrote:
justine wrote:

Why would you be interested in a DC but not an xbox?

Mostly because it's free?
I'm actually trying to talk myself out of getting a Wii, which is the last big ticket (to me) item i want. The Dreamcast is coming with the games i want. Who knows, i may just end up biting the bullet and getting the Wii. The bundles sell for $249, although, i think they're all sports bundles that i don't really care about.
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
the wii sports is worth the bundle, you will love it
Banned User(s)
I thought Wii Sports comes with ALL Wiis.
think of it as a tutorial.
Wii Play is far more a tutorial than Sports but yeah its close.
Banned User(s)
Marc wrote:
Wii Play is far more a tutorial than Sports but yeah its close.

It's designed to be a tutorial for people that think manuals are for geeks, or people tat think manuals are for n00bs.
Conner Of Gallifrey
justine wrote:
I'm actually trying to talk myself out of getting a Wii, which is the last big ticket (to me) item i want. The Dreamcast is coming with the games i want. Who knows, i may just end up biting the bullet and getting the Wii. The bundles sell for $249, although, i think they're all sports bundles that i don't really care about.

The "249" bundle is just a Wii + and Wii Sports - you cannot get it without that game in the States.
Oh ok, i was hoping maybe a different bundle, not that i'll be getting it anytime soon, but maybe …
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Unfortunately for the Wii buying public, the damned thing sells so well that nintendo doesn't really need to bundle games (other than wiisport/play) to make their system look attractive to buyers.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

NES/SNES from Think Geek