House of the Dead: Overkill

Page: 1, 2
Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, juice, maurvir
... is stick fiddling awesome. Love it!

If you have a Wii, go get it. NOW.

Note: it's very much NSFW! Very gory, plus they swear like confused individuals.
user Stupid cockwomble
Is it a First Person Shooter or a Butthole Person Shooter (also known as Third Person).
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
I think it's mean to be played with the light gun adapters. Dunno wild guess since we don't wii.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
I think it's mean to be played with the light gun adapters. Dunno wild guess since we don't wii.

I don't have a Wii either, but I don't think you need one. It could be fun though. And for a zombie game I'd get THIS:

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/wiiweap ... 1000444530
Conner Of Gallifrey
It's an on rails shooter.
First person.

And it works just fine without a gun adapter -- I have one but I never use it; I've yet to see one that offers good access to all the buttons.

A neat li'l easter egg is the "gangsta" bonus ... if you shoot 50 mutants (not zombies) with the controller held sideways, your character gets $1337.
user wrote:
Is it a First Person Shooter or a Butthole Person Shooter (also known as Third Person).

no one has ever called it that before you nor will they ever call it that again
crumble Bow ties are Cool
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
A neat li'l easter egg is the "gangsta" bonus ... if you shoot 50 mutants (not zombies) with the controller held sideways, your character gets $1337.

It does not! :lol:

That's too funny if you're serious. :D
Conner Of Gallifrey
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
First person.

On rails, not first person.
crumble wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

It does not! :lol:

That's too funny if you're serious. :D

It's the real deal all right.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Conner wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
First person.

On rails, not first person.

Yeah, I don't really like those (except for at the arcade, hopefully drunk).
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
just ordered this game, I will give a review once I come back from cali, I leave on monday and I probably won't get back until the following weekend, game should be here by the time I get back
Automatic shotgun rawks!
Cool, I just finished it. But the Director's cut is stick fiddling hard, man!
still in cali, but the game is waiting at my house, won't be back until mid-late week
lolz, i'm trying! but I needs to do some work first! Looks like I will get to leave by midweek now :D
Perhaps I should stop nagging you, then.

Nah.

PLAY THE stick fiddler, NUMBNUTS!!!
FutureDreamz Matthew 5:5
Banned User(s)
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
THAT'S WHAT HE SAID

Last edited by FutureDreamz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 am.

Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Perhaps I should stop nagging you, then.

Nah.

...<insert filter dodge here>. ;)
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
just played it for a few minutes. FUN! FUN! FUN!! :D
Told ya, din' I???
user Stupid cockwomble
Marc wrote:
user wrote:

no one has ever called it that before you nor will they ever call it that again

I's an innovator!!

Guess you can tell I don't like 3rd person so much.
I tell you, the end is just sick! that stupid bastard died of vagiffication, and to make it worse it was his mother! :eek:
I know, eh? stick fiddling nuts.

Have you tried Director's Cut yet? It's fuckin' hard, confused individual!
no, I haven't, I wanna go back and max my guns out by running through the levels again for a bit. I may try for the director's cuts soon, once I stop dying so many damn times. Have you played the mini games? Those are pretty fun too :D
Keep in mind that when you start in Director's cut you're back to zero!

And in fact if you rack up big bucks in the regular game, it's apparently harder to do it in Director's Cut.
I may go give them a try now then. I just really really want to run through the whole game with the mini gun, or the auto shotgun. The only gun I have used so far is just the pistol, but it is maxed out.
The auto shotgun is teh awesome. The minigun, not so much.
does the auto shotgun give more gore points? I can't get any with just the pistol. Is it possible to carry 2 weapoans? I noticed at the gunshop there is another select list below the first.
It is possible to carry two weapons ... I remember having trouble switching between them. I think that if you finish Director's Cut you can hold two Wiimotes and have a weapon in each hand.

The auto shotgun doesn't give more gore points ... you get that by taking a lot of shots without missing. Keep hitting the target and the bonus builds; miss and you have to start over. The higher your bonus gets (up to Goregasm) the more points you get for killing mutants.

The auto shotgun doesn't increase the bonus at all, but it's a hell of a lot easier to hit the targets (it has one shot one kill capability) and thus collect the bonus.
sturner Ancient Soldier
Anyone tried Left 4 Dead, on Steam?

It's a little repetitive since there are only 4 maps, but it can be very immersive.
Conner Of Gallifrey
PILLS OVER HERE.
I don't find it repetitive at all, since the spawns are always randomized. Speed runs is what makes it good. That and versus mode provides the most meat to L4D.

On April 21st, though, there'll be a new mode, Survival, which is like Gears of War 2's Horde mode. I'm excited.
sturner Ancient Soldier
How come I never see you guys online? I'd do a game with you if I knew your ID, even add you to my friends list. I find it more enjoyable playing with people I know.
They avoid you. They know you're not to be trifled with when there's killin' to be done.
Conner Of Gallifrey
sturner wrote:
How come I never see you guys online? I'd do a game with you if I knew your ID, even add you to my friends list. I find it more enjoyable playing with people I know.

My live name is ConnertheCat - add me (been playing the hell out of Fallout3 waiting for the content drop for L4D though).
sturner Ancient Soldier
I'm jones0430. I'll send the invite.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

House of the Dead: Overkill

Page: 1, 2