Tons of Burnout: Paradise content got released early today

Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
Oops!

At least we know what the Boost Specials and Toy Cars actually do, now. Criterion has just teased us with one or two screenshots the last couple of months and now, ta-da, people are running them around the city, to the envy of the rest of us who let our buddies borrow our copies so we were just waiting awhile to get everything at once.

Boost Specials allow you to switch inbetween Speed, Stunt and Aggro boost with the flick of a button, meaning that if you were boosting along in a race and didn't keep your burnout combo up with the Speed boost, you could switch to Stunt boost, do a jump, near miss, etc. and be back in business and switch back. Absolutely nasty. That's one of the two of them. The other one is Speed boost all the way and IT NEVER TURNS OFF. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Toy Cars are smaller scale replicas of ones already in the game (1:6 scale it appears?) and they're near indestructible. I'm waiting for more word from people as to what they're capabilities are, but apparently they can boost too.

Now if they'd just release that new island and new achievements, I'll stop weeping over my loss of Motorstorm.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I FINALLY found a copy of the game in Target tonight - been looking for it for stick fiddling weeks.
The Toy Car DLC that got accidentally released in the OP will now be officially released this week after officially passing certification.

We weren't supposed to see it until this summer, but the pressure to release them since a good few thousand people are already rolling with them and beating the human waste out of us, physically, not actually in a race, with them Criterion is pushing the update out quicker.

In all honesty they're already in that 800 some odd megabyte update that we had to get awhile ago, so everyone... has them but no one gets to drive them unless they pay for the privilege. I dunno. I know why they do it (so that you can play with people who do buy it and watch them use it), but, you know, pay for content I already have? EA caught crap for this with Tiger Woods not three years back.

Anyway, the Takedown 4x4 Toy Car is a beast. All the indestructible power with some more speed. Inevitably some disadvantages, I'll see what they are when I get behind the wheel.

More than the Toy Cars, I'm anticipating the Boost Specials pack. I don't know if they have a picture of it somewhere...

Ah, here we go:

That. That right there is what I'll be using from here on out.

oh brb
Conner Of Gallifrey
I really like the Jansen 88 Special.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Tons of Burnout: Paradise content got released early today