Rock Band

Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, juice, maurvir
As I may have mentioned in other threads, I got Rock Band 2 for Xbox 360 this Christmas...

...but I only got the game. No drums, no bass, no guitar. So I'm stuck using the mic (that shipped with my 360) to sing vocals. And I suck. Because I have no singing talent whatsoever.

So, basically, I was wondering, would this drum set and this guitar work with Rock Band 2 or do I have to specifically get the Rock Band 2 equipment?
Conner Of Gallifrey
safari wrote:
As I may have mentioned in other threads, I got Rock Band 2 for Xbox 360 this Christmas...

...but I only got the game. No drums, no bass, no guitar. So I'm stuck using the mic (that shipped with my 360) to sing vocals. And I suck. Because I have no singing talent whatsoever.

So, basically, I was wondering, would this drum set and this guitar work with Rock Band 2 or do I have to specifically get the Rock Band 2 equipment?

Yes, they'll work fine - what I use.
Conner wrote:
safari wrote:

Yes, they'll work fine - what I use.

Cool! Thanks a bunch! Just ordered from Amazon!
You could, but I wouldn't blindly buy any used plastic instruments.

For guitars, run by a game store with a liberal return policy (usually 30 days no questions ask save for obvious abuse at GameStop). Check the strum bar, whammy bar during sustained overdrive notes to see if your energy bar increases and make sure you can activate overdrive by just tilting the guitar. For drums, game stores usually don't get them traded in, but if they do, feel the surface to make sure they're still smooth with nothing "caving in" on the pad. Remember they're supposed to come with a foot pedal, too. Otherwise I'd buy drums new. Rock Band or Rock Band 2, doesn't matter.

Remember you have plenty of other instrument options, however, since Harmonix made the game wide open so that you could bring just about whatever you like into it:

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

FWIW, the GHII X-plorer is the workhorse of the plastic instrument ensemble. Last Red Octane guitar made with Harmonix's input, works with damn well everything and the only time I've seen a flawed one is when the whammy just flops down from over working it. If you don't mind being wired and holding something made for bigger fingers yet feels unquestionably like you're holding a toy, that's the route to go. They usually run $20 at a game store.
Well crap. This is why I need to obsessively follow the forum.

Welp, let me know when you get them and we'll play together sometime over LIVE if you care.
Phydeaux wrote:
Welp, let me know when you get them and we'll play together sometime over LIVE if you care.

Sure, sure... my gamertag is the same as my old name here... safarirss6394
I wonder... is safari open on XBL? Probably not...
heh, i still need to add you sometime.

Today during lunch I got 97%, 5 Stars on Drums at the Hard difficulty on "Green Grass and High Tides" as made famous by The Outlaws.

Well, I'm proud of myself. Every other song leading up to that in that city (RB1 has a weird single player world tour) kicked my ass to the tune of 3 to 4 stars.
Phydeaux wrote:
heh, i still need to add you sometime.

Today during lunch I got 97%, 5 Stars on Drums at the Hard difficulty on "Green Grass and High Tides" as made famous by The Outlaws.

Well, I'm proud of myself. Every other song leading up to that in that city (RB1 has a weird single player world tour) kicked my ass to the tune of 3 to 4 stars.

Yeah, I think my Gold subscription expired a couple weeks ago. I haven't been on my Xbox all that much lately (except for watching Netflix movies and listening to my iPod over the speakers) thanks to a ton of work that I have been having to do. Perhaps I should pick up a new subscription card a Kmart...?
Endless Setlist 2, straight through = Bladder of Steel Award, Expert difficulty, singing, 420 out of 420 possible stars, 6 hours and 20 minutes.

Does facebook let me hotlink?

I'm exhausted.
No, I didn't neglect to take a picture of a screen that says "CONGRATULATIONS. YOU. ARE. A. cigarette." Don't bother asking.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I can't tell if I should be impressed or appalled. Either way it seems like you have it down.

I get bored after like 10 songs.
I kept my boredom to a minimum and panic level at a high by constantly updating my facebook with my progress. 10-15 seconds inbetween songs makes that kind of hard.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=16036

Well that would've been handy.

List of places where I could've ran off for a bathroom break without jeopardizing the achievement.

That I didn't know about this means I'm HARDCORE
Image"Endless Setlist 2 - Problem Solved. Who wants to join me?"

:lol:

Dibs on bathtub.
Endless setlist 1 on Rock Band 1 now complete on Expert.

My fake guitarist hates me over it. Chief reasons being "green grass and high tides" and "highway star". Matter of fact, the third attempt on the former resulted in him failing out mere seconds before the end of the song, but I was able to pull him back in right before it would've counted the entire song as a fail.

Timing windows on the first game aren't nearly as forgiving as the second.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Highway Star is more annoying IMHO.
I remember bass being especially annoying. But yeah, the guitar solo was making us pull our hair out. To the point where he went "okay. I'm putting the strum bar portion on my shoulder so that I can have both hands on the neck. Just strum in 1-2 increments so that I can roll". Yeah, that didn't work, either. It's also funny to hear him whine that he can do the exact same things in Guitar Hero III, WT, Metalllica, and saying that Rock Band 1/2, GH and GHII are "broken" because he can't just plow through them.

Gee, it wouldn't have anything to do with Harmonix knowing what an acceptable hit window would be, would it?
Conner Of Gallifrey
I normally play Bass.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I love Highway Star.
The live version on Made In Japan is teh awsomest!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Rock Band