StarCraft (Mac)

Online now: Bing (sucks)
Post Reply
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
Has anyone got, or know where i can get, a CD image of the Mac OS StarCraft install CD?

Now... before you all think im trying to pirate it, im not. I have said CD, but it's too scratched up to use, and as such have my own CD-key.
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Starcraft or Broodwars?
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
No... the original one. StarCraft.
SpacemanSpiff Resident Gimp
User avatar
You don't have Brood Wars ?!?!?

(or maybe you do but you didn't lose that particular disk)
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
I have an unopened StarCraft Battle Chest. So that's cool...
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
So... i take it noone has a starcraft CD they can image for me?
:cry2:
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
Yeah... i've already tried torrenting it. Infact... that is one of the torrents i tried. 's dead. 'can't connect to host'
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
here is another with larger seeders, but it includes broodwar, so you may have to dl that too:

http://www.monova.org/details/993163/St ... roodwar%20[OS%20X]%20(www%20softzone%20org).html

edit: you're gonna have to copy and paste because the forum doesn't like [ these guys ]
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
Thanks guys... i'll give those a shot.
WindowsBreakerG5 Defender of the Oxford Comma
User avatar
If not i have an image. I also have a more recent disk with an os x installer
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
Does Starcraft work with OS X? The reason I havent opened mine yet was because I was under the impression it needed classic, and I have an intel mac.
dv
User avatar
John wrote:
Does Starcraft work with OS X? The reason I havent opened mine yet was because I was under the impression it needed classic, and I have an intel mac.

There is an OS X compatible installer that you can download. It installs the app from the original CD and updates it to a Carbon version that will run under OS X. Of course, it's still being Rosetta-emulated, but afaik, it works just fine.
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
dvpierce wrote:
John wrote:
Does Starcraft work with OS X? The reason I havent opened mine yet was because I was under the impression it needed classic, and I have an intel mac.

There is an OS X compatible installer that you can download. It installs the app from the original CD and updates it to a Carbon version that will run under OS X. Of course, it's still being Rosetta-emulated, but afaik, it works just fine.


Yeah, and it's so resource light that even a macbook can run it easy.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
Awesome thanks guys, I may have to get that going this summer when I go home. Do people still play online?
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
I used to play online all the time, but i lost the game install due to a HD crash (all my 'important' stuff was backed up) and my install CD was too screwed up. But you bet your pants i'll be firing this game up tonight!
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
John wrote:
Awesome thanks guys, I may have to get that going this summer when I go home. Do people still play online?


The last time I was on battle.net with Starcraft (probably within the last 3 months), I think I saw ~40,000 players online.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
I fear this is going to be Myth: The Fallen Lords all over again for me. I suppose I should just tell my friends I won't be seeing them for 8 months.
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Woah - you've never played before? I figured you were like me when you said you had an un-opened copy... I think I own 3 battlechests lol.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
Nope, I havent played Starcraft before, a good amount of Warcraft 2/3, but no Starcraft, I hear great things though. Which is why I worry.

Blizzard came to my school to make a presentation about internships and had a free raffle for a bunch of games and shirts and stuff. That's how I got the Starcraft Battle Chest (plus some Warcraft playing cards!). Since like 10 people showed up, we all won something.
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Blizzard pretty much owned my life when I was in middle and high school.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
Blizzard and Bungie for me.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
User avatar
I played Warcraft 1 & 2, as well as all the Marathon games.

At one of my work places we had a break room set up so we could play Marathon 2 multiplayer.
I still play Marathon. Online all the time, and a new solo scenario is coming in a few days.

I started playing Starcraft THIS YEAR. I'm only like... 6 levels into it.
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
... I spent the better part of last night playing starcraft. Now i'm sleepy. I have class in 40 minutes.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
User avatar
I spent all of last night working, now I have to go to bed so I can do the same thing tonight!!
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
I've forgotten how fun starcraft can be... i've been playing online almost every night this past week.
Still one of my favorite games.
Conner wrote:
Blizzard pretty much owned my life when I was in middle and high school.



Amen to that! Starcraft took over the family computer around 6th grade, and the family never got to use the computer again.
;)
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
swcoop1 wrote:
Conner wrote:
Blizzard pretty much owned my life when I was in middle and high school.



Amen to that! Starcraft took over the family computer around 6th grade, and the family never got to use the computer again.
;)


First it was Starcraft, then high school was Diablo 2.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

StarCraft (Mac)