the cyberpunk 2077 fiddlesticks

iOS, PSVR, XBone, Nintendo Switch, computer games, or even board games
TOS

the cyberpunk 2077 fiddlesticks

Post by TOS »

the launch has been about as disastrous as it's possible to get

they've just pulled it from the sony playstation store, and are even offering refunds

you know a game has to suck for the label to offer mass refunds

thoughts?
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
arkayn
Title: Aaarrrggghhhh

Post by arkayn »

I own it on PC, but will wait for the bug fixes.
sean
Title: Royal Wombat

Re: the cyberpunk 2077 fiddlesticks

Post by sean »

I've been playing it (on PC). Only had one crash. Any glitches have been minor and not of a game breaking severity at this point.
Resident Photoshop Guru & Car Guy
maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

What we have here is a console port of a game developed primarily for PC - and it illustrates why this is NOT how most game companies do things anymore. It is easier to take a console port and move to PC than vice-versa.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon, as I would hate to see CD Projekt Red's reputation tank over this.
TOS

Post by TOS »

repeated delays indicate they knew there was a problem, and the disaster of fallout 76 was a warning to the industry about buggy products and the backlash they cause

people are totally fed up with game producers, these cyberpunk guys should have known better
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Post by ukimalefu »

it's the same thing every time

"do not pre-order, wait for the reviews"

people won't learn

-

Having said that, I follow who I considered one of one the top experts and biggest cyberpunk fan on youtube, and she's loving it. Minor bugs (she's playing a pre-release version at the time I saw the video) and her biggest complain is about sexism: LOTS of female nudity (not that there's anything wrong with that) but no male nudity (she, and many people want that)

She's playing with max quality graphics but with NO raytracing as her video card isn't the latest. Some people blame nvidia for graphic problems.

Her spoiler free review:

https://youtu.be/F5KFNfbD6fQ

YES, there ARE problems, but IMHO, there's also the usual trendy hate of the internet. You're supposed to hate the game, because the internet says so.

By the way, I've also seen other people say they like it and are enjoying it.

The game company offered the refund, it wasn't sony's idea.
mmaverick
Title: my steady systematic decline

Post by mmaverick »

sean posted wrote: I've been playing it (on PC). Only had one crash. Any glitches have been minor and not of a game breaking severity at this point.

The glitches bugs and general performance worry me less than the fact that the game shipped isn’t the one they were talking about for years.
This post is not racist.
mmaverick

Re:

Post by mmaverick »

ukimalefu posted wrote: it's the same thing every time

"do not pre-order, wait for the reviews"

people won't learn

-

Having said that, I follow who I considered one of one the top experts and biggest cyberpunk fan on youtube, and she's loving it. Minor bugs (she's playing a pre-release version at the time I saw the video) and her biggest complain is about sexism: LOTS of female nudity (not that there's anything wrong with that) but no male nudity (she, and many people want that)

She's playing with max quality graphics but with NO raytracing as her video card isn't the latest. Some people blame nvidia for graphic problems.

Her spoiler free review:

https://youtu.be/F5KFNfbD6fQ

YES, there ARE problems, but IMHO, there's also the usual trendy hate of the internet. You're supposed to hate the game, because the internet says so.

By the way, I've also seen other people say they like it and are enjoying it.

The game company offered the refund, it wasn't sony's idea.

So then she’s playing it on PC. The vast majority of the issues have stemmed from CDPR only allowing reviewers access to the (much better performing) PC version, knowing full well that the console version was broken.

From almost all accounts, the game is gorgeous, and a lot of fun to play provided you play it how CDPR wants you to play it.
This post is not racist.
dv

Post by dv »

mmaverick posted wrote:
sean posted wrote: I've been playing it (on PC). Only had one crash. Any glitches have been minor and not of a game breaking severity at this point.

The glitches bugs and general performance worry me less than the fact that the game shipped isn’t the one they were talking about for years.

Is it ever? I mean, trailers always promise features and ideas that don't make it in. I can't think of a game in the last decade that is even close at launch to what was in the trailers. (Let alone a few years later after a bunch of patching and rebalancing - doubly so for MMOs.)

Hell. Halo started as an RTS.
ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

dv posted wrote:

ON THE MAC! Image
dv

Post by dv »

ukimalefu posted wrote:
dv posted wrote:

ON THE MAC! Image

I KNOW!
mmaverick

Post by mmaverick »

dv posted wrote:
mmaverick posted wrote:

Is it ever? I mean, trailers always promise features and ideas that don't make it in. I can't think of a game in the last decade that is even close at launch to what was in the trailers. (Let alone a few years later after a bunch of patching and rebalancing - doubly so for MMOs.)

CDPR had a lot of credibility going into the launch as THE honest game company, so a lot of people have been disappointed with the bait and switch that came out of this game.

I still think it’s going to be an amazing game, it’s just going to take several months of updates, and a few years of expansions.
This post is not racist.
Warin

Post by Warin »

I only have a few hours into it, but so far it seems exactly the game that was promised. And I have only run into one minor graphical glitch, that being a floating cigarette in the little inset window during a video call. However, I am playing on the Series X, so I suspect I wouldn’t be as happy if I was playing on a base Xbox One.
I'm sorry Dave...
macaddict4life

Re:

Post by macaddict4life »

TOS posted wrote: repeated delays indicate they knew there was a problem, and the disaster of fallout 76 was a warning to the industry about buggy products and the backlash they cause

people are totally fed up with game producers, these cyberpunk guys should have known better

Missed opportunity to call them a bunch of (cyber)punks!
Ernest
Metacell
Title: Chocolate Brahma

Post by Metacell »

I have never played a buggier game than Fallout: New Vegas (which requires multiple unofficial patches just to run without crashing), but it's totally worth the effort and patience with patching because the game is so good.

I think the original complaint about Fallout 76 was that even if completely flawless, it just basically sucked. "Why bother making expensive content, when we can just let the players all go online and pretend? Let them create their own scenarios and dialogue via chat. Sure, that'll work!"
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

Cyberpunk 2077 Legacy (PlayStation 2)

It's in portuguese, but it doesn't matter, it's actually a mod for GTA Vice City
ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

Cyberpunk 2077 has sold more than 13 million copies, despite launch disaster and refunds

Selling 13 million copies makes Cyberpunk 2077 one of the bestselling games of the year, though it still lags far behind the top 50 bestselling games of all time and CD Projekt Red’s last big hit, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which has sold more than 28 million copies across all platforms. Still, few games ever sell more than 10 million copies, and to break into the top 50 of all time you need only sell more than 19 million copies (to beat out NES classic Super Mario Bros. 3).