Microsoft buys Bethesda studios

Online now: Google [Bot], Jonesy, Majestic-12 [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I’m perfectly ok with it. Zenimax has been awful for a few years.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Yup. Surprisingly, most people have taken this news positively. Which really says a lot about Zenimax.
TOS
i think it had to happen ... bethesda built up a multi-year development schedule that required major, steady cash inflows but fallout 76 turned out to be a disaster, and we've heard nothing of starfield in awhile

presumably covid made things a thousand times worse

imagine if bethesda games became xbox exclusives ...
TOS posted:

I mean, Ori and the Blind forest is published by Microsoft and got a Switch port, and the Switch port of the sequel was just released only a few months after the original release. I don't see why they'd go exclusive when there's so much money to be made being cross platform.
dv
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:

I mean, Ori and the Blind forest is published by Microsoft and got a Switch port, and the Switch port of the sequel was just released only a few months after the original release. I don't see why they'd go exclusive when there's so much money to be made being cross platform.

Version exclusives are why so many people end up buying 2-3 consoles from any given generation. Not all at once, mind you, finances being finances, but it's not like they ever lower the prices on the console games, so they get the money eventually.
TOS
microsoft says that current agreements for bethesda ps5 exclusives will be honoured, but after that it will be done on a case-by-case basis, which i guess means they're not ruling anything out

fun fact: the purchase price for bethesda is almost double what disney paid for lucasfilm
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Microsoft buys Bethesda studios