36%
i lack the courage to pick one
29%

Total votes: 14
mmaverick
Title: my steady systematic decline

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by mmaverick »

Warin wrote: Up here, Wal Mart isn’t even doing in store sales of the new consoles, specifically to avoid massive lines and covid spread. We took a call list for around two weeks, which means we won’t have any in store for sale until likely February. The worst part is having that conversation at least 10 times an hour :p

Could you check in the back?
This post is not racist.
TOS

Post by TOS »

so weird to see so much demand for these consoles when they hardly even have a library yet

but i guess this happens with every new release, eh?
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

TOS wrote: so weird to see so much demand for these consoles when they hardly even have a library yet

but... R A Y T R A C I N G ! ! ! ! 4 K ! ! ! 1 2 0 F P S ! ! !
dv

Re:

Post by dv »

TOS wrote: so weird to see so much demand for these consoles when they hardly even have a library yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcVnNwAHys
Warin

Post by Warin »

mmaverick wrote:
Warin wrote: Up here, Wal Mart isn’t even doing in store sales of the new consoles, specifically to avoid massive lines and covid spread. We took a call list for around two weeks, which means we won’t have any in store for sale until likely February. The worst part is having that conversation at least 10 times an hour :p

Could you check in the back?

Lol! I wish. Though, I do have a series x, and I don’t need a PS 5 until Horizon Forbidden West comes out.
I'm sorry Dave...
TOS

Post by TOS »

silly me, i thought consoles would be available once the holidays were over

apparently not
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
Warin

Post by Warin »

We have received very few consoles since launch. A lot less than the number of new consoles in 2013/early 2014. At this rate we won’t be through our lists until sometime in the early summer.

And it is Apple’s fault. :D

Apple takes up about 80% of the fab resources at TSMC. The other 20% is split among everyone else, including AMD, who makes the SoCs for Microsoft and Sony, in addition to their own processors and graphics cards. That has to have an effect on availability.
I'm sorry Dave...
macaddict4life

Post by macaddict4life »

Warin wrote: We have received very few consoles since launch. A lot less than the number of new consoles in 2013/early 2014. At this rate we won’t be through our lists until sometime in the early summer.

Apple takes up about 80% of the fab resources at TSMC. The other 20% is split among everyone else, including AMD, who makes the SoCs for Microsoft and Sony, in addition to their own processors and graphics cards. That has to have an effect on availability.

That must be of fabs that are capable of a specific process. There are too many TSMC fabs for it to be 80% of total capacity, and I've mets lots of TSMC employees here, most of whom worked on things other than chips for Apple. There's a TSMC facility in every decent sized city, and in a lot of smaller cities as well.
Ernest
TOS

Post by TOS »

Warin wrote: We have received very few consoles since launch. A lot less than the number of new consoles in 2013/early 2014. At this rate we won’t be through our lists until sometime in the early summer.

aren't hoarders playing a role too, as with video cards?
Warin

Post by Warin »

To some extent, yes. Scalpers are scum.
I'm sorry Dave...
TOS

Post by TOS »

well, fix it!