opinion urgently required

PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, computer games, iOS, or even board games

which one?

xbox series x
5
36%
ps5
5
36%
i lack the courage to pick one
4
29%
 
Total votes: 14
User avatar
mmaverick
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:45 pm
Title: my steady systematic decline
Location: BC

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by mmaverick »

Warin wrote: Up here, Wal Mart isn’t even doing in store sales of the new consoles, specifically to avoid massive lines and covid spread. We took a call list for around two weeks, which means we won’t have any in store for sale until likely February. The worst part is having that conversation at least 10 times an hour :p


Could you check in the back?
This post is not racist.
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39040
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

so weird to see so much demand for these consoles when they hardly even have a library yet

but i guess this happens with every new release, eh?
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43526
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

TOS wrote: so weird to see so much demand for these consoles when they hardly even have a library yet

but i guess this happens with every new release, eh?


but... R A Y T R A C I N G ! ! ! ! 4 K ! ! ! 1 2 0 F P S ! ! !
User avatar
dv
Posts: 30628
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Re:

Post by dv »

TOS wrote: so weird to see so much demand for these consoles when they hardly even have a library yet

but i guess this happens with every new release, eh?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcVnNwAHys
Image
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7011
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by Warin »

mmaverick wrote:
Warin wrote: Up here, Wal Mart isn’t even doing in store sales of the new consoles, specifically to avoid massive lines and covid spread. We took a call list for around two weeks, which means we won’t have any in store for sale until likely February. The worst part is having that conversation at least 10 times an hour :p


Could you check in the back?


Lol! I wish. Though, I do have a series x, and I don’t need a PS 5 until Horizon Forbidden West comes out.
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39040
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by TOS »

silly me, i thought consoles would be available once the holidays were over

apparently not
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7011
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by Warin »

We have received very few consoles since launch. A lot less than the number of new consoles in 2013/early 2014. At this rate we won’t be through our lists until sometime in the early summer.

And it is Apple’s fault. :D

Apple takes up about 80% of the fab resources at TSMC. The other 20% is split among everyone else, including AMD, who makes the SoCs for Microsoft and Sony, in addition to their own processors and graphics cards. That has to have an effect on availability.
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
macaddict4life
Posts: 4911
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: Tainan City, Taiwan
Contact:

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by macaddict4life »

Warin wrote: We have received very few consoles since launch. A lot less than the number of new consoles in 2013/early 2014. At this rate we won’t be through our lists until sometime in the early summer.

And it is Apple’s fault. :D

Apple takes up about 80% of the fab resources at TSMC. The other 20% is split among everyone else, including AMD, who makes the SoCs for Microsoft and Sony, in addition to their own processors and graphics cards. That has to have an effect on availability.

That must be of fabs that are capable of a specific process. There are too many TSMC fabs for it to be 80% of total capacity, and I've mets lots of TSMC employees here, most of whom worked on things other than chips for Apple. There's a TSMC facility in every decent sized city, and in a lot of smaller cities as well.
Ernest
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39040
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by TOS »

Warin wrote: We have received very few consoles since launch. A lot less than the number of new consoles in 2013/early 2014. At this rate we won’t be through our lists until sometime in the early summer.

And it is Apple’s fault. :D

Apple takes up about 80% of the fab resources at TSMC. The other 20% is split among everyone else, including AMD, who makes the SoCs for Microsoft and Sony, in addition to their own processors and graphics cards. That has to have an effect on availability.


aren't hoarders playing a role too, as with video cards?
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7011
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: opinion urgently required

Post by Warin »

To some extent, yes. Scalpers are scum.
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39040
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

well, fix it!
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
Post Reply