>Observer_

Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I got this as the free game of the week sometime last year, but only got around to playing it recently. It is unique in that I actually felt dirty and unwashed just playing. Seriously, this is a dystopian future that makes Blade Runner look crisp and clean. That said, it shares a few things in common with that film. You play as a heavily augmented cop who has technology that allows you to "jack in" to other people and see their experiences through their eyes. However, it isn't like a video, but rather a memory or even a dream.

Unfortunately, in addition to being a whole tenement building full of disgusting, nasty things, it's also a bit hard to follow at times, and the premise is a bit odd. There are also similar pacing issues as Close to the Sun, in that it feels mildly threatening until it's "game over". While the game does give you a hint that things have changed, it was still a pretty stark difference. All that said, it has been interesting enough that I've decided to finish out the game.

So, if you like the idea of a future where there a single corporation is also the world government, and you want to wallow in virtual filth, detritus, and who the hell knows what else, while questioning the nature of existence and the purity of souls after augmentation, this is the game for you.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

>Observer_