Which Switch Lite?

Online now: Google [Bot], juice, Metacell
My wife has been playing a ton of Animal Crossing, and we’re considering picking up a Switch Lite as a second switch.

Right now I’m leaning yellow, or the special Pokémon edition. I’m not a Pokémon fan at all, but I do like the look, particularly the colored controls and different color on each side. For our regular Switch I bought the red/blue set, added grey and pink/green joycons, and secretly wish the grey would die so I could get a more fun color.

What do you think?
ukimalefu Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt.
If it was for me, gray or turquoise. And I don't care about pokemon, but the one in the bottom looks nice.

Last edited by ukimalefu on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:16 pm.

I bought the yellow one and it is pretty awesome. The Pokemon one looks great, but actually finding one might be difficult, unless you want to pay a premium.
Check if where you'r buying these from have them in stock. The local stores have all been picked over as people move to self-isolate.

That being said, yellow looks lovely.
I've see Yellow and Grey available locally (in kind of the local equivalents to Best Buy and Target locally). The Pokemon edition (light grey with the colored buttons) appears to be available for free, immediate shipping from Carrefour (the Target-equivalent).
TOS
checking amazon, i see that prices vary depending on colour

Those are all other retailers trying to make a profit on them. You should never pay more than 259.99 CDN for a Switch Lite.
TOS
unfortunately it seems to be sold out everywhere

I've had success with this site https://www.nowinstock.net/
So websites are less clear about stock here than they are in the US. What appeared to be plenty of places in stock was, in fact, not. And the electronics store where I thought I found Switch Lite units? It was an empty display box. And the Carrefour where I actually found a Grey one? Gone.

But my coworkers/work friends told me they saw plenty of them in the small Nova by their house. Nova is like an electronics mall that puts a punch of PC parts, general electronics, cell phones, Apple Authorized Resellers, and video games stores all in one place.

We went there and found two places that had them. One had 2 of the Pokemon edition, and the other had 1 Turquoise and 1 Gray. My wife kind of liked the Turquoise in person. However that store had a catch: they were only sold in a bundle for about US$330 that included a case, a screen protector, and 2 games, but the games had to be below a certain price. I've done all of my games as downloads, so I wasn't excited about cartridges, and looking at their games everything worth owning was over the price covered by the promo. Forgot that scummy-ness.

Went to the shop next door with the Pokemon units. They also were supposed to bundle-only, but their bundle was basically system plus a game, with several older games half-off and several newer games about 20% off in the bundle. The manager said if we wanted a game not in the bundle, that would be fine. There was also a free case and screen protector, but the ones that were part of the promo were sold out.

In person, the pink sticks on the right were a much nicer, closer to red pink than pictures seem to indicate, and I really don't like the white controls on the other models, which seem much whiter in person than in pictures. Plus their bundle was an actual discount if you pick a game on the list, instead of a scam, so we went for it.

Ended up getting Link's Awakening in the special edition with an art book, which I haven't opened yet because 1) I need to verify that the Japanese edition will do English, though a quick search suggests it will, and 2) I want to make sure I shouldn't just hold on to the art book edition and sell it in the US, which I would gladly do if it got enough to pick up the game as a download after shipping.
Yori Program
We finally caved :D

Nice! Two Lites?

I am actually way more satisfied with the Lite than I expected, but couldn't give up the TV usage if it were my only Switch.
Yori Program
One for me, one for Jem. :)

We don't need the TV connectivity, so the Switch Lite was ideal.
Good reason.

I rarely used my switch handheld, except when traveling. But now that I’m using the lite while Wendy uses the regular switch connected to the TV, I’m finding I’m happier than expected using it as a portable.
Yori Program
I like the size of the Lite as well. I suspect the standard Switch would be a little bit large for mine and Jem's small hands.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Which Switch Lite?