Animal Crossing

Online now: avkills, Google [Bot]
Got the game a Week ago, now have most things unlocked and Isabelle should show up Monday. Anyone else playing?
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I've bought every Animal Crossing ever and even have the special release 3DS.

I was going to skip this one because it seemed to be more of the same, for better and for worse.

Social isolation changed my mind.
I'm really enjoying the crafting mechanism. I'm still figuring out how much raw resources to hoard, but I got my tree farm set up and my orchard is shaping up nicely. Today I finally figured out that you sell anything you make for exactly double the price of the raw resources (no math or spreadsheets required), so I set up a DIY stump next to Nook's Cranny so I make as much human waste as possible before selling. I'm raking in the dough every day.

and I LOVE that you place your villager's houses for them. I have them corraled into their own district with no worries that they will fiddlesticks up anything when they move in. Town hall opens tomorrow so I can finally move my home within the moat that I needed the pole and ladder to get to, then I'll start setting up my castle.
I'm getting really sick of the bunny days eggs. The spawn rate is waaaaay too high.
"Nintendo game pulled from Chinese platforms after Hong Kong protest".
Quote:
Joshua Wong, a Hong Kong democracy activist, took his protests to the game last week and on Twitter posted a screenshot of his island decorated with a banner saying: “Free Hong Kong, revolution now.”

Nintendo launched console sales in China with tech giant Tencent in December, but players in China can only access multiplayer connections for games such as Animal Crossing via foreign editions available on the grey market via platforms such as Pinduoduo and Taobao.

However, since Joshua Wong’s Twitter post, searches for “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” have showed no results on Pinduoduo. On Alibaba’s Taobao, some vendors are trying to circumvent the crackdown by directing potential buyers towards listings that sell the game without using its title in the description.

Some Animal Crossing players in China have created scenarios that mirror the real world, with temperature check points and avatars wearing face masks.

Joshua Wong has since shared pictures of his island showing portraits of Chinese President Xi Jinping and World Health Organization head Tedros Adhanom at a funeral simulation with a sign saying “Wuhan pneumonia”.

“This is what we do in #AnimalCrossing ... maybe it’s why these people are so anxious to go back to the game!!” he said on Twitter.

It is not clear whether the pulling of the game is a directive from China’s content regulator or a voluntary act by politically sensitive e-commerce platforms.

darn. Animal Crossing is a good time sink
I know someone that has played 13 hours a day, every day, since release.
Warin posted:
I know someone that has played 13 hours a day, every day, since release.

I wonder how their island looks like now?

I'm problably not going to touch it much Sunday as that's D-day for the Bunny Blitzkreig and it'll be nothing but eggs. I haven't even bothered going to the nook miles islands as they're just eggs.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I'd go nuts playing that much! What are they even doing? The depth just isn't there.

Animal Crossing is meant to be a game that evolves over a long period of time - a year or more. You play a little bit every day or two. One could time travel and pack it in super fast I guess, but where's the pleasure in that?
TOS
my kids just discovered they can play couch co-op on it, they’re lost to me now
Video tweet: this guy created a Disney Haunted Mansion.
TOS
that's awesome!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Animal Crossing