What games are good on the Mac these days?

Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
I'm still using a late 2013 iMac with maxed out RAM and a 1GB graphics card, to give you an idea of what my hardware can handle.

Just looking for something casual (or not) so I can click on things or shoot them or drive them around or match three of them or whatever.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
I will always recommend Marathon

https://alephone.lhowon.org/

-

Now, do you care where this games come from? :suspicious:
I wonder if that hardware can handle Assassin's Creed 2. One of the best games I've ever played.

Or Borderlands 2, for just shooting (and some driving).
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
I do have a PS4 right next to my computer, but I'm weird. I want to be able to just play a game on the Mac without going to the trouble of booting up the PS4.
Portal and Portal 2 are always good.

Otherwise i don't do that much PC gaming. If it can run Dolphin I have many Gamecube games I could recommend
Portal is a good recommendation. Assassin's Creed is probably better on PS, as it really benefits from a controller. Borderlands (like all shooters) is better on a computer.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Portal is GREAT
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ALL HALF LIFE GAMES FOR FREE

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/21/2107 ... x-giveaway

For a limited time only, you do NOT get to keep the games, you have 2 months to play them (I think)

GET THEM NOW ON STEAM!

All, Half Life games are great.

So, that's a legal way to play them for free...
I remember them giving portal away for free when you were a mac user when Steam came to OSX
ukimalefu dysfunctional
If you like "tower defense" games, Plants vs zombies is good, and Hordes of Orcs too (two totally different aesthetics, similar gameplay)

I also like angry birds, and The Star Wars series is my favorite of those.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Bioshock (probably can't run the new versions, but the Remix bundle includes all the original versions...I bought it in the last Winter steam sale for around $12.00, includes all 3 Bioshock games).
ukimalefu dysfunctional
oh yeah I love bioshock (only played the first one)
Metacell posted:
Bioshock (probably can't run the new versions, but the Remix bundle includes all the original versions...I bought it in the last Winter steam sale for around $12.00, includes all 3 Bioshock games).

Bioshock has so much replay value for me. It doesn't get old when I go back and play it.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Does EV nova still work?
dv
mmaverick posted:
Does EV nova still work?

Wasn't 64-bit. 10.15 disables it.

Endless Sky is available I think, and is awesome.
gd Hero of Twilight
Betonhaus posted:
Portal and Portal 2 are always good.

Otherwise i don't do that much PC gaming. If it can run Dolphin I have many Gamecube games I could recommend

Does Dolphin support controller use such as the PS3 controller? I'm currently playing OOT with the Citra 3DS emulator using the PS3 controller but I would like to play Four Swords Adventure, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (unless there's a Wii emulator).
Dolphin does Gamecube and Wii Games as the hardware is very similar. It does let you map any controller, and the PS3 controller is common enough to be supported.
gd Hero of Twilight
Betonhaus posted:
Dolphin does Gamecube and Wii Games as the hardware is very similar. It does let you map any controller, and the PS3 controller is common enough to be supported.

Perfect! Now I’m convinced to download it.
Is there a performance penalty in Dolphin when running Gamecube games as opposed to Wii games?
Not that I'm aware of. You can even upscale them to 1080p and maybe higher depending on your hardware and how much you tweak the settings.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What games are good on the Mac these days?