Whispers of a Machine

Online now: DEyncourt, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], maurvir, MSN [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I played through Whispers of a Machine for New Years, after treating myself to a few premium games in the Play Store over the holidays. I had previously played through Kathy Rain, which precedes this one by the same publisher.

To say that I was impressed would be an understatement. It corrects the few things I didn't care for in Kathy Rain with a lot more actual detective work and freedom in how problems are solved. The setting is well done, the writing is solid, and there is a system that reacts to your/Vera's actions by giving you different options. I played through it twice to see more than one ending, though I ended up with an empathetic Vera both times.

This is what 90's era adventure games should have become. The story is well crafted, and I was surprised throughout - though in hindsight, the clues are there. The ONLY thing I didn't care for was the walling off of certain parts of the town with little more than "I don't want to go there". I feel that was a touch lazy, especially after the museum was more appropriately blocked off.

Still, I definitely recommend this one. My first run took about 8-10 hours (on Android), making the price of entry well worth it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Whispers of a Machine