Sigh

Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso
dv
So, ambrosia software's website is finally shut down for realz. (It had been in Zombie mode for a while.)

But this guy is still selling a version of Solitaire compatible with any version of MacOS after System 6.

http://www.casteel.org

And the appleturns guy restored his website and posted "reruns." If you need a nostalgia fix.

The original Angry Birds (purchased from the Apple App Store back in 2011) no longer works with macOS. (It's a 32-bit application.)

Getting old sucks.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ambrosia is dead? that's sad. Apeiron is my favorite version of centipede ever.

I know the macintosh garden has many ambrosia games if you want to play them. They have lots of old games. You may need an emulator.

Angry birds games are cool. My favorite is the star wars one
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
Aw, many happy memories of time lost to Harry the Handsome Executive, various flavors of Escape Velocity, Barrack, Uplink...though they stopped caring long long ago;
like 3-4 years ago I bought new serials for harry and barrack and ferazel's wand (support game devs doncha know,) had to open a ticket to actually get the codes, had to back and forth about ferazel's wand (since it came on a CD) then when they actually sent it was just a bare cd in a media mailer without even a case! and it was cracked in half.

Opened a new support ticket and never heard back. I'm assuming I just got a used disc from the last poor bugger that was working the store back end. I'd get another copy but I've never seen it on ebay ever.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Breaking backward compatibility is always lame. It's something you almost never see in the UNIXverse. I think you can even still run punchcard readers in the newest Linux versions.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sigh