Looking for gaming headphones

Online now: Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Turtle Beach was recommended, as was Astro A10. It's for an almost 12 year old PS4 gamer. I don't want to spend too much, but i would like it to have surround sound. I noticed in the specs for the Astro, it says "Stereo". Would that be the same a surround? These are the ones i was looking at. What do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming-hea ... 89691&th=1
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
First off: Are Surround Gaming Headphones BS?

Anyway, I believe what makes a set of "gamer" headphones are the over the ear muffs (to block out outside noise) and an integrated mic. That, and they have to look "tacticool". You might add unreasonably large bass response for bigger booms (separating them from serious headphones, where you want a flat response curve)
OMG my head is spinning after watching that! LOL. I'm going to have to watch later and then do some money research, and if those aren't in my range, i'' go with what was recommended by coworkers. Thanks!
So, i ended up with lower end, as far as major gaming is concerned. I narrowed it down to 2. Astro A10 and Turtle Beach Stealth 600. The Turtle Beach were a little more than the A10s, and the reviews were very similar, so it came down to better comfort or better sound, and i went with Turtle Beach's better sound. I think they'll be good for an 11 year old.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
An 11 year old should say thanks and be happy with whatever her gets.
ukimalefu posted:
An 11 year old should say thanks and be happy with whatever her gets.

He has no idea i'm getting them. He'll be excited.
I sell both of these headsets in a regular basis. I own a set of the Stealth 600s.

The Stealth 600s are pretty nice. The build quality is nowhere near as good as the Astro’s, but they sound good and work really well. The biggest thing is to do explain how important it is to use two hands to put them on and take them off. A lot of kids will grab one ear cup and pull until the come off. That is a recipe for a broken hinge joint.
Warin: i have a feeling that's why his other ones crapped out. It was actually the first thing that came to mind when i saw them, and of course, as soon as i bought them, 3 people at work said i shoulda gone with the Astros, but that's ok. I'll let his parents know before he opens them that more people recommended the Astros and if he wants to exchange them, he can. I'm thinking they won't, though, because they've never heard of the Astros.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Looking for gaming headphones