Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Sega genesis mini

Post by ukimalefu »

https://www.cnet.com/news/sega-genesis- ... reddit.com

It'll come with 42 games

$80 in the US
Betonhaus

Post by Betonhaus »

Well I'm looking forward to it. Not so much rearranging my TV setup to make room for it though. Already got an Xbox One S, PS3 superslim, Wii U, Gamecube adapter, NES Classic, SNES classic, Playstation classic, and a laptop I'm using as a htpc.
maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

I love how everyone is capitalizing on nostalgia, while apparently forgetting to create anything for the next generation to be nostalgic about.

Still, that is a cool looking little system.
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Post by ukimalefu »

maurvir wrote: I love how everyone is capitalizing on nostalgia, while apparently forgetting to create anything for the next generation to be nostalgic about.

Dude, in 20 years your neural implant will wirelessly connect to the cloud to play fortnite.
Betonhaus

Post by Betonhaus »

Betonhaus

Post by Betonhaus »

maurvir wrote: I love how everyone is capitalizing on nostalgia, while apparently forgetting to create anything for the next generation to be nostalgic about.

The best stories get retold again and again. Chess has been played for a long time. It makes sense for the very best games to outlive the hardware they relied on.

In a hundred years Nintendo will still be around making games for your neural implants, both full immersion ones that put you in Hyrule or the mushroom kingdom or updated ports that let you play a 2d projection of SMB without a controller