PS2 problems

Online now: DEyncourt, Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ok, here's the story.
I have this PS2 that is a few years old. It is the "thick" black one.
and, it's not been used for at least a year, and, I never used it myself, so I don't know what kind of shape it was in before I got it. It is very clean. no dust bunnies in the fan or the grill. Warranty sticker in place.

So, when I was shopping the other day, I found GH3, with a wireless controller, for $50. I thought about that old PS2 in the closet, and I bought it.

Today, I dug it out, found all the wires and hooked it up.
I put the game together, disc in and ...
:brow:

disc read error

Well, I got all Googled-up, and I found this at G4
and a bunch of stuff on You Tube about effecting a repair.
So, I follow the instructions, and guess what ...
:goth:

disc read error

Ok. my console is stick fiddled. I can deal with it.

My question is this:
Do I try to get a replacement PS2? Maybe a used one at Gamestop? (I have no other PS2 games)
OR,
Buy the GH game for the Wii? (We're getting a Wii for christmas), and give the PS2 game as a gift? (I don't know who I would give it too)
OR,
Give the game away, trash the console, forget about GH, and go fap in the basement?

(i hate christmas)
gozer frenchie
either get the wii version or get a new PS2, they could be had for very cheap at any decent game shop and would be returnable in case of a bad drive again.
in b4 lern 2 play a real gitar
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
If you were to get GH: World Tour for the Wii, that's a newer version which adds drums and a mic. Fun stuff. Replacing the PS2 would be less expensive, though.

I'm guessing you already checked the disk itself for scratches and the like, and it wouldn't hurt to test a DVD with it just to see if it's able to read any disks at all.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ah HA! Problem solved!
I took the game back and got my money back, put another $20 with it and got,
GH Aerosmith for Wii!

WooHoo! :D
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
(but, i still hate christmas)
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm planning on hooking up my thick PS2 to my TV again now that I'll be home alone and can rock the house like a hurricane.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
My PS2 has had "disc read error" problems for nearly the entire time that I've owned it.
DukeofNuke wrote:
(but, i still hate christmas)

Speaking of which, the only Everclear song that should ever be stuck on one of these rhythm games should be their B-Side "I Will Be Hating You For Christmas".
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user wrote:
I'm planning on hooking up my thick PS2 to my TV again now that I'll be home alone and can rock the house like a hurricane.

did i miss something?
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
DukeofNuke wrote:
user wrote:

did i miss something?

Yes. See the Members Only thread with "shoe" in the title.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I thought something had happened to his dad.
user Stupid cockwomble
Actually the dad situation might end up being me practically living with the old folks after he gets out of the hospital. I'm hoping he gets his strength back but I'm concerned he might end up spending most of his time in bed.

I'm trying to get him into a rehab center at another hospital.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

PS2 problems