Jackbox over Twitch?

Online now: DEyncourt
Let's say I have Jackbox and a streaming server on my pc. Would anyone be interested if I hosted a Jackbox gaming night?
Oh man, if only time zones were not likely to get in the way, I would soooo be in!
I work weird hours, so maybe?
What time zone are you in?
Mountain time. I work from 2pm to 10:30pm, sometimes later.

You're in Taiwan? That does make it trickier. Probably a weekend thing?
Donkey Butter jerk face
is jackbox a game? (I would do a web search but I'm afraid of what I might find hahahah)
Donkey Butter posted:
is jackbox a game? (I would do a web search but I'm afraid of what I might find hahahah)

yep.

https://jackboxgames.com/

The premise is simple: It's a bunch of party games, but instead of using a controller you use your phone. it works by having the host device (console or PC) be connected to the Jackbox server, then you go to jackbox.tv on your phone (or tablet, or anything ideally touchscreen), enter the code for the game session and add a player name (and avatar, in some games), then use your device to play the game.

This setup means it also works for playing over the internet, and the games let you enable extra long timers to allow for that.

https://jackboxgames.com/how-to-play/
Donkey Butter jerk face
okay sounds interesting, I'm in.
It'll take me a few days to set it up, I work late and have to make sure everything works, and it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. I might be able to shoot for noonish mountain time on Sunday, or noonish Saturday or Sunday of next weekend.
Should we add a TeamSpeak voice chat?
Oh wait Thanksgiving is next weekend. My work Sent a holiday reminder earlier than normal.

I'm going to try to get set up for noonish on Sunday, would that work for anyone? Most of the games need at least three people and ideally more.

I still have to check to make sure my internet won't spaz. It's not slow but it does have unexpected latencies if there's no traffic for a while. Dsl is human waste, but my landlord has the cable internet and there's only one line.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Betonhaus posted:
Oh wait Thanksgiving is next weekend. My work Sent a holiday reminder earlier than normal.

I'm going to try to get set up for noonish on Sunday, would that work for anyone? Most of the games need at least three people and ideally more.

I still have to check to make sure my internet won't spaz. It's not slow but it does have unexpected latencies if there's no traffic for a while. Dsl is human waste, but my landlord has the cable internet and there's only one line.

That puts you in Canada then, Alberta or Northwest Territories.
arkayn posted:
Betonhaus posted:

That puts you in Canada then, Alberta or Northwest Territories.

Or an itty bitty bit of Saskatchewan.
Anyways it seems to work fine with acceptable latency, but life got in the way so I might not be planning any game nights soon.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Jackbox over Twitch?