any upcoming releases got you interested?

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Betonhaus, Google [Bot]
TOS
red dead redemption ii, perhaps? fallout 76?

i just found out the switch is getting civilization vi in november, and apparently it's the full game, not some dumbed-down console version

anyone else?
dv
Battletech is getting an expansion in November:

https://www.pcgamer.com/battletechs-fir ... -november/

Xenonauts 2 is still in development, but I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.xenonauts.com/2018/09/12/xen ... er-update/

Also looking forward to Rimworld 1.0. No firm date on that yet though.
Super Mario Party!
MacAddict4Life posted:
Super Mario Party!

maurvir Outlier
Waiting on Life is Strange 2 myself. The teaser was incredibly good.
Red Dead 2, Fallout 76, and since I finally have a PC that will run it, the new(ish) BattleTech game. On Tuesday, Forza Horizon 4 comes out and that looks amazing.

For next year, I am thinking that Days Gone looks really good.
Sorry not sorry to rain on your parade but both those games are overhyped human waste piles preying on the nostalgic expectations of past franchise success.

As far as red dead goes I'm not gonna pretend most of you are probably interested because of how impressive the first game was. But that game came out under different leadership and when corporate gaming greed was miniscule compared to how out of control it is today. Take 2 Interactive is all that should need to be said to abscond any and all hope. They made record TENS of billions of dollars off of gaming is service model from just that of GTA. I'd bet the farm on it that rdr2 will not be the quality single player story driven experience sequel everyone is over hyped for but another "game as a service experience".

Also 76 is an MMO version of Fallout, go play Elder Scrolls Online and see how that is not the equivalent of an Oblivion or Skyrim. If you are a WoW player than yeah, you'll probably like 76 otherwise go home. Not to mention 4 was downright horrible until a couple years later when the modding community made it worthwhile, not that you can count on that since 76 is once again a MMO and as such won't allow the option of mega customization via mods.

As far as to what I'm waiting for goes on the PC.
    Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
    CyberPunk
    Artifact
    MechWarrior 5 (if it was PGI-asized like MWO, pass)

I am eagerly awaiting for the 3DS
    Luigi's Mansion
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'S Journey
    Shakedown: Hawaii

arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Aaron_R posted:
Not to mention 4 was downright horrible until a couple years later when the modding community made it worthwhile

I still cannot bring myself to play FO4, even with mods. The storyline was just abysmal and the endings were all the same.
Aaron_R posted:
As far as red dead goes I'm not gonna pretend most of you are probably interested because of how impressive the first game was. But that game came out under different leadership and when corporate gaming greed was miniscule compared to how out of control it is today. Take 2 Interactive is all that should need to be said to abscond any and all hope. They made record TENS of billions of dollars off of gaming is service model from just that of GTA. I'd bet the farm on it that rdr2 will not be the quality single player story driven experience sequel everyone is over hyped for but another "game as a service experience.”

I am pretty sure you are 100% wrong with this assessment. The story sounds pretty solid, and pretty much all of the trailers are focussing on the single player. Rockstar, under any management, is acutely aware that solid single player experiences can easily make serious money. GTAV made over a billion dollars in its first week and still sells well more than five years after its release.

RDR is the best game Rockstar has ever made. I have no doubt that 2 will live up to it in terms of storytelling, and to date I have seen nothing to indicate that I am wrong.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I'm looking forward to RDR2, but I'm not going to pre-order it, or buy it right away. Let someone else play it, get tired of it, and bring it to the video game store, where I can get it a few months later and for a lot less money.
TOS
arkayn posted:
Aaron_R posted:
Not to mention 4 was downright horrible until a couple years later when the modding community made it worthwhile

I still cannot bring myself to play FO4, even with mods. The storyline was just abysmal and the endings were all the same.

i played it just because fallout, but i agree it was an incredibly weak outing

not only was the main story lousy (and dumb), the side quests and radiant encounters were pathetic

i don't know why fps games exert so much gravity in the industry; every rpg seems to end up becoming mindless bang-bang
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Call of Cthulhu...if they get it right.
TOS
maurvir Outlier
TOS
so i bought rdr2 today ... it's a frigging massive install
user Stupid cockwomble
somebody told me it can be played in 1st person
TOS
jesus christ, installing this thing is a bug-ridden nightmare

it says it's installed 100% but won't get out of the queue, won't launch, won't finish installing, won't do anything ... unplugging restarting, swapping discs, nothing's working

piece of human waste

Last edited by TOS on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:45 pm.

Which is why the only games I'll ever preorder or get at launch are Nintendo first party games. They don't hold much truck with the "patch it later" mentality that so many developers have.
TOS
aha, got it ... eight freaking hours and now it's running, turns out the optical drive is a bit flaky

can't blame microsoft, i mean after all it's new, untested technology

anyway holy human waste this game is mind-bogglingly cinematic, just phenomenal

the opening is in the mountains, in a snowstorm -- it's like skyrim times a million
dv
TOS posted:
aha, got it ... eight freaking hours and now it's running, turns out the optical drive is a bit flaky

can't blame microsoft, i mean after all it's new, untested technology

anyway holy human waste this game is mind-bogglingly cinematic, just phenomenal

the opening is in the mountains, in a snowstorm -- it's like skyrim times a million

Oh, you didn't just download it?
My install went flawlessly. I haven’t played much. I did play two hour lesson of Dallout 76 today.
TOS
Warin posted:
My install went flawlessly. I haven’t played much. I did play two hour lesson of Dallout 76 today.

how is it? i've heard that single play is pretty much impossible
I didn’t team up with a single person and progressed nicely. There are some world events that apparently need you to team up with others, but in my 4 hours of playtime I didn’t run across anything that needed me to team up. I also didn’t run into any game breaking bugs. The worst bugs were some rubber banding of enemies, which I chalk up to network issues.
TOS
i hit the wrong button last night and accidentally punched my horse in the face

it ran away, leaving me in a cloud of crushing guilt
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS posted:

Whenever my horse in Zelda gets caught in the middle of combat I feel terrible for it!
TOS posted:

I accidentally punched mine in the hind quarters. It kicked me and ran away. :lol:

And this game is a freaking masterpiece.

There are some criticisms of it, but I find the people making them come off as whiny and self entitled, their arguments boiling down to “Rockstar made a Rockstar game and not the game I wanted them to make!”

It’s sitting at a 97 Metascore, though. All reviews are positive save one mixed review.
user posted:

I showed my boss the clip I recorded of hitting my horse and said “It is my Blazing Saddles moment!
TOS
Warin posted:
TOS posted:

I accidentally punched mine in the hind quarters. It kicked me and ran away. :lol:

And this game is a freaking masterpiece.

There are some criticisms of it, but I find the people making them come off as whiny and self entitled, their arguments boiling down to “Rockstar made a Rockstar game and not the game I wanted them to make!”

It’s sitting at a 97 Metascore, though. All reviews are positive save one mixed review.

i'm kind of overwhelmed by the how much they included in this game

i was exploring last night and my daughter say my horse take a huge human waste ... she laughed her head off for a half hour straight
TOS
"Was this the biggest mistake in the history of the music business?"

I just thought readers of this thread might be interested in the answer.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
DEyncourt posted:
"Was this the biggest mistake in the history of the music business?"

I just thought readers of this thread might be interested in the answer.

Before clicking the link my guess is Decca records not signing The Beatles.

*EDIT*

huh, I did not expect that

Didn't really carefully read it all, but I just want to say that sometimes I "played" GTA San Andreas (the only one I ever played) just to drive around and listen to the radio (it had many cool songs I didn't have in any other way)
TOS
i had no idea rdr2 had such a monster opening, holy crap
TOS
maurvir Outlier
TOS posted:
obsidian's new offering

what think you?

*want* :crazed:
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
TOS posted:
obsidian's new offering

what think you?

Combination of Fallout and Borderlands.
user Stupid cockwomble
stick fiddling SOLD
Yeah, it looks bloody amazing!
So that is the game they went seeking publishing partners for & it impressed Microsoft so much they just up and purchased the studio. Must be amazing human waste.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Aaron_R posted:
So that is the game they went seeking publishing partners for & it impressed Microsoft so much they just up and purchased the studio. Must be amazing human waste.

Looks like it, but M$ is not the publisher for the game, as they already had one before they were purchased.

Quote:
Microsoft has agreed to honor Obsidian’s original contract with Private Division.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

any upcoming releases got you interested?

Page: 1, 2