Playstation Classic Whoop Whoop

Online now: Google [Bot]
https://www.destructoid.com/unlike-nint ... 3452.phtml

Now another console to wire into the rats nest of cables and splitters under my TV! :D
ukimalefu Wasn't me
needs a gran turismo game

needs a tony hawk game

needs a tomb raider game

needs a resident evil game
It just might. They haven't announced all the games. Just a matter of getting the license holders to play ball, which might be iffy. Hopefully it's like the NES Classic and is hackable.
TOS
or you could, you know, go and buy a ps1 and whatever games you want

crazy i know
TOS posted:

crazy i know

And not really as good as this will be. The OG PlayStation was designed for 4:3 crt televisions of the time. This will be designed with HDMI, and likely some sort of “pixel perfect” mode like the NES Classic. So there won’t be a need to dig out an old tv or use adapters to hook it to a modern set.

Also, buying a working psone and finding the 20 games in good condition will be a lot more expensive than this bad boy. I am usually the first to gripe at the BS that Sony pulls most of the time, but this looks fantastic. I will likely preorder one.
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
It's pre-Dualshock though, so right off the bat they're limiting the catalog to probably mostly 2D stuff or games that don't really benefit from analog sticks. FF7 excepting, but it's less necessary there. Of course they haven't revealed the whole lineup, and I seem to remember seeing something about adding more games to it without hacking.

I dunno, most of the PSX games I wanted are either on PS3 or I still have the discs which again will play in a PS3 without fuss. But of course not everyone has that option.
I'm just thinking that if this is a hit they might make a ps2 classic which would be fuckin' epic
TOS
Warin posted:
TOS posted:

crazy i know

And not really as good as this will be. The OG PlayStation was designed for 4:3 crt televisions of the time. This will be designed with HDMI, and likely some sort of “pixel perfect” mode like the NES Classic. So there won’t be a need to dig out an old tv or use adapters to hook it to a modern set.

Also, buying a working psone and finding the 20 games in good condition will be a lot more expensive than this bad boy. I am usually the first to gripe at the BS that Sony pulls most of the time, but this looks fantastic. I will likely preorder one.

as i type this my daughter is playing mario galaxy on our wii, connected by av cables to our big flatscreen, and it's fullscreen, smooth and no problem ... i also recently started playing resident evil 4, also on the wii, and it's just fine

i don't imagine the playstation would be worse than a wii
I've been trying to preorder one but the Walmart site keeps crashing. I wasn't prepared to sink $130 yet anyways.
The PlayStation came out in 1994. When he Wii came out in 2005. In terms of connectivity, there was world of difference. The Wii is capable of component video, a significant quality increase over the Composite or S Video connectors of the PlayStation.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/180 ... ident-evil

no tony hawk

no tomb raider

no crash bandicoot

no gran turismo
:squint:

It better be hackable
I doubt it will be. PlayStation CD games are an order of magnitude larger than cartridge based games of the era. I doubt there will be a lot of internal storage to add more games to.

It still looks good to me.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu posted:

The funny thing is that if the NES classic was like a wooden barn with a door that has no lock, the PS Classic was like a high security fortress that has the passcode written down underneath the mat.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Playstation Classic Whoop Whoop