NXE Update

Online now: Google [Bot]
I just updated yesterday and downloaded the updates (already? Its only been out 3 days!). So far, so good. Nice smooth interface, and I really like the Avatars. Anyone else got anything to say about the NXE?
Conner Of Gallifrey
NETFLIX!

Also, the game installs are nice - Installed Mass Effect, and the load times are manageable now. Made the second play through I'm on a blast.
I never knew the netflix on-demand was so limited. I'll be canceling.

Graphical representations instead of a breakdown of where the XBox is in the process of troubleshooting an internet connection is stupid, too.
its great for documentaries, history channel stuff, etc, episodes of some shows. I've honestly, with all the use of the instant features, never watched a movie on it, just stuff I wouldnt want to waste 3-4 days getting and sending back a dvd of.
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. There's some civil war content I saw that I'd be interested in seeing, but usually my television watching is limited to 20mins at a time, anyway. Since I just don't sit and watch TV unless I'm eating.

I better start liking the NXE update. Sold all my PlayStation stuff save for my console itself.
discovery channel modern marvels: stealth and penn & teller's blatherskite, stand up comics stuff like the comedians of comedy are good choices.
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
While it's true that the Netflix on-demand is limited, I heard that it's further limited on the XBox. Movies by Columbia Pictures, owned by Sony, are not available for streaming on the XBox but are available for streaming on other platforms. Interestingly, movies from other Sony-owned studios don't have this restriction.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I love the way you parrot back information you clearly have no idea about.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Yeah the Columbia licensing issue is a bummer. I hope the problem gets sorted out soon.
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
Conner wrote:

That's true. I don't have a 360 or anything else capable of Netflix on-demand (no Intel Mac, no Windows PC, no Roku box). However, I keep up-to-date on tech news (Buzz Out Loud & Tekzilla in this case) on a daily basis and posted that in case there were 360 owners here who hadn't noticed it yet. For all I know, it may not be presented in an obvious way in the NXE.

I'm sorry, are you implying that I need to spend money on one of those devices before I can get your oh-so-important permission to post information I think others may find helpful? :roll:
http://gizmodo.com/5099048/most-sony-mo ... ng-service
Quote:
Most Sony Movies Back On Xbox's Netflix Streaming Service

With nary an explanation, most of the Sony-owned movies that were mysteriously pulled from Xbox's Netflix Watch Instantly streaming service last week have been put back up again. Ghostbusters, the Karate Kid series and other Columbia Pictures luminaries can now be downloaded for watching. However, anything tagged with an “available through Starz Play” logo, such as Walk Hard or Bad Boys, are still absentia.

Conner Of Gallifrey
Macskeeball wrote:
Conner wrote:

That's true. I don't have a 360 or anything else capable of Netflix on-demand (no Intel Mac, no Windows PC, no Roku box). However, I keep up-to-date on tech news (Buzz Out Loud & Tekzilla in this case) on a daily basis and posted that in case there were 360 owners here who hadn't noticed it yet. For all I know, it may not be presented in an obvious way in the NXE.

I'm sorry, are you implying that I need to spend money on one of those devices before I can get your oh-so-important permission to post information I think others may find helpful? :roll:

The reason it was funny was, as Uki posted, you were already wrong. Whoops!
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
The Gizmodo article uki linked to was published three days after my post (and a Google News search shows no similar stories from any source before the 25th, 2 days after my post), but still that's good news that it got resolved.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Note to Macskeeball - Stay the fiddlesticks out of our threads.
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
Conner, I'll not speak to you in that way, because just like you I don't have the authority to tell anyone here where they can or cannot post. And really, you and any other person deserve to be treated with more respect than that. I've failed to do that many times (such as my recent PM to Random User), but after some thinking Wednesday night I realized it's something we could all (myself included) stand some improvement on.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Macskeeball wrote:
Conner, I'll not speak to you in that way, because just like you I don't have the authority to tell anyone here where they can or cannot post. And really, you and any other person deserve to be treated with more respect than that. I've failed to do that many times (such as my recent PM to Random User), but after some thinking Wednesday night I realized it's something we could all (myself included) stand some improvement on.

The rock in the corner has more authority then you.
NOBODY PUTS DWAYNE JOHNSON IN DA CORNER
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
My problem with the netflix is that it constantly streams at the lowest quality level, despite my connection. Makes it pretty worthless. We don't have the problem using a PC.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
How do you mean?
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
I think he means port forwarding. I know that with Skype, for example, setting up port forwarding on the router can greatly improve the audio quality and with BitTorrent, it can greatly improve the download speed. Those are both P2P technologies though, so I'm not sure if that applies to Netflix streaming or not.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Blizzard's Auto Update for WoW is very port sensitive. I got human waste speeds on that until I built custom rules on my router/firewall and I have custom rules for the 360. I've got a 3/6mb DSL and always DL at high quality.

Hardware List of stuff that works and doesn't work. Just change the drop down.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

NXE Update