so whatcha playin'?

iOS, PSVR, XBone, Nintendo Switch, computer games, or even board games
User avatar
Donkey Butter
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:15 am
Title: jerk face
Location: over yonder

Post by Donkey Butter »

Playing THPS 1+2 Demo in preparation of the game release on Friday.
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

my son is playing the ghostbusters game remastered for the switch

i had no idea the original cast did the voice for it, gotta say it's a pretty neat game
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

diablo games remastered on the switch, playing with the kiddies

they're actually pretty neat, i see what all the fuss was about with those games
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Metacell
Posts: 11003
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am
Title: Chocolate Brahma
Location: Lidsville
Contact:

Re:

Post by Metacell »

TOS posted wrote: diablo games remastered on the switch, playing with the kiddies

they're actually pretty neat, i see what all the fuss was about with those games

I loved all three (although I hate Battlenet even more than Steam)...#4 coming soon.
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7008
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Warin »

Diablo 3 is great. I know that I will get hell for this opinion, but I prefer D3s current iteration to Diablo 2.

I have started playing the Avengers on my One X. It is pretty fun, even if it should be called “The Avengers (Stunt Doubles Edition)”
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
Metacell
Posts: 11003
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am
Title: Chocolate Brahma
Location: Lidsville
Contact:

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Metacell »

Warin posted wrote: Diablo 3 is great. I know that I will get hell for this opinion, but I prefer D3s current iteration to Diablo 2.

Diablo 3 is way better now, but Diablo II is 20 years old!
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by TOS »

Warin posted wrote: Diablo 3 is great. I know that I will get hell for this opinion, but I prefer D3s current iteration to Diablo 2.

I have started playing the Avengers on my One X. It is pretty fun, even if it should be called “The Avengers (Stunt Doubles Edition)”


yeah, we're really enjoying 3 in a huge way
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Yori
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Title: Program
Location: The other side of the screen

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Yori »

Hollow Knight (Switch)
User avatar
Yori
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Title: Program
Location: The other side of the screen

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Yori »

Ōkami HD (Switch)
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

to my surprise the wife said she wanted to play call of duty wwii, so i just installed it on my xbox one ... haven't played it yet tho
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Lombo
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 pm
Title: Opiofiend

Post by Lombo »

Beyond a steel sky (iOS). I think it’s a sequel of the game uki last posted. Oceanhorn 2 (iOS), a Zelda knock-off. The graphics on the iPhone 11 Pro Max are outstanding. 60FPS, anti-aliasing and very high-res. Fun game. Skate (iOS). BTW the Pro Max is the phone to get for games, the combination of the screen + battery life is amazing.
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43431
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

Lombo posted wrote: Beyond a steel sky (iOS). I think it’s a sequel of the game uki last posted. ...


There's a sequel? damn, I bet it isn't available for the mac, or free like the first one was. I haven't finished it yet, but it's great.

Lately I've been mostly playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
User avatar
Lombo
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 pm
Title: Opiofiend

Post by Lombo »

BASS is available on Apple Arcade for iOS.
User avatar
Yori
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Title: Program
Location: The other side of the screen

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Yori »

Nexomon Extinction (Switch)
User avatar
macaddict4life
Posts: 4910
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: Tainan City, Taiwan
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by macaddict4life »

ukimalefu posted wrote:
Lombo posted wrote: Beyond a steel sky (iOS). I think it’s a sequel of the game uki last posted. ...


There's a sequel? damn, I bet it isn't available for the mac, or free like the first one was. I haven't finished it yet, but it's great.

Lately I've been mostly playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

The second one is on macOS, but is a part of Apple Arcade (same as on iOS).
Ernest
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7008
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Warin »

I love survival games. I decided to give Rust another try. And, just like it was when I tried it a couple of years back, people just randomly murder you and loot your dead body for no reason at all, other than to grief you. Last night a guy in a car, with a machine gun, murdered me just to take my food. Which I suspect he produces in quantity at his base already. I think I might be able to play for one more evening and if it keeps up it will get uninstalled, again.

I wish it was like Ark and let me play solo with a password so no one else could join my self contained server.
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
Metacell
Posts: 11003
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am
Title: Chocolate Brahma
Location: Lidsville
Contact:

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Metacell »

Warin posted wrote: I love survival games. I decided to give Rust another try. And, just like it was when I tried it a couple of years back, people just randomly murder you and loot your dead body for no reason at all, other than to grief you. Last night a guy in a car, with a machine gun, murdered me just to take my food. Which I suspect he produces in quantity at his base already. I think I might be able to play for one more evening and if it keeps up it will get uninstalled, again.

I wish it was like Ark and let me play solo with a password so no one else could join my self contained server.

Yeah, I don't like any online games at all for these reasons, except for FPSes.
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43431
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

macaddict4life posted wrote:
ukimalefu posted wrote:
Lombo posted wrote: Beyond a steel sky (iOS). I think it’s a sequel of the game uki last posted. ...


There's a sequel? damn, I bet it isn't available for the mac, or free like the first one was. I haven't finished it yet, but it's great.

Lately I've been mostly playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

The second one is on macOS, but is a part of Apple Arcade (same as on iOS).


Went to the mac app store and saw it said "get", that means free!

But it requires OS X 10.15, and I have 10.14 :(

I tried upgrading to 10.15 soon after I got this mac, it killed a lot of apps and this whole Mac became too slow, unusable. had to reformat and reinstall 10.14. Not trying that again on this mac.
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

oh dear, the kids have discovered among us

Image
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43431
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by ukimalefu »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

aaaaaaand i've deleted among us thanks to some unpleasant online interactions

i've banned all online games from day one, and this experience has pretty much confirmed my assumptions about it

in just one day they had people variously trying to be friends with the kids, and hurling vicious insults at them

so ... yeah
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
juice
Posts: 11868
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 am
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

People suck. We're not exactly breaking news here.
User avatar
dv
Posts: 30617
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Re:

Post by dv »

TOS posted wrote: aaaaaaand i've deleted among us thanks to some unpleasant online interactions

i've banned all online games from day one, and this experience has pretty much confirmed my assumptions about it

in just one day they had people variously trying to be friends with the kids, and hurling vicious insults at them

so ... yeah


Online stuff is best done with your meatlife friends.
Image
User avatar
dv
Posts: 30617
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by dv »

Been playing through a couple pokemon games again. Just missing a few Gen VII from my Pokemon Home 'Dex.
Image
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

it's that time of year when i reinstall skyrim ...it's my go-to christmas/winter game

though i am finally getting tired of it, i must admit
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
arkayn
Posts: 6684
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 pm
Title: Aaarrrggghhhh
Location: Gulf Coast
Contact:

Re:

Post by arkayn »

TOS posted wrote: it's that time of year when i reinstall skyrim ...it's my go-to christmas/winter game

though i am finally getting tired of it, i must admit


I'm not, the advantage of adding mods to the game makes for longer gameplay.

I am closing in on 7000 hours played between LE and SSE.
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

so i created an account for my daughter, who expressed interest in playing ... with both my kids playing, it's now an official family tradition!
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7008
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Warin »

Have you used Skyrim mods on your Xbox, TOS?
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by TOS »

Warin posted wrote: Have you used Skyrim mods on your Xbox, TOS?


i have in the past, yeah, but i don't like the stability issues that frequently ensue
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

my kids have started playing this game

it's hilarious but also very pretty
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
macaddict4life
Posts: 4910
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: Tainan City, Taiwan
Contact:

Re:

Post by macaddict4life »

TOS posted wrote: my kids have started playing this game

it's hilarious but also very pretty

It's spectacular!
Ernest
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

got them skyrim for the switch for today's advent calendar, they frigging love it
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

now the kids are playing undertale... it’s so insanely retro it boggles the mind
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43431
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by ukimalefu »

The first message I got was something like "this mac isn't supported, there will be graphical glitches..."

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

...and I barely got out of the stasis room into the next one and saved the game, but it seems to work fine :D
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

oooooh i had to quit that game, too damn scary
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43431
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by ukimalefu »

Also started this cyberpunk old school/pixel art point and click adventure game

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Warin
Posts: 7008
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Warin »

Alien Isolation on the Xbox One with the Kinect was so cool. The alien listened through the sensor, so if you made noise, it would hear you.
I'm sorry Dave...
User avatar
Metacell
Posts: 11003
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am
Title: Chocolate Brahma
Location: Lidsville
Contact:

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by Metacell »

Warin posted wrote: Alien Isolation on the Xbox One with the Kinect was so cool. The alien listened through the sensor, so if you made noise, it would hear you.

No, no, no. That is not cool at all.
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43431
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

TOS posted wrote: oooooh i had to quit that game, too damn scary


you were not kidding :paranoid:
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 38996
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: so whatcha playin'?

Post by TOS »

Metacell posted wrote:
Warin posted wrote: Alien Isolation on the Xbox One with the Kinect was so cool. The alien listened through the sensor, so if you made noise, it would hear you.

No, no, no. That is not cool at all.


SERIOUSLY
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
Post Reply