so whatcha playin'?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Online now: Google [Bot]
TOS
Metacell posted:
Got into the Witcher 3, now playing the first 2. All works of art.

Alien Isolation...definitely worth it just for the set recreations, but I'm only in the buildup phase. AVP2 was the only game I just couldn't ******* play because it was too damn scary...so when a more realistic game leaves me alone on a broken down space station weaponless with a xenomorph, I may have problems.

i had to stop playing isolation because it was just too damn scary and stressful
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS posted:
Metacell posted:

Alien Isolation...definitely worth it just for the set recreations, but I'm only in the buildup phase. AVP2 was the only game I just couldn't ******* play because it was too damn scary...so when a more realistic game leaves me alone on a broken down space station weaponless with a xenomorph, I may have problems.

i had to stop playing isolation because it was just too damn scary and stressful

I stopped playing Alan Wake for the same reason. I never even got out of the flippin' woods. :(
TOS
maurvir posted:
TOS posted:
Metacell posted:

I stopped playing Alan Wake for the same reason. I never even got out of the flippin' woods. :(

ooohhhh that was such a good game!

so you didn't even play long enough for the outdoor boomer rock concert?? bummer!
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Doom ETERNAL!!!!

Yeah, you can play it on a 2GB Radeon Pro 450 Mac Pro, but it ain't easy. You have to upgrade your drivers at https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/. Do not even attempt this if you don't know how to handle Safe Mode in Win10 or diagnostic startup if something goes wrong. However, the game plays flawlessly (at the lowest settings).

Bought it along with a bunch of other cool crap for less than half-price, including the new Jedi whatever game, at the Steam Summer Sale. Damn, I am a sucker. (well, not really, I don't think I've bought a new game at full price since Unreal Tournament III).
ukimalefu Canadized
Call of Duty 4
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Finished Red Dead Redemption 2 last night. It is the absolute best game I've ever played. I was literally brought to tears at times. Such great writing and voice acting.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I want to play that!
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
Finished Red Dead Redemption 2 last night. It is the absolute best game I've ever played. I was literally brought to tears at times. Such great writing and voice acting.

see, i just couldn't get into it the way i could the previous game ... i really wanted to, but i just couldn't

maybe i should fire it up again and give 'er another try
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

see, i just couldn't get into it the way i could the previous game ... i really wanted to, but i just couldn't

I was exactly the same. I started it and was like, "Wait, I have to shave, and eat? I want a game, not a life simulator." Left it sit for weeks until boredom got the best of me. It really is an incredible game with a great story.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

I was exactly the same. I started it and was like, "Wait, I have to shave, and eat? I want a game, not a life simulator." Left it sit for weeks until boredom got the best of me. It really is an incredible game with a great story.

interesting, maybe i'll give it another shot ... i think i made it around a quarter of the way through the main story

i think i gave it up when i came across the dinosaur bone sidequest, i was like "you gotta be fuckin kidding me"
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

interesting, maybe i'll give it another shot ... i think i made it around a quarter of the way through the main story

i think i gave it up when i came across the dinosaur bone sidequest, i was like "you gotta be fuckin kidding me"

The sidequests are completely optional. I found the woman you're talking about, and I never found a single dinosaur bone. Never mattered. That's just Rockstar adding depth to the game. I mean, there's a couple of UFOs, too, but they have nothing to do with the story.

Again, I was literally brought to tears at one point. Maybe even two, and that has never happened to me from playing a video game.

Give it a shot, if you like an immersive game, this one is great.

Oh, and get yourself a fast horse.
ukimalefu Canadized
ukimalefu posted:
Call of Duty 4

I've played a few times, and this time I played on the easiest difficulty (I usually try 'normal'), but I don't remember it being so short. But I still think it's a fun cool game.

-
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I'm still playing BGEE and BG2EE on my tablet. I have a party in each, but now with heavily modded games.

Unfortunately, my BG2 party got a bit overpowered, so I am playing with the difficulty slider.
ukimalefu Canadized
And now I moved on to:

Damn T-Rex is hard
I picked up an Oculus Quest, so I have been playing lots of Beatsaber. I ordered a long USB 3 cable from Amazon on Saturday and it arrived today, so tonight I am going to use Oculus Link and see how it works as a PC HMD.
gd Hero of Twilight
I'm playing The Outerworlds on the switch. It feels like fallout in space.
maurvir posted:
I'm still playing BGEE and BG2EE on my tablet. I have a party in each, but now with heavily modded games.

Unfortunately, my BG2 party got a bit overpowered, so I am playing with the difficulty slider.

I have always wanted to play those games in multi-player, but have never found anyone else who did. :(
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

so whatcha playin'?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4