so whatcha playin'?

Page: 1, 2, 3
Online now: Bing (sucks), juice
TOS posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
TOS posted:
just installed gtav on my one ... holy crap i'd forgotten what an amazing game that is

the constant satire is just so wonderful (those radio ads!)

Is it really that good? Is it as non-linear as earlier versions? I tried an older one (I can't remember if it was 3 or 4) and I just couldn't get into it, particularly with how directionless it felt.

sort of like fallout, there's a storyline but you don't necessarily have to follow it -- however it's a great story very worth following

Is it always obvious where to go next if you want to continue the story?
user Stupid cockwomble
Far too much Conan Exiles. I am a sucker for survival games and this one has it all. Great graphics, great setting, fun gameplay, floppy boobies, floppy dongs (well, if you are playing on a non NA client and server. For some reason we aren’t allowed to see the dong, just the boobies.)

Last edited by Warin on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:29 am.

TOS
MacAddict4Life posted:
TOS posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
TOS posted:
just installed gtav on my one ... holy crap i'd forgotten what an amazing game that is

the constant satire is just so wonderful (those radio ads!)

Is it really that good? Is it as non-linear as earlier versions? I tried an older one (I can't remember if it was 3 or 4) and I just couldn't get into it, particularly with how directionless it felt.

sort of like fallout, there's a storyline but you don't necessarily have to follow it -- however it's a great story very worth following

Is it always obvious where to go next if you want to continue the story?

sure, there's a map with markers and you just click to create a route to it
TOS
rime, on the switch

basically a modern version of myst

really pretty, beautiful music, love it ... son and i totally addicted
dv
Kerbal Space Program is still awesome.
TOS
just finished rime

frigging punch in the gut ... an unexpectedly emotional ending
sean Royal Wombat
dv posted:
Kerbal Space Program is still awesome.

Yes. Yes, it is.
TOS
so i saw resident evil 4 was available for the one, saw it on amazon at a great price

holyyyyy human waste did they screw this up! the controls are just unbelievably, apocalyptically bad

it's basically unplayable

total piece of crap

(should have gotten it for the wii instead)
I am playing PUBG; but pretty much suck at it. It is hard in my opinion; you can't operate in the normal FPS mode otherwise you will get cut down. There may be a number of people cheating; and they are working on curbing that.

Also playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider; graphics are kick ass and some of the new game mechanics work pretty good. I wonder what a FP Tomb Raider would play like. The engine can do it.
Warin posted:
Far too much Conan Exiles. I am a sucker for survival games and this one has it all. Great graphics, great setting, fun gameplay, floppy boobies, floppy dongs (well, if you are playing on a non NA client and server. For some reason we aren’t allowed to see the dong, just the boobies.)

fiddlesticks this game. I had nearly 100 hours into building a base, and because I didn’t log in for 5 days, it decayed. Which means I would have to spend another 30-40 hours just to get back to where I was. So, it is now uninstalled.
dv
Warin posted:
Warin posted:

fiddlesticks this game. I had nearly 100 hours into building a base, and because I didn’t log in for 5 days, it decayed. Which means I would have to spend another 30-40 hours just to get back to where I was. So, it is now uninstalled.

Haha you casual. How dare you have a life and a job.
dv posted:

:lol: :goth:

I get that just leaving stuff in place is a bad idea for a game where loads of people play on the same server. But five days is just ridiculous. The thing is, I wont buy anything from the same publisher in the future.
dv
Warin posted:
dv posted:

:lol: :goth:

I get that just leaving stuff in place is a bad idea for a game where loads of people play on the same server. But five days is just ridiculous. The thing is, I wont buy anything from the same publisher in the future.

If you like designing bases, try Rimworld.
TOS
got civ vi on the switch for christmas

haven't had a machine with enough horsepower to play it in many years and i'm really enjoying it

my wife, after i spent several hours playing it, grunting in response all questions and comments tossed in my direction: "i made a huge mistake getting you that, didn't i?"
I got a spiffy Spider-Man PS4 pro, and I am currently playing DragonQuest Builders. Spider-Man is good as well, but...
TOS posted:

haven't had a machine with enough horsepower to play it in many years and i'm really enjoying it

my wife, after i spent several hours playing it, grunting in response all questions and comments tossed in my direction: "i made a huge mistake getting you that, didn't i?"

How are the controls on the Switch? Are you playing on the TV or on the console screen?

I have it on both my computer and on iOS. The iPad version might actually be my favorite, but as Switch/Phone size it seems too small, and a controller-based interface seems weird for a Civ game.
TOS
MacAddict4Life posted:
TOS posted:

How are the controls on the Switch? Are you playing on the TV or on the console screen?

I have it on both my computer and on iOS. The iPad version might actually be my favorite, but as Switch/Phone size it seems too small, and a controller-based interface seems weird for a Civ game.

i've played it on both, seems fine

i'm still getting used to the controls but there's always the touch screen
Right now I'm playing Super mario party. so much fun
dv
Still playing Battletech.
TOS
Betonhaus posted:
Right now I'm playing Super mario party. so much fun

got that for my daughter, loads of fun

also: got a retropie setup with lots of joysticks from a secret santa, and the kids are loving that ... their fave, amazingly, is gauntlet 2

to them, it's not retrogaming, it's just gaming
Thief shot the food!

I love the Gaubtlet games. OG 4 player coop!
TOS
totally fun all three of us playing together!

turns out with unlimited "quarters" you don't need to worry about food, treasure or thieves

death does still scare tho
Yeah. There were never enough quarters back then :)

I am now playing Let’s Go Pikachu and Diablo 3 on the switch.
TOS
i tried to explain the concept of video arcades to my son, but he couldn't quite grasp it ... the idea of shoving quarters into a machine to play a video game just makes no sense to him

then again the same can be said for tv channels and having to wait for shows to air rather than just streaming whatever you want
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS posted:
i tried to explain the concept of video arcades to my son, but he couldn't quite grasp it ... the idea of shoving quarters into a machine to play a video game just makes no sense to him

then again the same can be said for tv channels and having to wait for shows to air rather than just streaming whatever you want

Well, why would you take a plane when everybody has their own flying car?
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Now that multiplayer works across Mac/PC I've been playing Civ VI a lot. I had my 2nd carpal tunnel surgery a week ago, and it's about the only thing I can play that doesn't agitate my hand(s).
maurvir Meat popsicle
Finally finishing the Baldur's Gate II series on tablet after dropping it years ago on PC. I'm up to chapter 9 in Throne of Bhaal.
dv
Playing X-COM: Terror From the Deep again.
user Stupid cockwomble
Prey (2017). Quite nice, difficult battles on Normal, psychic abilities, pleasantly non-linear.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I liked Prey. I think there's a sequel I haven't played.
user Stupid cockwomble
I might get Moonrush myself. The original Prey had it's own charm - Native American protagonist, Art Bell, early 80s rock, wild gravitational effects.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
SimCity: Complete Edition was $5. I've been playing that.
C. Ives posted:
SimCity: Complete Edition was $5. I've been playing that.

If only they'd ever worked out the bugs. :(

Cities Skylines is worth watching the price of. Much less buggy.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I got Cities Skylines as a holiday present, it is fairly entertaining, but does have a few of its own bugs as well.

There is a nice robust steam mod center though.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

so whatcha playin'?

Page: 1, 2, 3