so whatcha playin'?

Page: 1, 2, 3
Online now: Google [Bot], juice
TOS
anything new going on at your place? what are you playing?

me, i let my son play skyrim a bit and he was astonishingly good at it -- i expected him to get frustrated in two minutes -- but seeing as he's only seven it just didn't seem 100% appropriate

happily i finally managed to find a wii console for under $100, and picked it up along with mario galaxy (still i think my fave game evar)

my kids don't care about old vs. new games -- they casually move between the switch, the 2ds, the retropie, and now the wii

(i find the wii holds up fairly well after all these years, though the sensor bar is problematic on a big screen; no matter where i put it the angle is never quite right)

anyway, what are you playing?
juice Inadvertently correct
We set up a retropie over Christmas and currently I'm frustrated with Street Fighter II. I can't figure out/remember the combo moves from when I was very good at the game in the arcade.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu posted:

I thought I saw you in Tollyton.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
juice posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I thought I saw you in Tollyton.

probably you did

I'm currently in Roftwood
dv
Destiny 2 and World of Tanks.

I am about 30 minutes into the LA Noire remaster.
user Stupid cockwomble
Dishonored 2 on the bone.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Destiny 2 and my snes classic.
Mostly Breath of the Wild!
macnuke Afar
dying relentlessly to children with lightening reflexes in PuBG

but it is fun.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
dv posted:
Stellaris

Me too. And too much of it. :paranoid:
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Watch Dogs 2 and Skyrim
dv
C. Ives posted:
dv posted:
Stellaris

1) Create a couple custom species with Xenophobic Pacifist traits, and make their use mandatory by the AI - after the initial territory grab, you can sit back and build up, they'll hate you from a distance, and you can whore for Steam achievements pretty much without being bothered. (Just make sure you always have a huge fleet ready to go or the end-game crises will fiddlesticks you up.)

2) The slowdown in mid-late game means that even on "Fastest" with a small galaxy you can read a book or something while the game chugs along. (I formed 20 bassoon reeds last night and shopped for my dad's birthday gift while "playing" Stellaris.)
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
dv posted:
C. Ives posted:
dv posted:
Stellaris

1) Create a couple custom species with Xenophobic Pacifist traits, and make their use mandatory by the AI - after the initial territory grab, you can sit back and build up, they'll hate you from a distance, and you can whore for Steam achievements pretty much without being bothered. (Just make sure you always have a huge fleet ready to go or the end-game crises will fiddlesticks you up.)

2) The slowdown in mid-late game means that even on "Fastest" with a small galaxy you can read a book or something while the game chugs along. (I formed 20 bassoon reeds last night and shopped for my dad's birthday gift while "playing" Stellaris.)

I've been playing online. Weekend Stellaris Club :)

You have to be more active when it's not an AI.
dv
C. Ives posted:
dv posted:
C. Ives posted:
dv posted:
Stellaris

I've been playing online. Weekend Stellaris Club :)

You have to be more active when it's not an AI.

Well you'll never build through the entire tech tree if you do that. :p
Also, since the closed beta is going, Sea of Thieves.
Warin posted:

That game looks interesting, but I rarely get to play games with multiple friends anymore, so that one is likely out.
mmaverick posted:
Warin posted:

That game looks interesting, but I rarely get to play games with multiple friends anymore, so that one is likely out.

You would also need to buy an Xbox One. Console ex.... ah, wait, PC.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Tried the new Unreal Tournament "alpha". The finished stuff looks amazing. The game kinetics still need a lot of work. I have a feeling this game won't ever be finished.

Playing Skyrim special ed just to max out my gfx card. Pretty cheap gimick to make me play this easy game again, but oh well, free. I don't notice much difference other than "ooh, sunlight".
TOS
it's winter, so naturally i'm playing skyrim

did the artherium forge for the first time, it was kind of neat

that final boss battle was pretty nuts!
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
TOS posted:

My Skyrim mods folder....
Screenshot_1.png
I actually started playing Morrowind. Never played it before and someone gave me a copy for xbox, it retroactively plays on the 360. Also the Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Skyrim and Fallout 4.
TOS
arkayn posted:
TOS posted:

My Skyrim mods folder....
Screenshot_1.png

:: burns with envy ::
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
StaticAge posted:
I actually started playing Morrowind. Never played it before and someone gave me a copy for xbox, it retroactively plays on the 360. Also the Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I like Morrowind a lot more than Oblivion, despite some glaring game-play flaws.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Metacell posted:
StaticAge posted:

I like Morrowind a lot more than Oblivion, despite some glaring game-play flaws.

Morrowind had more heart and soul in Seyda Neen than Oblivion had period.
TOS
ukimalefu Wasn't me
Tomb Raider 2. I'm on the last level:

ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
TOS
son was home sick for a few days so we played some mario galaxy ... he frigging loves that game to pieces and i'm enjoying it too, so damn creative and fun
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I have liked this series ever since the first one came out. The only thing negative I can say about the recent new ones is I liked the damage model on the original much better.
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm replaying the original now on Steam.
macnuke Afar
Alpha Warcraft.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Thimbleweed Park. It has been immensely enjoyable.
Into the breach.

Fun little game
TOS
fallout 4 ... ignoring the storyline of course, mostly blowin' up cars

also using a mod that spawns insanely tough legendary monsters
user posted:
I'm replaying the original now on Steam.

Are you playing the one that was re-done with new graphic assets?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

so whatcha playin'?

Page: 1, 2, 3