WotLK

Online now: DEyncourt, DukeofNuke, juice, ukimalefu
spike attempting to look on the bright side
...comes out tomorrow and the WoW world is all in a tizzy. Possibly because the servers have been down for the past couple days and the forum is overloaded to the point of combustion. Expacs are fun!
Conner Of Gallifrey
My collector's edition shall ship soon I'm guessing?

Dunno… not even sure when I may start playing lol.
Zapski Gaze into my eyes...
I'll get it, though I haven't played in ages.
Yay! On to level 80 . . .
I'll mop up the leveling and gear on the way to 80 when everyone settles down and stops being douchebags about everything. Plus most comments I hear is that even 4pc T4 gear lasts til the first few lvl 80 instances, so my T6 isnt about to be replaced anytime soon.
spike attempting to look on the bright side
Its like a horde of angry bees and blizz gave the hive a good couple of whacks.

I'm picking up my copy during lunch to install it tonight after work.

Excited to save that gold for an epic flyer (finally).
Conner Of Gallifrey
I got an email letting me know they shipped it yesterday. w00t.
I'm leveling up alts until I get my WoTLK in the mail from Amazon.
Spent a couple of hours helping a buddy patch together two PCs to run the new game.

Another buddy of mine went back to the store 5 times to get a DVD his PC could read, only to realize he's got a CD drive only.

Me? I've got no time to play this weekend. I'll wait a bit.
dv
Zapski wrote:
Spent a couple of hours helping a buddy patch together two PCs to run the new game.

Another buddy of mine went back to the store 5 times to get a DVD his PC could read, only to realize he's got a CD drive only.

:lol:
Yeah, he needs to lay off the gange.
Zapski wrote:

Me? I've got no time to play this weekend. I'll wait a bit.

This is like the 4th thread I've read about wrath with people going "aww I cant install it because I dont have a dvd drive"

Seriously. what the fiddlesticks. I've had a dvd drive since before I had a dvd player attached to my tv, who the fiddlesticks are these people.
Marc wrote:
...who the fiddlesticks are these people.

Young people without much money who have hand-me-down computers? ;)

The two I bodged together were just a matter of what worked from each. The CD only one, was given to the guy by his father. He doesn't have money to buy a new PC since he's got a baby to take care of, and has an entry-level job, and isn't very life experienced yet.

I try to help out where I can. I'll be upgrading his ancient eMachine T1140 for him soon. It's a Celeron 1.1 Ghz, and I've been impressed that he plays WoW on it at all. I'm looking into slapping a P4, and DVD drive into it.
Conner Of Gallifrey
3 years ago you could buy a dual layer DVD-BURNER for $16…
dv
Conner wrote:
3 years ago you could buy a dual layer DVD-BURNER for $16…

As much as it amazes me, there are still people on this earth who have never heard of geeks.com or newegg.

I don't know how they survive, but I have it on good authority that they shop at Best Buy... I've lost track of the number of times I've said "you went to Geek Squad? Ouch, bad idea. Did they try to sell you a computer? [of course]" in the last year.
belive me, most people have no clue what they own. That goes for Mac users too.
Zapski wrote:
Marc wrote:
...who the fiddlesticks are these people.

Young people without much money who have hand-me-down computers? ;)

The two I bodged together were just a matter of what worked from each. The CD only one, was given to the guy by his father. He doesn't have money to buy a new PC since he's got a baby to take care of, and has an entry-level job, and isn't very life experienced yet.

I try to help out where I can. I'll be upgrading his ancient eMachine T1140 for him soon. It's a Celeron 1.1 Ghz, and I've been impressed that he plays WoW on it at all. I'm looking into slapping a P4, and DVD drive into it.

its been mentioned already but, no stick fiddling seriously, you can't get a CD only optical drive for any less than a dvd drive and anyone with a child who cant spring $20 for dvdrom shouldnt have a kid, or be playing an MMO, or using the electricity to run the computer that the mmo is installed on.
Again, hand-me-down computer, and most people (including Mac users) have no stick fiddling clue about their computer's capabilities.

And as far as "shouldn't have a kid" that's a pretty stick fiddling arrogant assertion, and you have no idea about what people should and shouldn't do, or why they make the choices they make, you ignorant, arrogant, pretentious fiddlesticks.

Like you know what other people go through. You small minded, know-it-all, elitist shit-ball.

fiddlesticks you, fiddlesticks your arrogant attitude, and fiddlesticks your thoughtless statements.

You worthless skank, You goddamn ignorant moron. Your kind of false intellectualism gives genuinely smart people a bad name.

HOW DARE YOU!
Conner Of Gallifrey
I agree with Marc - if you can't afford a $15 piece of computer equipment, a $30 computer game with a $15 a month charge is probably out of your price range.
hey zap, fiddlesticks you.
Eat human waste and die you sanctimonious slime.
Can I get in on this?

I stand ready to assist in case anyone needs a completely unbiased adjudication.
If you can't afford $20 for a "luxury" item, since you already sunk the time and money into a computer, internet connection, and the cost of the game, which is recurring on top of the retail box cost, if any emergency expensise come up, you'll be looking at decisions like "Who do I feed and cloth properly this month?" "Does this really warrant a doctors visit?"

Oh gods, the internet is telling me how to raise my child. Blow it out your ass.
What if someone has no personality? What then?
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Ummm. Like. Wow!

I've seen DVD drives at Goodwill for $5.

I'm w/ Marc and Conner and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Has hand me down compy, has cash for WoW and mo. sub., has cash for Teh Intertubes, has cash for gange, has kid, and has entry lvl job (WETFTM). Doesn't have $20 for a drive?
I started a belf hunter on a PvP server. I've learned to run with humanoid tracking on at all times in contested lands. I've avoided gankings a few times that way. It also lets me return the favor. I can usually get the first surprise attack.
;)

So Zaps, loan the guy an external DVD drive for a night.

Marc, you could be a bit less grating. Its how the message is delivered as much as the content.

<passes the baton to Shnicky>
Your turn. ;)
Conner Of Gallifrey
My copy of the WOTLK CE showed up today. Unsure when I'm actually going to start playing again.
Kirk wrote:

Marc, you could be a bit less grating. Its how the message is delivered as much as the content.

I gotta be me
Wow. I've never heard someone seemingly proud of being a douchenozzle! ;)

(and I agree... if you can afford WoW you should be able to afford a DVD drive of some variety)
Warin wrote:
Wow. I've never heard someone seemingly proud of being a douchenozzle! ;)

(and I agree... if you can afford WoW you should be able to afford a DVD drive of some variety)

thats a direct quote from schnicky being a douchenozzle actually, and if thats really the first time you've heard of that you've obviously never seen Jeh post anywhere for the last few years...
Conner Of Gallifrey
CE came today. Account Updated, haven't logged in since the 17th of December - last year. See if I can make it a full year… probably won't.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

WotLK