Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Online now: Google [Bot], Kirk
macnuke posted:
DEyncourt posted:
macnuke posted:
I can spend about an hour... have two level 400 trinkets that are as good if not better than inscription.

Let me guess that this is on a toon which is at item level 430 and thus has little need to do any World Quests which have a 400 trinket as a reward.

You know that the World Quests rewards are ranged based upon a given toon's item level, yes? Thus my newly minted 120s who are all item level 390 or below despite being fully outfitted with 385 or better Benthic armor do not EVER see such high level rewards.

most of my alts are dressed 385 at level,, 4-5 hours and they are over 400.

Well, then, maybe you can help me.

I have five toons which were the original group of toons that I first leveled to 120. They all HAD item levels of between 414 and 420, BUT more recently they are now beginning to stack up to between 419 and 420 because for the life of me or my toons I cannot find ANYTHING which will push them over that 420. I have tried to look for World Quests that reward gear (especially rings and trinkets because that is where most of them had been behind my Horde hunter who was the leader at 420 for over a month now, but I cannot find ANY which reward better than "390+". On occasion one will get a "much" higher drop of 405 or even up to 415, but nothing that has pushed any of toons at item level 420 to 421 or higher.

Yeah, I go kill the Nazjatar big boss because that can drop a 415+ item, and some of my eleven 120s have gotten usable drops including one which was 455, but that has been only a handful of drops and for whatever reasons more often on my lower 120s such that they now have gotten into the 404-409 range for overall item level (and, mind you, some of them still have 380 rings or trinkets. "But you said that you look for gear drops of 390+!" Well, yeah, but on THESE toons up to recently those same quest rewards were "geared down" to 380 or 380+).

And there is the Heroic Stromgarde but apparently on Hyjal server there are enough groups who deem even 420 toons as too low to join them that it is difficult to get into those raid groups. And even with that guaranteed drop when I do get through a Heroic Stromgarde about 2/3rds the time I shred that drop because that toon already has a higher level piece in that slot.

So what can I do to push over that plateau? Or will I eventually wind up with eleven 120s stuck at item level 420?

Oh, if this makes any difference: my leading Horde hunter has a Heart of Azeroth amulet at item level of 461 and is at azerite level 64. Even my furthest behind toon is at 452/59.
Because the recent news has been SO crowded, I haven't even logged into WoW for the past 4 days.

I still have that anxious feeling of "not having done things in the game", but now I'm more relaxed and I'm even sleeping better. Not at all well, mind you, just better.

Not sure when I'll get back in.
Not my couple-of-weeks for doing things online, I guess.

After hardly playing at all for a while, last night I decided to go back into the game. Finding that it was the end of Darkmoon Faire week, I decided to cycle through them all and get them to visit the Faire.

While there while on my Alliance paladin named Yoursister on Echo Isles, I got logged out. When I logged back in, Yoursister had been renamed to "Player<random letters>" and when I tried to log in, the game required me to put in a new name.

I just checked: I can see currently there are 7 toons named "Yoursister" although oddly my search via Blizzard's search says that there are 26 overall but only 7 of them appeared.

What had happened just before I got logged out: Yoursister was fishing on the pier at the water's edge at the Faire when I noticed that one of those fishing holes opened up at the end of other lowered ramp. I ran Yoursister over to there and some toon there used a Turkey-shooter and turned Yoursister into a turkey. I clicked that away and started fishing again and I got a chest with some Darkmoon Daggermaw and miscellaneous other stuff. It was after I had that opened but was still fishing that that I got logged out.

I put in "Yrsister" for the new name.

I have sent to Blizzard a query asking why I had to rename Yoursister.
I got a reply from a gamemaster:
Quote:
This action will not be overturned. This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34530, which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing World of Warcraft. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Huh. That was REALLY helpful.

Actually I did see the problem and removed the ending comma in the address, but that was equally unhelpful.

I have sent in another ticket giving more details including an edited version of the paragraph in my previous post describing what I was doing at that time in the game.
Oh, I had turned off the iOS 13.x option that sends unknown callers immediately to voice mail, but perhaps I wasn't fast enough because I got a phone call that supposedly was located in Huntington Beach, CA. That caller left no voice mail.
DEyncourt posted:
Not my couple-of-weeks for doing things online, I guess.

After hardly playing at all for a while, last night I decided to go back into the game. Finding that it was the end of Darkmoon Faire week, I decided to cycle through them all and get them to visit the Faire.

While there while on my Alliance paladin named Yoursister on Echo Isles, I got logged out. When I logged back in, Yoursister had been renamed to "Player<random letters>" and when I tried to log in, the game required me to put in a new name.

I just checked: I can see currently there are 7 toons named "Yoursister" although oddly my search via Blizzard's search says that there are 26 overall but only 7 of them appeared.

What had happened just before I got logged out: Yoursister was fishing on the pier at the water's edge at the Faire when I noticed that one of those fishing holes opened up at the end of other lowered ramp. I ran Yoursister over to there and some toon there used a Turkey-shooter and turned Yoursister into a turkey. I clicked that away and started fishing again and I got a chest with some Darkmoon Daggermaw and miscellaneous other stuff. It was after I had that opened but was still fishing that that I got logged out.

I put in "Yrsister" for the new name.

I have sent to Blizzard a query asking why I had to rename Yoursister.

Should have gone with "FreeHongKong".
Heh, thanks for the laugh.

Well, I got a second reply. Basically "NOPE. We are not going to answer any of your questions. You have no defense because we will not tell you what you are accused of. Stop asking about this."
Frankly I am undecided on what to do.

If I close my Blizzard account, then "they" win.

On the other hand, I must believe that considering the seemingly quick action that happened on Saturday night that a game master was directly involved. It is conceivable that it was just coincidence that the forced name-change happened while I had Yoursister up online, but even during Darkmoon Faire week for only one day I play my lower level toons for only about 30 minutes then, and practically all other times for 5-10 minutes daily doing the Ogrimmar/Stormwind cooking and fishing dailies. My interactions with other players is all-but-nil except on those occasions when I have gone into dungeons and raids (which I NEVER do with my lower-level toons). That's a pretty slim coincidence especially considering that I HAD stopped doing those dailies or even playing my level 120 toons for almost two weeks.

But there are those other "Yoursister"s on other servers, unless this is a recent decision to boot off those others as well.... Nope. The count is still at 26 though only 7 of them are viewable (perhaps the other 19 are level 10 or under, and/or in "free-tryout" accounts?).
I am rather perplexed at why this bothers you so much. The name is, in no way, “lore relevant” and could be considered borderline offensive to someone. Blizzard has a long history of requiring name changes if someone lodged a complaint that your name is offensive.

To consider throwing away all the time you have spent in the game and the enjoyment you continue to derive from the game over a forced name change is really silly, since it is Blizzard policy that is equally applied. Lodge complaints on the server where the other Yoursister’s are, and they will have the same experience.
What I actually want is an explanation. I do not think that Yoursister should be considered in any way offensive except possibly in such a personal way that it would require a long explanation as to why (and to which the proper response should have been "Really? Y'know that REALLY is YOUR problem").

But as I explained before: I DO suspect that the real cause is that I had offended a game master during play by "stealing" from his Darkmoon Faire fishing hole, or at least offended someone for that same reason who happened to personally know a game master who was online at that time which was why it was only mere seconds before I got dropped from the game. But if that is the true reason then I will never be told that.

And, frankly, the game has gotten a lot less fun. Yes, it is that period when it looks like nothing else new will be added (and WoW Classic is specifically not anything NEW), but it was much before that I had given a consideration to suspending my game until the next truly new version appears (yeah, becoming one of THOSE players).
I mean, personally, am avoiding Blizzard for the time being. Still hoping they change their decision regarding the Hearthstone player in Taiwan and the Hong Kong statement. If they don't... I'm not sure, but I might just be done with them.
Lombo Opiofiend
You are using too much wireless human waste. Eero just released a lower cost mesh networking units at 99$ each that would likely solve your problems You can get 3 for 250$ or 2 for 200. Your wireless problems will disappear.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20