Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
I have a question: on the Alliance side are the only ways to and from Mechagon are to take a LOOONG taxi flight? Unless I have missed something inside Boralus, this appears to be so such that I have set my Alliance hunter's hearthstone to the inn on Mechagon figuring that I have two relatively quick ways--Dalaran hearthstone, a single guild cloak--to get back to Boralus albeit involving one or two extra steps, then from there just step across the portal room to the portal to Nazjatar or out of that room to get to the rest of Battle.

On the Horde side the "trip" to Mechagon is nearly instantaneous once you have gotten to the transfer point on the Dazar'alor docks. Since my habit is to park my toons on the ships with the Champions table on it, the Horde-side Mechagon transfer point is just a short flight from that.

-----

While doing the above this morning on my Alliance hunter, I did see that that an Armory happened to be at the Alliance landing point at the Mechagon coordinates described in my earlier post. Up to now I hadn't seen an Armory appear there.
To my knowledge, yes
Kirk posted:
To my knowledge, yes

Grumph, thanks.

To be complete: on the Horde side I have set my active 120's hearthstones to Newhome in Nazjatar since the flight from the Horde ship in the harbor to the portal room in the Great Seal inside the main Dazar'alor pyramid takes a while though not as long as the Alliance taxi flight to Mechagon.
Late on Thursday night my Alliance hunter happened to be next to the table for the Arathi Highland/Darkshore invasion scenarios. Since she has an item level score of "only" 390 (considering that my Horde toons top out at 405) I was checking mostly to see if Darkshore was up yet since for whatever Blizzard reason the item level from the questgiver at that invasion scenarios table is giving item level 400+ gear for completing Darkshore while Arathi Highlands is still stuck at 370+ gear.

Much to my surprise I saw that a HEROIC Arathi Highlands invasion quest was available with a reward of a 430+ item.

I told my friend about it and he rushed over with on his Alliance main to check it out. Turns out that only a raid with a maximum of 30 players can do the heroic invasions. Our guesses were that this was close to the first time for nearly everyone because when my friend got into his first (we both joined as a group but we were over that 30 player level so my hunter got kicked out), he saw that there were a lot of players getting killed very quickly because his guess was that people were just playing this just like a regular invasion and had badly underestimated the firepower of the opposing NPCs.

Eventually my hunter got into one as well, and given my friend's continuing experience (since he was still in that first one), I proceeded with caution and got killed only once. She spent a lot of time in the mine apparently solo for much of that after the mine boss was killed.

Oh, in the process of getting into that heroic invasion someone shared the quest for the REGULAR invasion so when my hunter finished she completed both quests. The regular reward was an item level 370 piece so no big deal and went to the shredder, but she also got 440 wrists which is 20 points higher than every other piece of gear that ANY of my toons have. This item alone increased her item level from 390 to 396.

As yet this is available only on the Alliance side (at least for US servers). Recently (this morning?) the Darkshore invasion is available for the Horde BUT this is only the regular version with an item level 400 reward, no heroic version yet. My friend suggested that only the Arathi Highlands invasion will have a heroic version for a while, so on the Horde side we will have to wait until Darkshore rolls around again in a day or so.
macnuke Afar
Laughed in the heroic AH.. I watched a few get spanked so hard they wondered if they would even be able to rez.
one shots are common.
my lock is 412.. so i do sorta well.

so I will be down to needing junk boxes for ravenholt rep.
and won't be terribly long for the rustbolt and
waveblade to have my 100 reps.
BTW: I went AH-shopping for the Vial of the Sands to get the 2-player flying mount in the form of you becoming a dragon so that another player could ride upon you. 130 K gold on Echo Isles server but 90 K gold on Hyjal server so I bought that one.
Considering I can't make one for less than 90K, I doubt I'll ever make another
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:
To my knowledge, yes

Grumph, thanks.

To be complete: on the Horde side I have set my active 120's hearthstones to Newhome in Nazjatar since the flight from the Horde ship in the harbor to the portal room in the Great Seal inside the main Dazar'alor pyramid takes a while though not as long as the Alliance taxi flight to Mechagon.

It turns out I was wrong. You can port there if you've spent the time to be able to make - Ultrasafe Transporter: Mechagon
https://www.wowhead.com/item=167075/ult ... r-mechagon
Hmm. I think my main hunter has those plans, but by far he has spent the most time on Mechagon.

Now that my toons can fly I have found no pressure to go to Mechagon at all. I suppose that I will try to get to exalted with Rustbolt Resistance on my main hunter just because, but it will be a while before I start to work on that.

-----

Anyone come across this problem? SOMETIMES for the puzzles on Nazjatar where you have to untangle a set of tangled threads OR for the variant of Bejeweled, IF your toon is standing too close to some item on the ground then part of the game screen will be partially blocked by that item in the foreground.

Even more frustrating is that there is no way of escaping from either game short of logging out/exiting WoW. Usually this isn't too much of problem since the areas immediately around either game are safe from being attacked but there are exceptions especially if someone drags a hostile NPC into that safe zone.

I don't know why Blizzard just simply makes either game such that the playing field is always in the foreground despite whatever else may in the field.

Also the Bejeweled game sometimes appears at a location where a world quest HAD been in the past, but the problem here is that if you happen to start up this game there is NO clear objective of eliminating X of a specific color icon. The only way to quit this game is to log out or exit WoW.
Yeah, I learned the hard way about background on those quests too
macnuke Afar
yup..i learned to be dismounted... and have a clear unobstructed view looking mostly level and then i didn't have the bug... you would think you could dismount that dame game.. thankfully, my rep is maxed now and i don't do much other than follower now.
Here is my list of upcoming invasions/defenses:
Code:
08/05/19 02:00 AM   Tiragarde Sound
08/05/19 09:00 PM   Nazmir
08/06/19 04:00 PM   Stormsong Valley
08/07/19 11:00 AM   Voldun
08/08/19 06:00 AM   Drustvar
08/09/19 01:00 AM   Zuldazar
08/09/19 08:00 PM   Tiragarde Sound
08/10/19 03:00 PM   Nazmir
08/11/19 10:00 AM   Stormsong Valley
08/12/19 05:00 AM   Voldun
08/13/19 12:00 AM   Drustvar
08/13/19 07:00 PM   Zuldazar
08/14/19 02:00 PM   Tiragarde Sound
08/15/19 09:00 AM   Nazmir
08/16/19 04:00 AM   Stormsong Valley
08/16/19 11:00 PM   Voldun
08/17/19 06:00 PM   Drustvar
08/18/19 01:00 PM   Zuldazar

Before I had included the projected World Quest zone for that day, but it appears that Blizzard is NOW mixing them up but using something either virtual or real to SOMEWHAT mix them up. Let me describe their apparent current model.

First, divide the World Quest zones into 3 groups;

1) Champions of Azeroth / Champions of Azeroth

2a) Talanji Expedition / Storm's Wake
2b) Zandalari Empire / Proudmoore Admiralty
2c) Unschackled / Waveblade Ankoan
and
3a) Voldunai / Order of Embers
3b) Horde War Effort / Alliance War Effort
3c) Tortollan Seekers / Tortollan Seekers

The repetition of names is due to how both the Horde and the Alliance call two of the groups by the same names.

Now imagine that the person responsible for sorting the order for the upcoming week does something like this:

a) that person marks 7 otherwise identical balls with 1, 2a, 2b, etc.

b) she places the three balls with 2's on them in one bag, then the three balls with 3's on them in another bag.

c) she then flips a coin. If heads, then the ball marked 1 goes into that first bag (i.e., along with the 2's); otherwise the 1 ball goes into that second bag.

d) she thoroughly mixes up each of the bags then draws out one ball at a time which determines when that particular faction will be up BUT starting with and emptying the bag that contains the 2's (and possibly the 1) balls then moving onto the second bag.

If I am correct about this, then the World Quest faction for tomorrow (Mon, 8/5) will be either ball 3b (Horde / Alliance War Effort) or ball 3c (Tortollan Seekers), then the day after tomorrow (Tues, 8/6) will be that faction that was NOT drawn on Monday. Unfortunately that is as far forward that I CAN predict, because on Wed, 8/7, the order will be mixed up again.

AND, of course, Blizzard may decide to throw out the above method and use something else.

-----

This past Thursday I decided to actually level-up my sixth Hordie toon, an Outlaw Rogue with mining/jewelcrafting. Along with a number of other toons I had been only running them through the Ogrimmar cooking and fishing dailies, making sure that they had as many boosts to experience that I could give them, but I was getting a bit anxious with my rogue's jewelcrafting because it had become evident that with the opening of Nazjatar that there was a new class of elite gems. My rogue could prospect Osmenite Ore for those elite gems but he had no jewelcrafting recipes to cut those gems because he had to get to Nazjatar to learn them (which required, among other things, getting to level 120). I also had a collection of Barnacled Lockboxes which no one else could open, at least cheaply.

So on this past Thursday I sent my rogue just flying around first in Zuldazar then extending that wandering into Nazmir, all that time swooping down to collect any ore that he happened across. He still had about half the map of Nazmir blank when he hit level 120. I quickly sent him to the ship in order to begin opening up Nazjatar (I still haven't done anything to open Mechagon).

Because most of his gear was experience-boosting heirlooms, his overall item level was an awful 260 (those heirlooms being mixed with time-walking purchases), but taking advantage of the fact that Benthic gear is account bound, I spent the 5 manapearls for each item that the Nazjatar vendor offered, so aside from weapons and rings and trinkets and the Heart of Azeroth neckpiece the rest got replaced by 385s. Having World Quests now available, I looked for ones which featured drops for weapons, rings and trinkets (he still has one heirloom trinket--[bad] luck of the draw so far).

I came across something I hadn't been aware of since I have NOT spent any time on my rogue since Cataclysm. I had equipped him with 2 daggers figuring that those would be appropriate weapons for rogue. While looking up outlaw rogues on Icy-Veins.com I saw that Dispatch was the spell to use when using up the accumulated rogue combo points, BUT when I tried to use Dispatch I kept getting a warning that this spell could only be "used with one-hand weapons". Thoroughly confused, I did a search on this and found a Blizzard page on which a player with a rogue had complained about this same problem (mind you: I believe this question was posted about 5 years ago). The first reply answered his question: for whatever reasons Blizzard does NOT consider ANY dagger to be a one-hand weapon. Dispatch will work if a rogue's main hand weapon is a one-handed sword or mace or axe (not sure about fist weapons), but swap in a dagger then Dispatch will not work.

While still somewhat behind in item level compared to my other toons, my rogue is now 378 compared to 405+ on the rest of my 120 toons. I have been trying to get him into a Heroic Stromgarde but apparently people now are somewhat vetting toons so I haven't been able find one to accept him.

Oh, in the process of catching him up, the opening of Nazjatar also got him a generous boost to his Heart of Azeroth amulet. I think he had quickly got his amulet to level 9 by doing a few world quests, but that quest that sends your toons to Highmountain to "refine" the Amulet when completed also granted my rogue's amulet I believe 30 levels. Again, still behind but at level 39 he is not THAT far behind my previously current lagger at level 54.

And through a number of purchases of Osmenite Ore via the Auction House my rogue's jewelcrafting has been maxxed at 175. That includes +120 solitary gems for agi/int/str and +50 for secondary characteristics.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
If I am correct about this, then the World Quest faction for tomorrow (Mon, 8/5) will be either ball 3b (Horde / Alliance War Effort) or ball 3c (Tortollan Seekers), then the day after tomorrow (Tues, 8/6) will be that faction that was NOT drawn on Monday.
[snip]

Well, THAT didn't quite work.

The faction this past Monday WAS Horde / Alliance War Effort, but I should have noted that I was talking about an upcoming TUESDAY when Blizzard usually resets things globally, so instead it looks like the full cycle of the daily World Quest zones started over with Talanji Expedition / Storm's Wake.

Oh well.

-----

Do you guys use anything to "record" WoW fights like Recount?

My friend and I got into a group that was set to go against one of the Nazjatar World Quest bosses. When the fight was over, we dropped group then started to fly to our next thing to do in Nazjatar (we try to do all those quests for our Nazjatari allies) when I said that my Alliance hunter was only second to what I saw was the leader in damage in our group, another hunter. I wasn't particularly surprised by that considering that my hunter has existed only since this past Memorial Day and is still playing catch-up item-level-wise compared to my Horde toons, but my friend said that his demon hunter led our group in overall damage and HIS Recount showed my hunter as dead last (which [coincidentally?] was where I saw his demon hunter). We argued just a short time, but then we figured that Recount truly is broken in that it cannot accurately record a short and intense fight that did not involve the boss wandering around nor adds that could complicate Recount's records by those adds drawing fire away from the boss (as might happen during raids).

So any recommendations for a Recount replacement?
macnuke Afar
Details.

you need to spend time with it.. i don't use it often mainly when i just want to slam on a dummy.
it's not the same as a boss... but it gives me a constant.
and it's almost "too busy" with the amount of data it gives you.. but it works.
WoW Classic is up again. Time to relive the grind.
Kirk posted:
WoW Classic is up again. Time to relive the grind.

I will give it a pass, thanks.
macnuke posted:
Details.

you need to spend time with it.. i don't use it often mainly when i just want to slam on a dummy.

I was going to write in the defense of using Recount that it MAY give you a somewhat accurate reading for yourself alone, but if it is being overwhelmed by the incoming data then that means that it is practically worthless. Time to toss it.
So earlier today I decided to repeat what I did with my rogue last week and sent my Windwalker Pandaran Monk who is an Herbalist/Inscriptionist to quickly get her to level 120 being very close to that level already (it only required an hour or so of wandering around Zuldazar, killing some stuff that got in her way of collecting herbs). I have equipped her with the ten Benthic pieces, now needing only to replace her rings, trinkets and weapons, then level up her Heart of Azeroth amulet since it was just level 2 when she got to level 120. I will watch more carefully once I get her to open up Nazjatar to see how much of a boost her Amulet gets upon completing that Highmountain adventure with Magni (my original five Hordies had maxxed out their Amulets at level 50 when Nazjatar opened it up to allow further leveling, so they did not see that bonus).

So now I have SEVEN Horde and ONE Alliance toons who require daily World Quest maintenance <sigh>. I have 3 more Hordies at the verge of attaining level 120: an Orc Warrior, a Tauren Paladin, and an Orc Shaman (I thought I had selected priest for the last but I think that class WAS restricted to Alliance-only at the time I created her).

Still trying to figure out a workable spell rotation on my monk, but I feel comfortable enough that I THINK I can send her into the current weekly Timewalking dungeons with just a BIT more practice. That being said, I am NOT comfortable enough with my rogue even though I have had a week to work on him, mostly because I still lack the understanding of how a rogue's spells can be used with other party members.
macnuke Afar
DEyncourt posted:
macnuke posted:
Details.

I was going to write in the defense of using Recount that it MAY give you a somewhat accurate reading for yourself alone, but if it is being overwhelmed by the incoming data then that means that it is practically worthless. Time to toss it.

lol the add-on is names "Details"
And now I have eight Hordies and one Alliance toon:
Horde
--MM hunter (skinner/leathercrafter)
--frost mage (enchanter/tailor)
--DPS demon hunter (herbalist/alchemist)
--BM hunter (miner/engineer)
--destruction warlock (herbalist/alchemist)
--outlaw rogue (miner/jewelcrafter)
--windwalker monk (herbalist/inscriptionist)
--fury warrior (miner/blacksmith)
Alliance
--BM hunter (miner/jewelcrafter)
So aside from my demon hunter (who didn't exist back then) I have re-activated all of my Horde toons that I had active during Cataclysm. The last three above didn't do much during Draenor (though they did get to level 3 Garrisons) and practically nothing during Legion and Battle (well, up to the past couple of weeks).

Last night I got my warrior to open up Nazjatar after wandering around Zandalar picking up ore to get him to level 120. Upon completing the Highmountain adventure I believe his Heart of Azeroth Amulet was raised from level 9 to 35, so I THINK what Blizzard is doing is raising the Heart's level to a base of 35 (item level 403) if a toon begins that Highmountain quest with their Amulet at any level below level 35 (thus no boost at all if a toon began the Nazjatar phase of Battle with an Amulet above level 35, although I believe that any toon with a level 50 Amulet got normalized to item level 433 because I think I had some toons with level 50 Amulets which were well below item level 433).

But after completing the full intro to Nazjatar (including the freeing of the Nazjatari companions) I had a pretty miserable time trying to complete the set of quests there considering that the Unshackled / Waveblade Ankoan WQ sets were set to expire this morning. I believe that my warrior was had finished the intro quest by about 11 pm, but it took until 2:30 am to finish with uncounted deaths along the way. Not helping was the fact that he has had bad luck in not being able to replace his two trinkets as RIGHT NOW he still has two Swift Hand of Justice heirloom trinkets (item level 284) with which I had equipped him during leveling up.

In comparison afterward I ran my monk through Nazjatar taking only about an hour-and-a-half, but then for her I took her through six World Quests which replaced all her weapons, rings and trinkets with 340+ items BEFORE going into Nazjatar.

-----

OK, NOW my prediction for the new World Quest faction for tommorow (Sunday) will be either Champions of Azeroth OR Horde / Alliance War Effort, with whatever not being picked for Sunday as the new WQ faction for Monday.

And as before, Tuesday will start a new list that will not be as predictable.
macnuke Afar
have fun with that.

I am now esteemed with 100 Reps maxed.
and now looking forward to classic and not grinding this human waste anymore for a while.

Imma go for true pain and grind classic. :lol:
Congrats on that 100 exalted reps! I'm probably quite a ways away from THAT considering that I hadn't gotten to exalted with ANY Alliance factions up until my new Alliance hunter who is exalted with only 7th Legion and her guild (my friend's guild for HIS Alliance toons.

Huh. My main MM hunter on the Horde has by my count 94 exalted reps alone, missing 13 possible factions mostly from previous levels of the game (such as the old Zandalari Tribe rep which cannot be added to anymore). 2 of those missing 13 are The Unshackled and Rustbolt Resistance, both at revered now.

So conceivably I could get to 100 just by working on my Alliance hunter alone since she is already revered with the other 5 Battle factions that came before Nazjatar/Mechagon. I will do THAT via daily attrition of the World Quest factions alone, thank you very much.
macnuke Afar
factions that have their own ... horde only or alliance only only count once... getting the equivalent for both sides = one rep. not two.
then you go to factions that both sides can get.
lower city rep..... that would be either faction in Shatt BC.
so now... open a toon... look at the rep.. note the ones you aren't maxed. then keep looking on all the others until you get the toon closest to max.. then work that oon on that rep.

me being me tho.. i did all 100 on my main only.

but rep achievements are account wide.
macnuke posted:
factions that have their own ... horde only or alliance only only count once... getting the equivalent for both sides = one rep. not two.
[snip]

Hmm. Since my main hunter is exalted with, say, Tortollan Seekers, then my Alliance hunter also getting to exalted with them would NOT count toward my account total, BUT shouldn't her 7th Legion exalted count towards my overall total considering that my Horde hunters cannot get ANY rep with that faction?

Also in the first comment at this WoWhead.com page on "100 Exalted Reputations", that poster oulined the different factions that count. As it happens there are:
31 Horde factions,
31 Alliance factions, and
68 neutral factions.
Just a coincidence that the maximum one toon CAN get is 99?
macnuke Afar
if you get the Honorbound on horde. then you 7th legion will not count.
they are considered = faction reps. so one or the other... you can only get one rep out of those two.
Ah, I failed to add that there are two PAIRS of factions which are mutually exclusive, these being The Aldor/The Scryers from Burning Crusade and Frenzyheart Tribe/The Oracles from Lich King. Also prior to the release of WoW 4.0.3a, it was possible to get to exalted with Zandalar Tribe (in the older version of the Zul'Gurub raid) and Shen'dralar (in the older version of the Dire Maul dungeon).

Then in theory a single toon could get to exalted with 103 factions (which include those last two) but more realistically only 101. On the other hand TWO toons could get to exalted with 103 factions with one having the pair of, say, The Aldor and Frenzyheart Tribe, then the other with The Scryers and The Oracles.

BUT how about earlier versions of WoW like Cataclysm? Does getting to exalted with the Horde's Dragonmaw Clan and Hellscream's Reach mean that getting to exalted with the Alliance's Baradin's Wardens and Wildhammer Clan would not count towards one's account total?

BTW: there were no separate Horde/Alliance factions in Draenor. Instead all of that version's factions were common between Horde and Alliance.

-----

Huh, my warrior's bad luck has held. Yesterday I saw that in Tiragarde Sound there were two World Quests that rewarded trinkets, one a 370 and the other a 380+. So I sent him to do those (they being quests that I hadn't done on any other toon) and fully expected to replace both of those Swift Hand of Justice heirloom trinkets, BUT both of those completely different quests (in terms of location and mechanics) awarded the same trinket which was Unique-Equipped.

So he still has one of those heirlooms.

-----

The World Quest zone beginning today is Horde/Alliance War Effort, so tomorrow's should be Champions of Azeroth for both sides.

But a thought occured to me: what if Blizzard decided that they want these World Quest zones to retain some level of randomness, so towards that they will either at times or always will omit just one set from each cycle? So if tomorrow's new WQ zone is NOT Champions of Azeroth then they might be doing that, but my inclination is that last week Blizzard decided that they would coordinate the World Quest zone cycle with their standard begin-on-Tuesdays cycle by omitting the last faction.
macnuke Afar
DEyncourt posted:
On the other hand TWO toons could get to exalted with 103 factions with one having the pair of, say, The Aldor and Frenzyheart Tribe, then the other with The Scryers and The Oracles.

-----

nope.
you only get to count two toward the 100 reps.. you cannot count all 4... i know because i have all 4 and only two count.
macnuke Afar
I am at 100.. the only reps i have that would increase that number would be..

Silverwind Sentinels. (PVP)
the League of Arathor. (PVP)
these are still available for me to grind but I refuse.

Shen'dralar is no longer available.
I am maxed on Zandlar.. i did that back at level.

at one time you could either Gelkis Clan or Magram Clan.. but not both, rep was from killing the other clan.
i think it was two xpacs ago they fixed so you could rep them both up. so you can max them and have them both count.

so if i had Shen when i could. and ground out the PVP. i would have 103.
which would be max.
macnuke posted:
DEyncourt posted:
On the other hand TWO toons could get to exalted with 103 factions with one having the pair of, say, The Aldor and Frenzyheart Tribe, then the other with The Scryers and The Oracles.

-----

nope.
you only get to count two toward the 100 reps.. you cannot count all 4... i know because i have all 4 and only two count.

Oh, well. If that is the case then I won't bother to actively work on rep other than the usual grinds that I have done.
It turns out that at the moment my account is at 89 exalted reputations, probably all of them with my main hunter. So with "only" 11 reps to grind, I will pass.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
The World Quest zone beginning today is Horde/Alliance War Effort, so tomorrow's should be Champions of Azeroth for both sides.

But a thought occured to me: what if Blizzard decided that they want these World Quest zones to retain some level of randomness, so towards that they will either at times or always will omit just one set from each cycle? So if tomorrow's new WQ zone is NOT Champions of Azeroth then they might be doing that, but my inclination is that last week Blizzard decided that they would coordinate the World Quest zone cycle with their standard begin-on-Tuesdays cycle by omitting the last faction.

Huh. Today's new WQ zone is Talanji Expedition / Storm's Wake, so apparently the overall WQ cycle will ignore Blizzard's usual Tuesday-through-Monday week.

My guess NOW is that the omitted zone will be a flip between Champions and Tortollan Seekers (which was omitted last week). Perhaps this group which can be omitted will also include Horde / Alliance War Effort, but the omitted zone probably will never be any of the territorial WQ zones.
So now I have a nearly complete complement of ten Horde 120s and one Alliance 120. Only nearly complete only because I haven't sent my newly-made-120 paladin out to Nazjatar yet (and so hasn't gotten his Heart of Azeroth amulet improved to level 35 yet), him being still in the stage of finding replacements for rings and trinkets (I had given him a 2-hand sword that was a bind-on-equip random drop somewhere. Only 340 and a toon must be level 120 to wield it but much better than the 284 heirloom 2-hand sword). He still has an heirloom ring.

Last night I decided to do a marathon of wiping out the World Quest slates on all of my Horde 120s so right now all of them only have Champions of Azeroth WQs to do. This was assisted by how over the past two days the World Quests were Horde War Effort and Voldunai, so just by doing the defense of Voldun my Horde toons got a triple credit of completing both of those daily WQ sets and that defense with the Unshackled, BUT that was a LOOONG slog.

After I woke up after noon today I decided that I needed to do some general overall clean up. For one thing I had been equipping my 120s with dribs and drabs of the Nazjatari healing potion because my luck in finding such on my three herbalist hasn't been particularly good. Fortunately I found that the Zin'anthids on the auction house were not TOO expensive and got enough so that my alchemist could outfit each of my 120s with a stack of 20.

While I was at that, I decided that I would max out Inscription on my monk just so that I could see there were any benefits to higher level inscription items (there are not. There is a pair of trinkets which on bind-on-pickup so I could outfit my monk with those, but they also require a slew of Expulsoms so that will take a awhile. Fortunately I find that I LIKE playing on my monk now so I will be sending her into random heroic dungeons).

Speaking of taking a while: have you seen how long it takes for an inscriptionist to make inks? First she must grind the herbs into the various pigments (which are somewhat random for Battle herbs before Zin'anthids), and THEN she must craft them into their inks while making sure not to run out basic mats (some sort of water is required for all, and an additional powder to make one kind of ink). I literally spent over an hour-and-a-half doing that, though I did spend that time reading my various websites (including this one).

My next leveling project will be to max out blacksmithing on my warrior.
macnuke Afar
back when inscription was new.. i converted one to it... made a ton of money and equipped all my toons with top of the line inscription human waste.

last three expansions.. i have it at level 1 for each expansion.
it's just not worth it.
Oh, those inscription trinkets--which are NOT bind-on-pickup, my error--are item level 400. For some reason there are TWO with AGI but only one each for INT and another for STR. Each of these is unique-equipped AND do NOT include any random set of secondary characteristics. With the exception of my main hunter (who has that odd Mechagon trinket with those add-in cards and it currently item level 404) my other nine toons could have their gear at least slightly improved with an item-level 400 trinket.

-----

So a NEW pattern emerges for the daily World Quests. It looks like that over every SIX days (despite there being SEVEN factions) that tomorrow (Sun, Aug. 18th) will begin a new cycle.

To start there will be in some random order each of these three factions:
Talanji Expedition / Storm's Wake
Unschackled / Waveblade Ankoan
Zandalari Empire / Proudmoore Admiralty
The above order is how they appeared in the previous two cycles so MAYBE tomorrow's new WQ zone with be that first pair but I wouldn't be surprised if the above order gets mixed up.

Then the following three days will have some random order of these FOUR factions:
Voldunai / Order of Embers
Horde War Effort / Alliance War Effort
Tortollan Seekers / Tortollan Seekers
Champions of Azeroth / Champions of Azeroth
I THINK that Voldunai / Order of Embers will always appear sometime in these three days but it doesn't have to be first (which was the case in the WQ cycle immediately past), which means that one of the remaining three factions will be omitted. In the previous WQ cycle Tortollan Seekers was omitted and in the cycle before THAT Champions of Azeroth was omitted, so MAYBE with the new cycle beginning tomorrow Horde/Alliance War Effort will get omitted.

Or maybe Blizzard will figure out something new and completely different.
macnuke Afar
I can spend about an hour... have two level 400 trinkets that are as good if not better than inscription.
macnuke posted:
I can spend about an hour... have two level 400 trinkets that are as good if not better than inscription.

Let me guess that this is on a toon which is at item level 430 and thus has little need to do any World Quests which have a 400 trinket as a reward.

You know that the World Quests rewards are ranged based upon a given toon's item level, yes? Thus my newly minted 120s who are all item level 390 or below despite being fully outfitted with 385 or better Benthic armor do not EVER see such high level rewards.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19