Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Pariah, ukimalefu
I have gotten all five of my active toons--MM hunter (my main), frost mage, DPS demon hunter, BM hunter, destro warlock--to level 120.

Now begins the World Quest GRIND.

Of these only my main is LFR capable (which requires a minimum ilvl of 320). My demon hunter is qualified to do heroic dungeons (which Blizz had re-changed the minimum ilvl requirement BACK to 305). The other three are on the verge of qualifying.

Still having problems getting enough War Resources. Even after going through the effort of running nearly EVERY world quest that offered War Resources, AND getting as much as 285 of them at one point on my main, I've found that between doing champions "research" and sending champions off on quests and recruiting more troops to replace those lost on quests, that my main was back under 50 War Resources in only one day.

-----

One thing I've noticed while adventuring with my friend: there are many World Quests which offer completely different rewards. Not just quantities like he might see 285 azerite points while I see 250 azerite points and possibly be explained by differences between our toons like the Heart of Azeroth levels in their neckpieces, but different TYPES like he sees gold and I see War Resources for the same World Quest. Since we had been concentrating on War Resources this had led to some arguments until we figured out this difference.

MAYBE this is due to our toons being on different servers (his on Echo Isles, mine on Hydal)?

Of course when we had done this during Legion we had always seen exactly identical rewards. It is very irritating that we must cross-check seemingly EVERY detail before we can agree on which ones to do now in Battle.
macnuke Afar
you've been grinding along if you have 5 at level
I have had some real life needing some of my game time. so i have the one at level and a couple of the others somewhere in between.
kinda waiting on warfront to see what I do mainly. our server was 99% last night, so we shall see.

and the reason the difference in reward quantity.....
just like during legion... your rewards scale with your item level.
when your item level was close and it was up around 1000, both of you received the same item.
now with the squish in BFA, just a few numbers different makes a higher percentage difference..
user Stupid cockwomble
- still making Mercer Frey my uncouth individual.
The reward will change daily for any particular world quest, with a few exceptions. So just wait a day and see if the next day the reward is one you like.

Personally I’ll do armor, resources and azurite quests. Gold quests get skipped
I kinda-sorta "solved" the (lack of) War Resources (WR) problem.

About a week ago I spent most of a day taking my main hunter to hit practically every World Quest which offered WRs. It did help that there was one which was up for the week which offered 250 WRs, and I had all 5 of my active toons hit that over the week. At the end my hunter had over 1400 WRs. Over the intervening time while I had my hunter hit at least some WR WQs, the daily attrition due to sending out champions has reduced his total to about 700 now.

BUT that did require me to basically sacrifice a day's play for that toon's benefit. I figure that I will have to do the same for each of my active toons, and THEN periodically do the same to replenish WRs...but what's another grind, right?

-----

Yesterday I also sent my hunter on a TimeWalking dungeon and into the new wing of LFR. The latter was really ugly with lots of raid wipes mostly due to people hotdogging thinking that they could take on huge parties of NPCs SOMETIMES at the same time with the boss, which were big mistakes.

There was also an incident where someone put in a request for a summons (yeah, for LFR? It was late and I wasn't thinking about it). It looked like a warlock was trying to set up a summoning portal so I obliged to click on it, only to find myself falling through the air over the original Dalaran site.

I THINK we managed to kick out the mage who set that up (I think maybe he was the one first put in the summons request).

So the lesson for the second wing of LFR (though hasn't been so always?) is to take out the adds ASAP. This was espeically important for Zul, the final boss of that wing, because if this isn't done then eventually the raid will be overwhelmed by the adds.

On TWing: this week's has Cataclysm as the subject and my hunter got into that one that is the underwater dungeon, the Throne of the Tides. I think that for whatever reasons Blizz has considerably undergeared the players because each of the bosses (except for the final one) and even the trash leading up to them were tough. Despite the difficulties we were having, the tank decided that he needed to take on the optional boss where we wiped twice due to the trash.

Oh, is there some NPC my toons should talk to before doing TWing? During Draenor and Legion there was an NPC in Dalaran that you must talk to before taking on that week's TWing dungeons, otherwise you didn't get credit for completing the quest he gave for completing 5 TWing dungeons, and the rewards for completing that usually were decent if not often upgrades (at least for my toons who did go on any raids beyond LFR). I could not find anyone in the Great Seal.

On the other hand: it looks like the items that can be bought from the TWing vendor in Ogrimmar (and in Stormwind City, I presume) are pretty good. None of them are improvements for my main hunter, but I think that the rest of my active toons could get decent replacements. Huh--the thought occurred to me that even some of my INactive toons could get some as well since most of the time I have NOT been spending the TWing tokens on any of them so I should have decent banks for most except for those for whom I used the level upgrades that were offered with Draenor and Legion (I haven't used the one for Battle yet).
I should point out that when I checked with the TWing vendor on my other toons, they all saw options which were comparable with their item levels. My main hunter is ilvl 339 so apparently has gone beyond having a chest/wrist/waist/ring/trinket replacement, but my other 4 active toons bought at least one item--usually a ring or trinket--from the TWing vendor, with my mage finally hitting 305 and becoming eligible for heroic dungeons now.

I checked with my inactive toons and got some improvements as well.
OK, that was OBVIOUS.

Someone on chat posted something useful: NOW during TimeWalking weeks one should open the "Adventurer's Journal" (Shift-J for physical button-pushers). In one of the three sub-windows--I've seen this appear in all three though on different toons--there will be the offer for gaining a reward for doing five TWing dungeons during the week. One reward is called a "Radiant Azerite Core" which will add 750 azerite power to your toon's necklace (which frankly is rather paltry especially for my main hunter considering that at Heart of Azeroth level 21 the next level requires 19,300 points), while the other is called a "Cache of Uldir Treasures" which I am guessing will become a random piece of armor (or two?) although I am uncertain if this might include being a Heart of Azeroth head/shoulder/chest.

Hrumph. My main hunter did one TWing dungeon but he did NOT get credit toward the weekly reward in that quest since I got the weekly quest this morning.
Another one of those inexplicable weirdnesses that Blizzard decided to use: I told my friend about using the Adventure Journal to get the weekly quest for TimeWalking this week, but he kept insisting that he could not see the quest. Instead all he got when he clicked on the button in the Adventure Journal was the standard window for joining a random group AND that he did not see the quest appear in his quest log. He also saw the same thing on another toon.

I decided to check on one of my inactive toons, a 111 level rogue. Sure enough, he saw the same thing: only the window to join a random group and no entry in his quest log.

After hashing this problem back and forth, my friend came upon an explanation: both of his toons where he tried this were NOT level 120. He logged into one of his Horde toons that were among those he had co-adventured with mine and who were at level 120: THIS time he got the weekly quest for complettion of five TimeWalking dungeons to get those rewards.

Perhaps there is some explanation somewhere in the fine print, but rather inexplicably Blizzard has decided to limit the weekly quest to only level 120 toons.
I put in the Heart of Azerite levels for the 340 355 gear here.

As it happened those pieces were acquired by my friend's warrior all last night. He began at iLvl 316 and with NO 340 355 azerite pieces of armor but ended up at an overall iLvl of 336.

In fact, 4 of my 5 active toons became LFR-capable (AKA iLvl 320 or better) during this past WoW week MOSTLY through running TimeWalking dungeons, BUT I only ran my mage through LFR1 and 2 yesterday. I expected that maybe some of the kinks for LFR should have been sorted out by Monday, there were still a lot of problems and overall it took maybe 3 hours for my mage to run through all of LFR1 and 2. She first got into the final boss fight in LFR 2 with a determination level of 4 so with that considerable boost to the raid that fight was rather fast, but the rest of them were filled with lots of mistakes that were repeated from when my main hunter ran through them a week ago when LFR2 first became available and thus more excusable due to that newness.

EDIT: <sigh> too many numbers.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 am.

macnuke Afar
my warlock is 342 IL.
LFR is a supreme fiddlesticks more than it ever was last expec .I have gotten to mouse over the group individuals....
if i don 't see an appropriate amount of HP on the players... i will bail.
i got in on the last boss of 2..... they had 7 stacks.
I asked how many were there from the beginning... about 10 said they were.. i bailed... whispered by another from my realm that stayed.. he said i made a good decision.
My main hunter is iLvl 341, though he got to that (from 339) AFTER yesterday when I ran him through LFR1 and 2. The LFRs were better but still had problems, though one of them where I thought there was going to be a problem was on the first boss of LFR2, the one with the misfit monsters? Apparently the strategy NOW is pull one or two groups of the misfits towards the doors to the chamber, then after the boss monster engages the tanks will pull the group PAST the doors. This causes the boss to despawn thus allowing the LFRaid to kill off the monsters that were pulled. Repeat until the chamber is cleared of all adds leaving only the boss.

My other active toons range from iLvl 322 to 333.

I think my tolerance for LFRs will be to run one toon per day.
Condolences I've never seen a group with seven stacks of determination. Five was my max.

Yeah, my healers check the gear and ilevel of their tanks. I'll bail after the first boss if a low ilevel toon seems to be clueless.

Whisper me in-game if you want a decent Alliance tank or healer for a group. On the Horde side, I've got some 110+ tanks and healers available. None of them are 120 yet.
Anyone playing WoW on a Mac have this problem?

Last night I was TRYING to play the game on my mage, but between every 2-10 minutes the game would noticeably and very characteristically pause then I would get logged out to the login screen. This happened between about 10 pm and 2 am. The only reason why I lasted THAT long was because I was helping my friend run through the LFRs for his first time, coaching him through some of the fights with the various bosses. At the end my friend suggested that I might try to run another toon just to see if the problem was only with my mage but I was sufficiently frustrated by having log back in every few minutes that I told him that I was giving up.

The thing was that immediately before THAT, I was doing some usual daily things with my lower-level toons (just running cooking and fishing dailies) for about an hour without any problems. As is my habit I ran the WoW Launcher immediately before this and there was a small and fast update, so maybe my problems were caused by that? But only on my mage?

I logged into the Launcher this morning and was rather disappointed to NOT see that any updates happened.
macnuke Afar
na. i get the updates a lot... usually it's due to one not sticking...
but no random crashing.
I am on Mojave now..
but it's an early 2009 Mac Pro with a little hacking in it.
An occasional pause like that could also be a RAM starved processor using the hard drive as cache. Can you add more? You might check my hypothesis by running a piece of software than monitors RAM usage and tells you when you're nearly full.
Kirk posted:
An occasional pause like that could also be a RAM starved processor using the hard drive as cache. Can you add more? You might check my hypothesis by running a piece of software than monitors RAM usage and tells you when you're nearly full.

I kinda doubt this. While a bit old (2012) my MBP does have 16 GB of RAM and with a quad-core 2.7 GHz i7 CPU. Up until Friday night I had been running WoW without any similar problems, but I'll try running WoW with Activity Monitor running just to check (I normally do play WoW with few programs running other than Apple Mail and iTunes which may only get occasionally busy when getting new mail or podcast updates, respectively, and thus not very busy). As an example: right now with Firefox and Safari running additionally my MBP's CPU is typically between 90-95% idle although with 12.5 GB of RAM taken (but that is with those additional programs running. I'll note the differences later after I shut down Firefox and Safari).

Last night there was a WoW update that I got at just after midnight. It was very short, taking only seconds to be run and added.

After that I ran through my toons taking the opportunity to send my lower-level ones to Darkmoon Faire to do basic stuff there. I see that apparently the weekly profession quests at the Faire do not have any effect upon the toons with Zandalari-level professions (so no effect upon professions for my >110 level toons), but still the merry-go-round gives bonuses for experience and rep, and completing the quests there do add to experience. I do make it habit to do the fishing quest at the Faire on all my toons just to build up those Darkmoon fish just in case Blizz adds something new to the fishing vendor next to the dock).

Still, instead of being sent to the login screen once every 2-10 minutes, the game stability was such that I got sent there every 20-25 minutes. Better, but still very irritating and it made trying to do anything that required extended work problematic and "fun" (like as logging back in to a dead toon having to run back from the nearest graveyard when getting logged out in the middle of a fight). I checked just now with the WoW Launcher and found no updates this morning so I suspect that my 20-25 minute logout time will continue.
I started up WoW and had a toon running around with all my usual programs running along with Activity Monitor:
CPU got down to 87% idle.
Memory got up to 10.71 GB used (man, those browsers really are RAM hogs!).

On the other hand I was able to run through all of my lower toons in their daily chores for about 75 minutes without getting logged out that entire time. Taking a lunch break and will see if my game will be stable while running my 120s.
16 GB isn't enough these days. I have 64 and even that gets about 2/3 full sometimes according to my RAM usage app.
Kirk posted:
16 GB isn't enough these days. I have 64 and even that gets about 2/3 full sometimes according to my RAM usage app.

Sorry, but :shrug: . MY numbers show otherwise, at least with my computer usage.
On the other hand, just within the past 20 minutes or so I checked for any game upgrades. Again there was another very short one which took seconds to download and install.

Then I ran the game with my 120s. After around 5 minutes I got into a heroic dungeon with my demon hunter but was logged out. I logged back in and apologized my random party and dropped out.

Again I got logged out after about a minute.

While still logged into WoW on Activity Monitor I saw my CPU got down to 75% idle and RAM usage maxxed at 11.9 GB. Just out of curiosity I added Safari and had it start up WoWhead. RAM usage hit 12 GB.

I filed my complaint as a bug report and logged out, this time deliberately. At least I have some books to read.
i couldn't get to sleep so I thought of something in particular to try.

Earlier I had been trying turning off just one addon then seeing if I got logged off. While there are a few addon like Bartender which I regard as essential, there are quite a number which might be a bit problematic to run without but I could run the game without them.

Unfortunately I ran through practically all of my addons. While the times it took to get logged out varied (but this has always been the case), all of them eventually did log me out of the game.

Of course perhaps the problem was due a combination of addons, so for example one might have been updated relatively recently which was somehow incompatible with another. Unfortunately for me none of my addons have been updated since the start of October and expecially none were updated on either Thursday or Friday, and of course trying track down such a combination is problematic simply because of the combinations of just pairs would take days just to test that huge number.

BUT there was one addon that I hadn't tried: Addon Control Panel. It was designed to make handling of addons easier in that one could more easily turn them off selectively during play., but because of that design it isn't easily turned off itself. Basically one has to remove it from the AddOns folder before starting the game.

I tried that. I cannot say for certain, but I THINK that WoW ran longer. Unfortunately I was doing this AFTER the 7 am predicted time for Blizzard to restart its servers. I was still trying to the World Quest that was due by 8 am this morninng and I'm pretty sure that instead of being given any countdown we were all suddenly logged out and unable to log back in.
Yeah, some combinations are problematic. I had one which would force quit the game upon opening the mailbox. A bit of Googling suggested a fix, stop using one of those add-ons.

I find Auctioneer causes the game to stutter briefly after a session in the auction house. Its cleaning up its database and sucks hard on the CPU for a few seconds.
I haven't used Auctioneer for quite a while. It stopped working at the end of Legion and while I had tried it every time a new version was released, it just wasn't doing anything while runnig so I've given up on it.

-----

That's a nope for Addon Control Panel. Still getting logged out when it was NOT running.

So now I have been working through my addons just turning one off each time I got logged out. It LOOKS like my getting logged out is somewhat dependent upon my toon being in one of the multi-player situations so an LFR or heroic dungeon or island adventure which is quite irritating (I'm sure my other players are wondering why I'm still standing in the fire).

So far I have turned off all of my addons in reverse alphabetic order (only because those I depend upon most are near the start of the alphabet) with the latest to be turned off being GTFO (which I haven't tested yet--taking a dinner break). For me that means 10 addons or addon groups (i.e., like LightHeaded which has a number of modules which only get loaded depending upon a toon's location).

Last night I did see that there were a couple of addon modules for DBM which weren't working because their locations didn't get added with Battle (I suppose not surviving beta, or maybe eventually they will be added just not now). While those were NOT being loaded at any time, I deleted them anyway but that didn't change the logout problem.
DBM is great but very unevenly updated. By that I mean they release updates and call it DBM when its only updating particular instances modules. They don't re release all the latest module with every patch. It means you must download and install every patch in sequence. You can't skip one.

Though that applies mostly if you're using Curse or other update site. If you log into DBM's home page you can check each module and download each one.
Well, I've turned off my entire list of addons. While the times between being logged out varied, this was so before turning them off, so I dunno.
I spent a useless hour doing an online chat with a Blizzard gamemaster. She basically put the blame on my WiFi (which is totally baseless considering that I've been playing via more-or-less the same WiFi for years now and my problem only started on Friday a week ago), insisting that I "only" have to see if the game similarly fails if I put my MBP on a direct Ethernet line to my cable modem.

If anything I left that chat even more frustrated than getting logged out at random times.

Yes, I re-opened the ticket, filing more complaints and putting in more details as I could.
One of my questions is why my WiFi--whatever its problems may be--should "care" about what is happening within WoW?

For example: one thing is that SOMETIMES (so not every time) when a toon dies in an LFR, I will get the insta-logout. When this happens, I have learned that it is useless to try to log into that toon because everytime I have tried the game doesn't stay on long enough for me to do anything, getting another insta-logout. It is such that I will have to wait until either the LFRaid kicks my toon out or the LFR disappears.

That does NOT happen during island expeditions or heroic dungeons.

-----

Another problem ONLY happens when I'm doing a Tortollan World Quest. If I get an insta-logout in the middle, upon returning to the game I will find that the first part of that WQ will be still completed (essentially "Talk to X") but I am unable to finish it. The only thing that works is to move my toon to a location like an inn where my toon can actually log out regularly AND then quit the game. Only THEN will that WQ reset properly so I can try it again.
:mad: I have had that insta-logout happen TWICE when I had saved only part of 12 baby turtles. On the same toon. Within minutes of each other.
So just briefly try it with an ethernet cord. Perhaps some neighbor put in a new WiFi hot spot and is on your channel.

I know I'm noticeably slower using WiFi
user Stupid cockwomble
just remember that wifi always starts with 'WHY'?
Last night I got on WoW. For an hour I was doing daily chores like sorting mail and running my lower level guys through the Ogrimmar cooking and fishing dailies, but it was AWFUL. It took between 2 to 6 minutes before I would get sent to the login screen.

Later in the evening I decided that "Yeah, that was bad, but at least I could do a couple of short and simple World Quests to complete the Voldunai set which will be ended this morning at 8 am. My main hunter only needed to do one, so I thought that doing the Tortollan WQ in the far west would do. I took a taxi there and cleared the "concentration" screen and nothing happened. I picked up the quest again, again cleared the screen and nothing happened.

I threw up my hands and just hearthed back, basically giving up.

Being unable to sleep I decided to try again on my main hunter. For about an hour-and-a-half I got through several quests for War Resources including that Tortollan WQ in Vol'dun without ANY problems. Not one. It was such that I thought, "Maybe I should try a heroic dungeon...." I got into THE MOTHERLOAD!, got logged out in about 2 minutes before we got to the first boss. We did manage to complete it 5 minutes before the server shutdown at 5 am PDT but I got logged out 3 more times through that dungeon.
Did . . .. you . . .. try . . . . it . . . . with . . . . an . . . . ethernet . . . . cord?
user Stupid cockwomble
check page one, Kirk.
Kirk posted:
Did . . .. you . . .. try . . . . it . . . . with . . . . an . . . . ethernet . . . . cord?

Because
it
did
not
matter

Was that MORE annoying?

I finally got through to more senior tech support at Blizzard. I had sent in a pathping test showing that some packets were being dropped (though only 5% at one point) and that person suggested that maybe the real problem was somewhere between me and Blizzard, so I should contact my ISP tech support and ask.

BTW: that pathping test and how to run them is described here. Closely associated with that is a traceroute test which has instructions here. I did run both and sent in both reports.

So I did contact my ISP. I wrangling with tech support for over 3 hours which required me to reboot my cable modem several times (thus losing my connection to tech support each time), but after each change I ran another pathping test. Subsequent tests showed I was losing more packets (for one my loss was at 95%!) and none seemed to be improving my situation with the last test having a 15% loss at one point, so they said that they would send me a new cable modem in the mail.

But being a glutton for punishment, soon after that I decided to try WoW again. I ran through my (recently not really) daily chores and did not get an insta-logout. OK, but I have had it happen before where I did go for almost 2 hours without the problem only to have it start again, most often after joining a multiplayer instance like a random heroic dungeon or LFR. So I got on my main hunter and set him up for an island expedition and a heroic.

Got the expedition first: no insta-logouts.

Was immediately dropped into a random heroic: no insta-logouts, all this while completing some World Quests.

So I queued up for another random heroic while completing the sets of World Quests that were coming due over the next 3 days, then got into that dungeon: no insta-logouts.

So...great? Remember that Blizzard's claim was that based on my previous pathping tests that I was losing too many packets for WoW to remain stable. With my current setup if anything I was losing even MORE packets, but my game stability improved?

I have yet to run any LFRs with any of my toons, but on several of them I have run TimeWalking dungeons for the weekly quest (on the Horde side you have to go down near the docks and talk to the Tortollan who gave out the rewards for TimeWalking last month in order to pick up THIS week's quest. TWing is in Pandaria). Last night I actually spent just over 8 hours playing WoW without a single logout (catching up on the daily World Quests takes a long time).

So...do I swap the cable modems when the new one gets here? I am tempted to try to switching between them, but previously my ISP's tech support said that my line has been set up so that when I DO switch cable modems then my local server will recognize that change and will no longer accept a connection with any other modem including the old one. What if I make the swap and my insta-logout problem returns? Or do I send back the box otherwise unopened with a note saying that I had decided to stick with my old modem?
I did swap in the new cable modem. The pathping test basically was unaltered with a 15% loss at one point.
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

Because
it
did
not
matter

Was that MORE annoying?

You realize this did not actually answer my question, right?
Kirk posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

Because
it
did
not
matter

Was that MORE annoying?

Based on the context I'm guessing the answer is "No, because my superior tech knowledge tells me that wireless traffic will have the exact same issues as wired traffic"
dv
Quote:
With my current setup if anything I was losing even MORE packets, but my game stability improved?

WoW (most any online game) is designed to allow for some percentage of dropped packets without kicking you out. Since your connection is so variable (somewhere between 5% and 95% dropped) it's not really relevant to say "I did X and it's better, I did Y and it's worse." You don't get determinism.

In the case of certain things that "feel" like patterns associated with a logout (like a toon dying) it's probable that WoW is suddenly creating a lot more traffic that it considers important. (zone changes, character loading, etc.) Issue's with that are more likely to trigger a logout scenario than some phasing/lag as you run around a map.

In day to day use, your packet loss to any particular server on the internet should be pretty much 0%.

Can you post the full results of the pathping test here? The neat thing about this particular test is that it actually tells you not only what your packet loss ratio is, but which link(s) in the chain are actually causing packet loss. So that would be informative.
Kirk posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

Because
it
did
not
matter

Was that MORE annoying?

I'm sorry, but DID YOU READ THE REST?

Blizzard's response basically admitted that WiFi wasn't the problem. The fact is that all changes were done by my ISP and were simply out of my hands, thus had nothing to do with my WiFi.

On the other hand Blizzard pointed at packet loss, but as I noted it doesn't fully explain my particular problems.
dv posted:
[snip]
Can you post the full results of the pathping test here? The neat thing about this particular test is that it actually tells you not only what your packet loss ratio is, but which link(s) in the chain are actually causing packet loss. So that would be informative.

OK, though I have omitted some particulars:
Quote:
1 [my IP address on my AirPort Express] 15.434 ms 7.391 ms 4.146 ms 4.274 ms 4.068 ms 5.644 ms 4.112 ms 4.048 ms 5.517 ms 6.866 ms 4.979 ms 5.885 ms 8.599 ms 6.772 ms 7.199 ms 4.250 ms 8.402 ms 6.328 ms 6.433 ms 8.517 ms (0% loss)

2 [my IP address on my ISP's server] 4.895 ms 8.367 ms 9.701 ms 5.490 ms 4.261 ms 6.248 ms 5.610 ms * 5.412 ms 4.393 ms 4.685 ms 4.680 ms 22.580 ms * 7.403 ms 4.519 ms 4.718 ms 4.198 ms 4.536 ms * (15% loss)

3 * 76-217-16-1.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net (76.217.16.1) 29.110 ms 24.467 ms 33.338 ms 37.088 ms 29.679 ms 53.470 ms 24.903 ms 23.685 ms 30.381 ms 37.694 ms 34.901 ms 34.711 ms 23.752 ms 37.658 ms 25.137 ms 43.332 ms 32.686 ms 36.818 ms 22.199 ms (5% loss)

4 * * * * * * * * * 71.147.164.97 (71.147.164.97) 41.102 ms !N * * * * * * * * * * (95% loss)

5 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss)

I have no understanding of what step 4 is.

Given the partial address of "irvnca.sbcglobal.net" in step 3, my suspicion is that THAT could be Blizzard's own connection to the Internet. Their offices are in Irvine, CA, right?

Taking a cumulative reading of the first numbers from each, a 51 ms lag is roughly double the lag I often see while playing WoW (i.e., between 25-35 ms).
Let me add that I did run the set of LFRs on my main hunter in between doing other stuff. While I NEVER got an insta-logout during that entire time, there were MANY points during my run when my cumulative lag was reported at about 1 second (and I suspect it was actually much longer). It was such that my hunter died several times while standing in the human waste simply because I could not react in time. To be sure: it MIGHT have been that something else beside my being in LFR was causing that lag, BUT on the other hand I did not experience that lag at any time OUTSIDE of LFR (which included an island expedition and random heroics).

I shall run another toon (my mage) through LFR today.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17