Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20
Online now: Google [Bot]
Actually my warlock got an enchantment recipe, not a tailoring one, AND it was one that my mage did NOT have, so happy day!

So I started this past Tuesday spending practically all day on my hunter with the idea that he would be the one who would be first to qualify my account for flying in Legion. But between learning the new Broken Shores zone and figuring out how things changed after the 7.2 update I was simply tired by the end. I spent about an hour on my mage then gave up for the night.

On Wednesday I put some effort into getting my four 110s integrated into Broken Shores but that basically required about an hour for the other 3 just to get prelim quests done. I also found that because of the re-working of gear and requirements that my warlock no longer qualifies for heroic 5mans <grumble>.

Yesterday I tried to get my four toons caught up for world quests, but between the new world quests in Broken Shores and having a 2-day back-up on three of my toons I was only able to catch my hunter and my demon hunter to having nothing. My warlock is ALMOST there with item level 824 so one point below qualifying for heroic 5mans.

Earlier today I worked on my hunter and got all chores done. I also got my mage caught up in world quests aside from those in Broken Shores but the time I got to that point I was rather beat. I SHOULD send her to complete the Broken Shores world quests....

I'll probably work on catching up my warlock later tonight, but even with just these four toons it has been a struggle to keep up.

It will become simply impossible to keep up if I ever get to EIGHT active toons.
Kirk posted:
[snip]
Alternate Option 2 - Whisper me in game. I've still got that BELF DK tank which I wouldn't mind using sometime ;)

Thanks for the offer, but aren't there significant limitations on mythic 5mans? Like all players going on such have to be in the same server group?

As far as I understand this: since Hyjal was well populated before Blizzard started to combining servers into groups that Hyjal is pretty much its own group (aside from maybe a couple of low-population servers that have been added?).
The third star "recipe" for skinning Stormscale in part requires skinning Netherspite in Karazahan. NOTE: this NPC CANNOT be found in the new Upper Return to Karazhan dungeon, so it requires a trip to OLD Karazhan in Deadwind Pass.

Use the maps here:
http://www.wowhead.com/karazhan
using the "Change floor..." button to change the displayed MAP.

1) After entering Karazhan go up the stairs to your right to MAP The Banquet Hall (these stairs are shown at the bottom center of this map). Kill Moroes in the actual hall because he must die to get past the stage manager of the opera hall. Go back to the upper right and take the stairs up to...

2) MAP The Guest Chambers. Continue to the left on the map to the entrance area of the opera hall, but turn right along the outer circle to get to the backstage area where you will have to go back and forth a bit before entering the stage via the stage right entrance (at top) after talking to the stage manager. Here you must kill the NPCs in whichever play has been set--maybe you will get lucky to get the Red Riding Hood play and kill the Big Bad Wolf to get the Spiky Collar for the Lil' Bad Wolf pet--then exit via stage left (at bottom) where there is a ramp leading to the...

3) MAP Opera Hall Balcony. You enter at the bottom of the map and take the ramp near the top to the...

4) MAP Master's Terrace. You enter near the top of this map and exit near the bottom after going around the green-shaded circle clockwise.

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO USE THE BROKEN STAIRS EXIT. I was late getting into WoW when Karazhan was current so I believe that this was used as a mid-raid exit/entrance. This still can be used this way BUT once you exit you will be outside of Karazhan AND the entrance behind you will only take you to the NEW Upper LOWER Return to Karazhan dungeon (you can tell by seeing that the NPCs in there are now level 110 instead of the level 69-70s in old Karazhan). The ONLY way to get back into the original instance of Karazhan is by flying down to its entrance and entering, going back to step 1 above though you won't have to kill anything that you've already killed since everything that was dead will remain so until a dungeon reset or the weekly game reset the next Tuesday morning. You will have to go to the Opera House to take the stage exit which leads to the rest of Karazhan.

Close to this exit point there is another entrance to the UPPER Return to Karazhan dungeon.

5) You enter the MAP Lower Broken Stair near the bottom left corner of the rectangular section which has "Magister's Terrace" above it. Make your way to the stairs just below the center of this map to get to the...

6) MAP Upper Broken Stair which leads to...

7) MAP The Menagerie. You enter to the right of the top center and exit near the bottom (although I'm not quite sure if it via that circular room or via that room which partially surrounds it) to...

8) MAP Guardian's Library via the left, bypassing the Shade of Aran (unless you just want to defeat him) and exiting on the right to the ...

9) MAP Upper Library entering near the center. Get to the circular room in the bottom left where there used to be a "hidden" exit behind a secret bookcase but now you take the LEFT pathway which takes you up to...

10) MAP The Celestial Watch where you kill Netherspite likely with your first shot/blow. Do be sure to skin it to get the required Scale of Netherspite before leaving at this point.

If you have gotten to the MAP Gamesman's Hall, then you have gone too far and have to back up to the circular room in step 9 above.

EDIT: added the advisory in step 4 about not leaving Karazhan via the Broken Stairs Exit.

EDIT 2: corrected the dungeon in that advisory. I mixed up Upper with Lower Return to Karazhan.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:46 pm.

macnuke Afar
should you be interested in transmog clear any BC instance you enter.
especially kara
even some of the green sets look good and command good gold if you aren't going to use em.
I have the mount.
so my reasons in there are low.
Anyone else having problems just logging in?

I cannot even log into the WoW Launcher to check for updates, much less log into the game itself.

:shrug: Whatever was happening seems to have been fixed, although I'm not seeing anyone who has been on for longer that 10 or so minutes.
So after some discussion last night with my WoW-playing friend, I've decided that I am going to basically "retire" my warlock and alter my demon hunter into my NEW herbing/alchemist (was herbing/mining).

This is largely due to Blizzard decision to no longer link "learning" new stuff with advancing skill points in ANY of the professions (the only profession that retains that old model is First Aid). While I have advanced my hunter's skinning/leatherworking and my mage's tailoring/enchanting to advanced levels, my warlock's herbing/alchemy is seriously lagging behind largely due to MY problem of not having much fun playing him, especially after spending many hours everyday working on my hunter, mage and demon hunter. As my friend pointed out: unlike Draenor there basically are no more "support" toons. For Draenor I was able to advance all of my working (as opposed to banking) toons to level 100 then for most of them I basically "banked" them by limiting them to basic daily chores inside their garrisons and used their professions to support my "playing" toons. For Legion improving a toon's professions to 800 is practically meaningless UNLESS one is actively adventuring with that toon on a daily basis. As a result of my reluctance to play him my warlock has learned only ONE alchemy recipe beyond the basic Legion-level alchemy of healing, mana and restoration potions.

I'll have my warlock putter around in the warlock zone and in Dalaran but basically that will be it. I could consider trying out the demonlogy spec to see I like that better than affliction or destruction, but there is the problem of the sunk-costs of nearly all of my warlock's artifact points having gone into his aff artifact weapon. This will have to be done through his champions' tasks.

MAYBE I will work on my second hunter (mining/engineering) or my rogue (mining/jewelcrafting) next, OR possibly not considering the problems that Blizzard is having to get players to balance out playtime between toons.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
I'll have my warlock putter around in the warlock zone and in Dalaran but basically that will be it. I could consider trying out the demonlogy spec to see I like that better than affliction or destruction, but there is the problem of the sunk-costs of nearly all of my warlock's artifact points having gone into his aff artifact weapon. This will have to be done through his champions' tasks.
[snip]

Heh. Because my warlock had improved his artifact point bonus to level 26 (largely through Order Resource purchases by my hunter from the vendor on the corner in front of the blacksmithing shop in Dalaran), so with only a couple of artifact point item quests by his champions' task my warlock's demonology artifact weapon to level 30 and likely will be at level 34 in less than a week.

Still won't be playing him.
My warlock's demonlogy artifact weapon(s, because it is a dagger and an off-hand combo) is now up to level 31.

-----

Whaddya guys think about the new invasion scenarios?

I think they are OK but rather oddly scheduled. To take the most extreme example: yesterday's (Sunday) invasion was in Valsharah and started at 11 pm PDT which means that it will be over when Blizz resets its servers at 5 am. My friend thought he read that the scenarios would be separated by 18 hours of regular playing time but I believe that he has misinterpreted that, especially considering that Friday's invasion of Highmountain ran from about 3:30 to 9:30 pm PDT, but Saturday's invasion of Stormheim ran from about 9 am to 3 pm PDT (so distinctly less than 18 hours between). I think that what he read was that Blizz would be attempting to have on a daily basis about 18 hours of regular play surrounding 6 hours of invasion, and that the start time of any given day's invasion would be somewhat random though obviously limited by the daily reset time of 8 am PDT and any shutdown time for servers.

On the other hand: I had put in nearly a full day of WoW play on Sunday, AND this was before that day's invasion started. I had begun the day with the idea of running all 3 of my active toons through the daily invasion, but considering that it took about 2 hours for my hunter to go through the Valsharah invasion and he is by far the toon I'm most confident at playing, the thought of another 2 hours playing about an hour each on my mage and my demon hunter basically stopped me. Yes, I would be able to get through the invasion more quickly on them since I learned from some mistakes I did on my hunter, but even with the small changes in play between a hunter and a mage or between a ranged hunter and a melee demon hunter was not enough to get me to continue.

It didn't help that aside from the attribute point items plus the nethershards from completing the 4 required invasion quests that my hunter got, my hunter got a useless necklace drop that was 30 item points below his current one (so that drop got immediately vendored). Yes, my mage and my demon hunter possibly could get a gear improvement since they are slightly behind my hunter, but that small possibility wasn't enough incentive.

Besides, my main interest in doing the invasion scenarios is to make sure that my hunter has completed nearly all of the requirements that should open flying in Legion by the time Blizz makes that option available. That is why I have been spending a lot of time on my hunter going through all of the Broken Shores quests plus as many of the "green skull" bosses that appear there. I suppose that once my hunter hits revered with the Broken Shores faction that I could shift play to either my mage or my demon hunter, but that will still take quite a while, although I suspect that I will continue on my hunter until he is at max rep with the Broken Shores faction.
macnuke Afar
I said screw it and am going slow with the rep grind.
I like the xp on my alts that I have been lazy with.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
To take the most extreme example: yesterday's (Sunday) invasion was in Valsharah and started at 11 pm PDT which means that it will be over when Blizz resets its servers at 5 am.
[snip]

Oops, sorry. I think I just misread the date of the server reset time. I was thinking it was for Monday morning at 5 am but my friend--who had been grinding stuff since about midnight last night--said that there was no server reset this morning when I did my usual habit of checking for game updates earlier.
Right now I'm in a bubble.

Aside from my habit of logging into the WoW Launcher to check for updates, I have NOT logged into WoW today.

I am giving serious consideration to not logging in at all.
Last night I was playing my frost mage and was placed into a random 5man heroic. It was altogether a routine run until the end. My mage was second in DPS overall ending up with 320 K to the tank's 400+ K, so after the final boss the instance chat from the warlock that was with us was NOT complaining about DPS. It went something like:

Warlock: "what are you doing with your spells mage?"
Me: "?"
"you aren't casting the spells for a mage"
"Um, I think it was pretty standard for a dungeon" (I checked Recount to see what it showed)
"What do you think I should have done?"
"you aren't casting 2122213121" (or a number sequence like that),
(after some confusion): "I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about."
"that is the usual"
"You know that the keys can be reprogrammed, yes?"

He left at that point. The 3 other toons in that 5man random had already left so I didn't get to express my astonishment to any witnesses.

Is there a WoW add-on out there that can show/record what keys the other players in a party are pressing? I think that there must be even though it would be an all-but-useless add-on. Possibly a little used side-aspect of some healer add-on that never got removed and that I never have used since I don't play healers.
user Stupid cockwomble
Played a little Elder Scrolls online during the free weekend. It felt a little creepy to me that other people I didn't know were watching me play.
TOS
and probably masturbating furiously
dv
TOS posted:
and probably masturbating furiously

Only if they have "those" mods.
user Stupid cockwomble
my cat is pretty hawt
After a month-and-a-half of not having any significant problems, a couple of nights ago I began to have weird lag problems in WoW. The thing is that when I did a speedcheck before logging in I was still getting between 13-15 Mb down and while I was playing my game latency never got over 50 ms (although my usual latency was between 20 and 35 ms), BUT I kept on having sporadic problems like trying to open a mailbox in WoW and having it take seconds to respond. When I would try it again after a few seconds it MIGHT work instantly.

I checked around via iStumbler and saw that there is a new 11n/ac home LAN, though it was not on my particular channel.

Today when I did my usual speedcheck about a half-hour ago (this was after doing a check at about 10 am and NOT seeing any problems) it was reporting between 3-5 Mb down and was wavering wildly up and down so I changed my channel. Perhaps that additional new LAN was just coincidental....

To be sure: there is a second new LAN but that one is only 11b/g.
Odd.

An iStumbler check this morning showed no sign of that 11n/ac LAN at all. While it was named the default name for an ATT cable box (in the form of "ATT<7-character combination of lower- and uppercase letters and numbers>), even if the person who set it up had renamed it to something else it still should be obvious to me because it was by far the strongest signal I was getting from any LAN including my own (so I suspect that it must be one of my neighbors in a unit immediately next to me).

It was irritating because whoever set up that LAN choose channel 4 for their 11b/g channel (which is close enough to channel 6 to cause interfering bleed-through).
So someone figured out that Blizzard has been scheduling the start of Legion invasions spacing them out by 18.5 hours. Maybe he created this page which will show if there is an invasion going on now in either the US or EU realms and when the next one is scheduled to start.

Of course this is valid up until Blizzard changes that time (I'm guessing probably going to 12.5 hours maybe within the next month).

-----

That "new" LAN WAP is back, but it is on channel 112(???) for 11n/ac and channel 6 for 11b/g.
macnuke Afar
I've gotten to the point of running leveling alts only for the invasions... fast xp.
Any other users having this problem?

Way back I used to have lots of problems getting updates while WoW was running such as having huge lags, so my practice has been to run the WoW Launcher practically every time before running the game.

A few days ago (Tuesday? Wednesday? I forget) I ran the Launcher and after a minute or so got a message saying that it needed to be restarted before anything could happen. This was fine and a message I had seen dozens of times before so I thought nothing of it at that time.

EVER SINCE then when I run Launcher I can enter my password (or any nonsense in that field) and almost immediately the first Launcher window will come back up complaining about my password.

Let me note that for the first day or so (but Launcher hasn't done this recently) just for a fraction of second I saw a CAPTCHA challenge screen appear within the login window before it got replaced by that complaining initial login screen.

So on top of my not being able to get any updates to WoW, I do have this problem: in order to get an update for Launcher I will have to be able to log into Launcher in the first place BUT of course I cannot do so now.

I have posted a complaint in the WoW Forums. Anyone having this problem?

-----

Anyone try the Legion phone app?

This is NOT the same as the first(?) WoW phone app which as far as I can tell only has the purpose of being able to buy/sell things on the Auction House. Instead the Legion app has the purpose of allowing you to log into your account and then call up each of your toons who have champions. Then you can do some basic work with them such as pick up rewards for any missions they have completed, renew any sub-champion minions as needed, check on the NPC who exchanges follow champion armaments for order resources, then send champions out on new missions.

About the only thing you cannot do is setup any supplemental champions (which you sometimes get as part of the additional reward for completing some missions) nor add any gear to any of champions (for this you will have to log in normally). Oh, and you cannot send order resouces from one toon to another in case the latter had run out of order resources (as I did with one of my toons just now).

My only complaint is that the app requires 2-clicks to switch between toons. The first click will bring up a short list of the last 2 toons you dealt with which for me has been pretty useless since most of the time I will be finished with those last 2 toons. I wish that it would instead skip over that option and go straight to the overall list of toons with champions.
The Legion app also has this benefit: if your toon has earned over 100 Legionfall Supplies (they have a blue sphere icon and can be earned by champion missions) then a banner icon will appear over the southern part of Broken Isles. When clicked upon then your toon can spend his Legionfall Supplies at 100 per click for any of the structures currently under construction so that that toon will earn Legionfall Recompense (for various currencies) and Unity of the Orders (for Artifact Points).

You will have to log into the game regularly to actually use them, but at least you will not have to fly/hearth to Broken Shores to cash in those Legionfall Supplies.
DEyncourt posted:
The Legion app also has this benefit: if your toon has earned over 100 Legionfall Supplies (they have a blue sphere icon and can be earned by champion missions) then a banner icon will appear over the southern part of Broken Isles.
[snip]

FTFM (I think)

Either I misread this feature or there has been a change to the Legion app. Before I was pretty sure that the banner appeared only for those toons who had over 100 Legionfall Supplies and not so for those with under 100, but I just now ran the app and that banner appears for each of my toons despite only one of them having over 100 Legionfall Supplies.

Now that none of them have over 100 I still see that Broken Shores banner.

It still saves having to go to Broken Shores just to cash in the Legionfall Supplies for any toon with enough of them.
OK, it finally has happened: an update that I cannot download.

My game is stuck in version 7.2.5. For over a month now whenever I tried to use WoW Launcher it simply does not work. I type in my WoW password and it comes back nearly instantly as if I had not type in my correct password.

Upon a suggestion from a Blizzard Support Forum Agent, I downloaded the World-of-Warcraft-Setup.app from the Blizzard site. Same thing.

Just now I tried renaming my World of Warcraft folder then got out my original Legion DVD to see if I could painfully redownload ALL of Legion. No can do--this did the SAME thing.

So <sigh> I put in a web ticket--as this seems to be the only method that Blizzard allows nowadays--which gave me a 24-hour response time.
macnuke Afar
you're attempting this on what system?
macnuke posted:
you're attempting this on what system?

MacBookPro 10,1 15-inch (Retina, mid-2012) with a 2.7 GHz quad-core i7, 16 GB RAM and a 756 GB SSD drive.
Mac OS X 10.12.6 (the most current).

It was running WoW 7.2.5 OK--a bit low in graphics mode--up until this past Monday night.
Well, I got AN answer from Blizzard tech support. It didn't help.

He recommended removing my Blizzard authenticator. I WAS still using the old version, a Digipass dongle on my keychain. OK, I was game, but <sigh> apparently Blizzard made their best efforts to try to hide the authenticator page. I finally found it and removed the old authenticator.

Made no difference. Updater still refuses to accept my WoW password.

When I tried to re-add my authenticator, I found that the old dongles simply are no longer being accepted. The only way to have ANY authenticator now is an app for a smartphone. This is OK for me NOW, but I would have been stuck just a month ago.
user Stupid cockwomble
Can't one of your wizard characters help? :P
Um, yay, I now have 7.3.x.
But my process getting here was not at all straightforward. Image

MY guess is that the newer version of the downloader simply will not accept the old version of the authenticator--that Digipass keychain dongle--BUT instead of giving a clearer answer of "Change your authenticator to a new app" or something like that the downloader kept asking me for my password.

On the other hand, when on the Blizzard download app login screen where it is asking for your WoW password, instead click on the hexagonal gear in the box on the right just below "Blizzard Entertainment". There you can see the options of "Settings" and "Continue Without Logging In". I was able to use the latter which started the download.

While it was doing that, I clicked on the option to get online while the download was still running. THIS time I got the screen asking me to get confirmation from my smartphone's authenticator.

I even paused the download, then quit the downloader, then restarted it. After I entered my WoW password this time it asked for a confirmation from my smartphone's authenticator.

This still doesn't answer why during the short period when I had NO authenticator associated with my account at all the downloader still refused to work (except possibly the downloader works ONLY with the new authenticator app?). But I also guess that all of the requests I got from Blizzard service techs asking me to delete stuff was likely useless since the problem wasn't there.
And the Legion app has stopped working. It will only stay logged in long enough for me to see the map and maybe switch to another toon but will crash almost immediately after that.
DEyncourt posted:
And the Legion app has stopped working. It will only stay logged in long enough for me to see the map and maybe switch to another toon but will crash almost immediately after that.

Grumph.

Apparently Blizz did update the Legion app this past Tuesday, the 7.3.x release date.

Unfortunately unless one goes into iTunes list for apps then one can remain blissfully unaware of such updates. <sigh> another thing to check regularly.
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Grumph.

Apparently Blizz did update the Legion app this past Tuesday, the 7.3.x release date.

Unfortunately unless one goes into iTunes list for apps then one can remain blissfully unaware of such updates. <sigh> another thing to check regularly.

I think you can configure the App Store app to badge that you have updates pending if you don't want it downloading them automatically.
macnuke Afar
no think.. you can.. and a goodly selection of download preferences should you wish them.
Conner Of Gallifrey
macnuke posted:
no think.. you can.. and a goodly selection of download preferences should you wish them.

Yeah, I have mine download automatically so I wasn't 100% familiar with 'em.
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Grumph.

I think you can configure the App Store app to badge that you have updates pending if you don't want it downloading them automatically.

Oh, my iTunes does THAT. That is flag apps that have pending updates.

But you have to check your list of apps to see if any need updating.

OK, I see that in my iTunes>Preferences>Downloads that I do not have Apps or anything else checked off for automatic downloading. With my current short list of literally only a dozen apps MOST of which I am comfortable with being updated automatically I could put in that check mark for Apps, but I would rather not let that process become automatic before I might add some apps that I would not want to be updated automatically.

On the other hand: I have a friend who is using the Android version of the Legion app. Likewise he is/was unaware that that had been updated since he agreed with me last night that his Legion app wasn't working.
Oh, my friend who was having problems with his un-updated Android Legion app? He's wasted at Blizzard right now.

He had been listening to "The Instance" podcast which with the 7.3 drop of Legion had been concentrating more upon WoW in favor of other Blizzard games. He had heard that with 7.3 the third slot of the artifact weapons would be automatically opened, so for quite a while he had been saving his Legionfall War Supplies (LWS) figuring that with enough of them he would be able to go to that vendor at the Broken Shore encampment who had 880+ gear in exchange for 5 K of LWS specifically to get random artifact drops so that he might get an artifact item which would fit in that newly opened third slot on top of maybe getting some replacements for the other two slots. And THEN he would spend LWS on other gear, and as a result his toon with the highest item level was at 895.

The toon that had the most LWS had over 120 K but he has more-or-less 9 active toons with various amounts under that high number.

Of course he found that when 7.3 dropped that that particular vendor had been moved aboard the Vindicaar on Argus AND was not offering ANY LWS items any more. As he has pointed out: this is contrary to past practices at Blizzard since nearly EVERY specialty gear vendor at all the lower levels of the game are still available.

Me? As it happened I was spending my LWS all along and I might have one toon--out of 5 active (I've reactivated my warlock)--who has more than 5 K of LWS on him/her. With the exception of my warlock my toons' item levels are 908 for my MM hunter, my mage and my demon hunter and 902 for my second BM hunter. My warlock is badly lagging at 863 but I hadn't done much with him until a few days ago, and I could improve him to around 890 by spending some gold on Obliterium and Order Resources for Bloods of Sargaras. Hmm, maybe the market for Obliterium has dropped out considering that there is now a 7.3 replacement for it (though it will be a while before anyone has much of that item, whatever it is called).

BTW: any artifact weapons which you have NOT upgraded to the higher artifact point scheme and which still was stuck on the lower artifact point scheme with 20 points into that last upgrade? Now those toons only have to switch to that specialty using that particular artifact weapon for it to be upgraded to the new scheme, BUT I think that any artifact weapon still stuck in that lower artifact point scheme has to have at least 1 point into that final 20-point item for it to be upgraded.

And of course now that tens of millions of artifact points given out with most world quests it should be easy to get all artifact weapons high enough to be upgraded to the higher artifact point scheme.
Some of the Obliterium WAS cheap at under 2K each. I was able to buy 170 which brought down my level of gold to under 1 million.

The Bloods of Sargaras (BoS) are a bit more involved to obtain. Fortunately I have a couple of toon with over 100 K in Order Resources and from the class-specific vendor in each of the class halls I could buy quite a number of BoS, then through that vendor in the streets of Dalaran near the Obliterium Forge buy account-wide tokens to transfer Order Resources to other toons. I have sent most of these to my warlock with a few to other toons and was able to raise several crafted cloth armor pieces to the their max of 900 in item level so that my warlock has 883 for his overall item level at the moment.
Does it seem to anyone else that with the latest changes that WoW has become increasingly unfriendly to alts?

Of course alts have always run to some degree of disadvantage compared to main toons just by the general nature of the game, but especially with the new artifact point scheme aboard the Vindicaar that recently my tendency has been to concentrate on my main Marksman hunter to the near-exclusion of my other 4 active toons.

One problem with the current artifact point scheme is that later levels require huge numbers of points. While I have gotten my hunter, my mage and my demon hunter to level 61 they all require 5.5 B points to get to the next level which requires me to play my hunter for several days before getting there.

A guildie mentioned in guild chat that he "finally" got to level 68 and that level 69 would require him to accumulate 48 B points.

Sure, there is a LOT of "grade inflation" built into the game considering that each week Blizz is automatically increasing the base level of points such that the reward for first running a random 5man has increased from 64 M to 110 M (I think), so in effect everyone is getting about double the points over what they were getting for the same level of difficulty a few weeks ago.

But right now I'm feeling a bit burned out having tried to run "everything" on Argus for my hunter. While I could go back to the rest of Broken Shores to run world quests and such for more artifact points, the OTHER problem is that I have been concentrating on Argus world quests for the simple reason of them being the only way to earn reputation points with Army of Light and Argussian Reach. While there are various recipes and mounts and pets available from each, my main concern is to get to the Krokul Flute which modifies the old Flight Master Whistle so that a toon can get teleported to the nearest teleport point while on Argus.

Of course which increases the reason for playing my one main to the exclusion of others.

Even when I have run out of world quests on Argus, I think Blizz does a refresh every 4 or 6 hours so that different world quests become available, giving me another reason to switch back to my main when I see that refresh happen.
Sorry, I didn't recall those artifact point numbers right.

My mage's weapon is level 61. To get to level 62 she needs a total of 7.4 billion points.

My hunter's weapon is level 62. To get to level 63 he needs a total of 9.3 billion.
<sigh> Just a few minutes ago--PROBABLY not coincidentally at the time Blizz would usually START warning players that the system was about to go down--I had just killed a silver-wreathed special and was about to loot it when EVERYTHING went down. When I tried to log back in there were no servers up aside from some specialty tournament one.

Of course when I next log in with my hunter I shall have to expect that the silver-wreathed respawned and will just kill me unless I happened to log in when some other group had just killed it on Hyjal server. Oh well....
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20