Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20
Online now: Google [Bot]
Heh...not quite completely removed.

On my monk I just did a heroic Bloodmaul Slag Mine. While I was at the bottom in DPS with 20 K / sec, apparently the others didn't mind that the top guy was doing just over twice my damage and so they set up another random 5man heroic dungeon BUT there was a problem for me: when I got the request to join the rest of my group to get into the queue, the button that would allow me to join was greyed out so I could not join.

I apologized and breifly said why, then dropped out of the group. I have put in a bug report.

Oh, another thing: on my monk apparently I had not progressed far enough into the legendary ring quest to continue. I had completed the very first quest which was to bring back an item dropped from the final boss in Skyreach (the reward for which was the first ring, albeit a now-lousy 640 ring since all of my level 100 toons have at least 695 rings of better). I had turned that quest in and had picked up the subsequent quests for the Core of Iron/Life/Fire before last Tuesday. By completing that heroic Bloodmaul Slag Mine I should have been able to pick up the Core of Fire dropped by its final boss but I did not. Checking over my monk's quest list, I found that set of "Core of" quests had been removed. I even had my monk fly out to Zagarra (or whatever it is called) and see if she could pick up those quest from whatshisname again, but he had no quests.

I checked on my warlock and second hunter and neither of them had those Core of Iron/Life/Fire quests too.

My monk did pick up Croman as a follower.
So no trying to get the legendary ring for the rest of my toons. Image
Blizz said they were going to remove the legendary quests from toons that had not completed the sequence some time soon. I guess that has now happened. I'll check my alts tonight to confirm.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
Blizz said they were going to remove the legendary quests from toons that had not completed the sequence some time soon. I guess that has now happened. I'll check my alts tonight to confirm.

It should happen upon release of the next expansion - you still have another month.
Conner posted:
Kirk posted:

It should happen upon release of the next expansion - you still have another month.

I had 4 toons who had completed the first quest towards the legendary ring chain and picked up the next set of quests AND even turned in the apexis crystal quest that was part of that second quest set, and a fifth toon who only had the first quest in his queue. ALL of those quests have disappeared from their quest logs.
The quests are still in my logs
Kirk posted:
The quests are still in my logs

OK, but how far along were your toons on the quest chain?

And are those toons working on that quest chain using those rings given from the chain? I have a suspicion that Blizzard used if a toon was wearing one of the rings rewarded from the chain (regardless of where they were in the chain) as a flag for a toon still being active towards getting the legendary ring. All of my toons were not wearing their item level 640 rings that they had picked up because those rings were far outclassed by the at least 695 rings they had.
Conner Of Gallifrey
It shouldn't have been removed:

Quote:
The legendary ring questline cannot be completed in Legion. If you have started the questline before the prepatch, you can complete it before Legion hits. However, you cannot pick up the questline during the prepatch and start it.

I guess I could lodge a complaint somewhere but I suspect that nothing will happen, considering the huge volume of problems that the Blizzard bug forum has been getting.
The toons I checked were still working on making the three tablets. The one where you pick up 100 pieces to make one tablet. Getting all those takes a while.
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
I guess I could lodge a complaint somewhere but I suspect that nothing will happen, considering the huge volume of problems that the Blizzard bug forum has been getting.

Well, I think it's almost impossible to get it if your that far behind anyhow - but you could always open an in game ticket.
macnuke Afar
Kirk posted:
The toons I checked were still working on making the three tablets. The one where you pick up 100 pieces to make one tablet. Getting all those takes a while.

you know you can see the vendor in Tanaan yes?
Once in a while he's there. Its not like I can visit him every day.
Though it has been a while for several of my toons. I'll head back over and see if he's there.
Conner posted:
It shouldn't have been removed:

Quote:
The legendary ring questline cannot be completed in Legion. If you have started the questline before the prepatch, you can complete it before Legion hits. However, you cannot pick up the questline during the prepatch and start it.

Well, it depends on your definition of "questline".

I DID post a complaint at Battle.net bug forum for WoW. I got a reply from another player that explained that a toon had to be on "Chapter II" of the questline where most of the quests involved the Highmaul raid in any form including LFR (though unfortunately that other player did not state where that info came from though my assumption is that it is somewhere on Battle.net). My toons were not so qualified so I'll let that go.
Even at the end of the expansion, in LFR few people understand Archi's mechanics. I rarely seem to get that raid finished without a few wipes. <sigh>

I'm also slowly working my way through crafting all the armor and weapon pieces whose appearance I don't have. Half a day and I'm only a third of the way through my blacksmithing weapons. They're the easier ones without the rare mats. I haven't even started the armor pieces yet. And there's tailoring and leatherworking to go. Woooo, this'll take most of a year at this rate.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
Even at the end of the expansion, in LFR few people understand Archi's mechanics. I rarely seem to get that raid finished without a few wipes. <sigh>

I'm also slowly working my way through crafting all the armor and weapon pieces whose appearance I don't have. Half a day and I'm only a third of the way through my blacksmithing weapons. They're the easier ones without the rare mats. I haven't even started the armor pieces yet. And there's tailoring and leatherworking to go. Woooo, this'll take most of a year at this rate.

My paladin has the Eye of Salufauras… but finding the stupid blacksmith that can make the other bit? Very hard.
Sulfuras
and yeah, I fully expect not to complete some of those.

I've been buying the old PvP sets where they're available for gold. Trouble is those have to stay in your bags past the 'buy back' period before they can be safely sold without 'unlearning' the appearance. I don't have enough available bag space to buy them all at once. So that's being staged over the next week or so.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
Sulfuras
and yeah, I fully expect not to complete some of those.

I've been buying the old PvP sets where they're available for gold. Trouble is those have to stay in your bags past the 'buy back' period before they can be safely sold without 'unlearning' the appearance. I don't have enough available bag space to buy them all at once. So that's being staged over the next week or so.

Ha, a hilarious annoyance. :lol:
I'm working through the Dark Iron pieces too. I'd forgotten how much ore is required. Eight ore per bar adds up. This is going to take a couple months even with two miners and one skinner running Molten Core and BRD.
Weapon appearances might not be common across classes. I was buying the cheap weapons at auction to learn their appearances. I think I had to learn the same one hand mace appearance separately for my druid and warrior. I will double check that tonight.
Why are you working so hard to acquire old weapon sets and learn their appearances?
Gotta catch em all? Something to do before the next expansion?

But really, its about making your toons look cool. Not all of them are max level, which means not all have awesome looking sets available at their levels. I'll need appearances that are close enough for some the armor pieces they can access and which I'm trying to match. Also sometimes I like the switch up armor sets and I typically like the retro looks. The garishness of some of those sets is too much.
I... I don't get it.
Conner Of Gallifrey
MacAddict4Life posted:
I... I don't get it.

I'm a transmog whore myself; but only for specific gear. I have tier 5 for my priest (with matching staff); though currently I rock a mix of random gear that I think matches well plus my extremely rare Benediction.

Yes, I will transmog my artifact weapon to look like a epic from vanilla. ;)
I should point out that Frozen Shadowweave for my Warlock was probably the only full set of anything I ever assembled.

Oh, and a set of Twilight Hammer clothes, because I used to like to run around and ask people how to join the Twilight Hammer...
Conner Of Gallifrey
MacAddict4Life posted:
I should point out that Frozen Shadowweave for my Warlock was probably the only full set of anything I ever assembled.

Oh, and a set of Twilight Hammer clothes, because I used to like to run around and ask people how to join the Twilight Hammer...

I play WoW mostly to get neat gear and to play dress up. It accounts for a solid 80%+ of why I've played for the past 5 years.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Conner posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:

I play WoW mostly to get neat gear and to play dress up. It accounts for a solid 80%+ of why I've played for the past 5 years.

You might consider Second Life if you just want to dress up a toon. ;)
Conner Of Gallifrey
maurvir posted:
Conner posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:

You might consider Second Life if you just want to dress up a toon. ;)

Nah. Looking like a badass is seriously a big deal to me though - no matter the game. I leveled a Paladin all the way to 100 so I could make an awesome looking one! Transmog4lyfe.
I got my dual boot machine. My son built it for me. I am flat out amazed how smooth this thing runs, with every setting at max. Even with 40 peeps beating on Kazzak. I'll post specs later. 64 GB RAM yeee ha

My priests don't quite have all the tier 5 set. I'm still working on it. I like the Magister's Regalia for them. I think it looks better in game than what WoWHead's images show.

MacAddict4Life posted:
I should point out that Frozen Shadowweave for my Warlock was probably the only full set of anything I ever assembled. . . . .
That's a nice set. I'll eventually get around to that. Collecting those mats now. ;)
I'm running Firelands for the gear this week. Only my resto druid is having problems with Baelroc. Guess I'll have to switch him to boomkin for this fight.

Yesterday was the first day for demon hunters. I'm already seeing paid-boosted 100s running around. I'll wait a week to start one.
macnuke Afar
I made one.... haven't seen it in game yet cause I really want to wait a few days and let the over achievers clear out.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Resubbing tonight to start doing the pre-expansion stuff (I buy the physical CEs so I won't get a DH or anything until post launch).

Excited!
OK, doing the Legion invasions is a must for all level 95+ toons. They drop welfare epics, i.e. easy ilevel 700 armor pieces. Bah, all my LFR raid equipment (but not the Kazzak drops) is instantly outdated. Also these welfare epics are new appearances and I need them all. ;) Other stuff, like Firelands, will have to wait. These invasions are supposed to end when Legion really starts, at the end of the month.
Conner posted:
Resubbing tonight to start doing the pre-expansion stuff (I buy the physical CEs so I won't get a DH or anything until post launch).

Excited!

I usually buy the physical CE as well, but this time I forgot to preorder it. Hopefully we get a couple of extras...
Conner Of Gallifrey
So, they totally changed Disc Priests and ruined them - they are no longer about shielding which was easily the most fun thing ever. Thanks Blizz; I guess I'm back to Holy this expansion (just like in Cata where they also ruined it). Thankfully the Holy Rotation seems to be actually fun.

Enjoyed the pre-expansion events though -- looking forward to doing more demon invasions too.
Yeah, I changed my priests back to holy also. :(
Are you guys in giant awesome guilds or something?

The few times I've come back on a 7 day trial, it just felt so lonely and boring without my old guild.
No, I've never been in a guild that raided regularly. I've done LFR pretty much forever. I've given up on finding that magical perfect guild. The WHU is as close as it gets and even they have the occasional problem.
MacAddict4Life posted:
[snip]

My guild, Catalyst on Hyjal server, had about 300 toons (so maybe about 60-100 separate players?) by the time that they stopped doing regular raiding in May. Since then I've seen maybe about 5 players relatively regularly log in to cycle through their guild toons. Maybe about half of the members have moved to other guilds, AND it looks like quite a number have simply stopped playing WoW altogether since they haven't played even after the pre-release dropped much less when the Invasion phase started this past Tuesday.

Personally I haven't felt "compelled" by Invasion yet. I liked the Broken Isles cinematics and storyline, but I've run my two mains through pairs of the Invasion "scenarios", one each on Wednesday early morning then Thursday early morning and for me they are rather boring even though I've seen three different invasions (Tauren Mill twice, Crossroads and Gadgetzan). The Goblin commentary at Gadgetzan was kinda amusing (but only once through). I have enough of the shard currency to buy the one "battle" pet, and I never had any desire to collect gear sets which is the only other reason to collect shards. My two mains still have better gear that the "fel" pieces collected as part of the reward for completing the Invasion scenarios. I suppose that could be a reason for me to get my other toons through the opening Broken Isles story since they would get better gear by swapping in the fel pieces, but after running my mains through the Invasion scenarios even the second time through it was SOOO boring.
Conner Of Gallifrey
MacAddict4Life posted:

The few times I've come back on a 7 day trial, it just felt so lonely and boring without my old guild.

I was in the MAF guild back in Vanilla; then moved to a PVP guild for the rest of that and TBC. I was in the Ars guild for Wrath until Dreanor, where I moved back to a small guild of just my friends (the last move was mostly to go from Horde -> Alliance).
I must admit, I've been enjoying egging peeps to attack Guldan at the very end of the Broken Isles invasion sequence. :shifty:
One guy even tried three times.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20