Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
Conner Of Gallifrey
You people and your 'DPS' - I have no idea how you do it. ;)
Healing is fun enough, but it really depends on the tank. Bad tanks can make me drop group and wait for the penalty cooldown to clear before trying again.

What technique and macros do you use? I generally set my tank as my focus and target using my full buttons to keep the tank up. Then I've a few macros to occasionally put a DOT on the tank's target, to help out with DPS just a little, while doing the normal healing thing. HealBot helps me keep DPS alive.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
Healing is fun enough, but it really depends on the tank. Bad tanks can make me drop group and wait for the penalty cooldown to clear before trying again.

What technique and macros do you use? I generally set my tank as my focus and target using my full buttons to keep the tank up. Then I've a few macros to occasionally put a DOT on the tank's target, to help out with DPS just a little, while doing the normal healing thing. HealBot helps me keep DPS alive.

I use number keys 1 to 7 for spells, and I mouse everything else. I play this game like it's 2006. :lol:

The only UI mods I have are Titanbars for the clock/sound in the upper right and like DBM. Oh, and Postal. That's it.
So you do 'mouse over' healing? Sounds not so good
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
So you do 'mouse over' healing? Sounds not so good

Eh, it's gotten me through hardcore raiding in Vanilla and Mythics in Legion. I've been told on numerous occasions by tanks that I'm the best healer they've ever done a PUG with. I think it's fine. ;)
macnuke Afar
ElvUI and healbot imo
<== too anxious a player to heal. Or to tank, for that matter. :)
I started out tanking. Its fun and not too bad. With this expansion, you only really have to worry about hunters and demon hunters pulling with their respective AOEs. ;)
macnuke Afar
Kirk posted:
I started out tanking. Its fun and not too bad. With this expansion, you only really have to worry about hunters and demon hunters pulling with their respective AOEs. ;)

been the rule since vanilla...

you pull it, you tank it. heals are optional. :p
That works only until the puller is dead, then the tank still has to handle it to save everybody else
macnuke Afar
yeah.. but the death of a hunter give the tank time to plan
Conner Of Gallifrey
… we should run some mythics sometime. I will prove my healing mettle. ;)
I'm available starting 7 or 8 PM Pacific Time on weeknights depending on whether its gym night or not. Weekends are variable depending on what we have planned IRL though with a few days advance notice I can go most any time.

My healer's all use the following 'Rules' macro. I activate it after the first instance of DPS doing something that gets them self killed, almost gets their healer killed or sooner if I'm feeling irritated. I've had every reaction from amusement to extreme affront. Though almost always the DPS stopped their irritating behavior. I had a ret paly in Maraudon become wasted enough he proceeded to solo the dungeon dragging us all behind him. At the end he claimed the tank couldn't tell him what to do. I refrained from pointing out it had been his healer that posted those rules. It was a quick run and those lower dungeons are easy enough the no healing threat is kinda weak for any class with self heals.

/instance - Rule 1 - Always follow the tank. - Rule 2 - If the tank is doing something wrong see Rule 1 and negotiate in instance chat. - Rule 3 - If DPS persists in pulling without the tank's express consent in instance chat, plan on healing yourself.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I'd have to heal, I don't know how to do anything else. :P
That's fine. My healers are all 105 or lower. I can either tank or DPS, though my DH tank is 109. He'll have to be played a bit to hit 110 and get some gear. My other tanks are 102 or lower.
Last night my DH tank hit 110. Now for the world dailies grind. After a bit of gearing up, perhaps Conner, MacNuke and I can do some heroics or better.

On my DH tank's last 109 level dungeon run, he had a pally healer and a couple DPS that couldn't resist pulling and decided they wanted to lead. I told them to stop that once. So after I died because they decided to take the short cut (and pulled without me so they died too) and not follow the tank I just left. I ended up trading barbs via whispers with the pally a few times before ignoring him. I'm amazed how people can get through 100 levels and not get the basic mechanics of dungeon runs. I'll have to rewrite that 'rules' macro from the tank's perspective. Thanks for nerfing the lower dungeons too much, Blizz :goth:

I'll work on my Horde DK tank too. He's currently 104 I think. Then DEyncourt and I can do some dungeons.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I haven't forgotten to add you yet Kirk; probably in the cards for later tonight. I'm on… completely randomly, but if you guys wanted to setup a planned time for a mythic run ahead of time I can do that.
Give me a week to gear up my DH tank. So not this weekend but next for the mythic run, perhaps the afternoon of Sat, 11/12? If you want to do mere heroics, I can go now. ;)
On my hunter late on Saturday evening I got in the Dreamweaver reward package for completing the 4 world quests that day the War Belt of the Sentinel, a legendary item of level 895. I have been given the impression that it can be a random drop, and that my getting it now is relatively late compared to many hunters.

Do note that in the flavor text it explicitly says: "Equip: Each enemy you hit with Multi-Shot increases the damage of your next Aimed Shot by 10%, stacking up to 20 times", so there is a bit of unclarity here. My hunter is markmans BUT Multi-Shot is exclusively a beast mastery shot. What is odd that among the talents that are listed for marksman there IS an entry for Multi-Shot, but when I dragged and dropped that icon for Multi-Shot into one of my menu bars the icon that appeared was that for Sidewinders, an exclusively marksman talent. Multi-Shot appears nowhere among any possible options for marksman hunters.

In the comments at WoWHead.com apparently some people have figured out that the effect for marksman hunters would be to replace "Multi-Shot" in that flavor text with "Sidewinders". Perhaps there are similar replacements (plural because Aimed Shot would have to be replaced as well) in case of survival hunters (as they are melee DPS now) too but right now I am unaware of what those might be.

Currently I have NOT YET noticed any significant improvements in DPS on my hunter since I haven't had a chance to put him up against any Emerald Nightmare bosses (I hope to Sunday evening and I already have run through EN LFRs for the week). I suspect that only under those circumstances shall I see any changes since even final bosses in heroic 5man dungeons usually do not last long enough such that the potentially huge cumulative addition to DPS may become evident (well, assuming that I can shoot Sidewinders properly because that may require some practice which can be obtained only during raids. <sigh> perhaps I should run a few EN LFRs just to get some practice in).
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
Give me a week to gear up my DH tank. So not this weekend but next for the mythic run, perhaps the afternoon of Sat, 11/12? If you want to do mere heroics, I can go now. ;)

Next weekend won't work since I have a wedding Sat, and my Birthday is Monday so stuff is going down Sunday. We'll figure it out. :D
Last night I had a weird occurrence in a dungeon. We had just engaged the first pack of trash and I got the message 'you have been removed from the group' and switched back to the regular WoW world. Then I got a follow up message saying 'you have left the group'. I also got the 30 minute deserter timer.

So I'm left scratching my head what actually happened. I did not drop group. We were maybe 30 seconds into the dungeon, so they should not have been able to kick me that fast. There being a timer that prevents kicking for a minute or three at the start. I was top DPS for that brief period of time, so they should have had no complaints in any case.
A couple of days ago I had that happen to my hunter too, though that time that group was in the dungeon only for long enough for one of the toons to layout a Draenor feast and so most of us sat down to eat when I got the screen showing that the regular world was reloading and I saw that I got the Dungeon Deserter 30-minute penalty. At first I had thought I might have been kicked for just in general being a "huntard", but a couple of the other toons had typed in some things so I was able to contact both of them. Both said they had been kicked out as well and one guy recommended sending in a bug report (which I did).

That was the only time that happened to me, so maybe it was one of those bugs that happens only once to a toon or a player? I haven't run my mage into any random dungeons (I'm reworking her as an arcane mage) so I don't know from it (not) happening to my mage.
A friend of mine got some legendary boots last night on his druid. He posted its name in the comments and we ran into some confusion. When -I- looked at it, I saw that it was a 915 item but he saw it as only 895. I likewise posted my hunter's War Belt of the Sentinel (which I was surprised to see that it was now 915), but HE saw my belt as a 895 item.

I guess there must be something in the update talking about how the legendary items will get increased according to sort of averaging of "best" OTHER gear (but then I almost never read the updated notes), and that the item level for a legendary piece will depend on the gear of the toon viewing it.

My hunter's item level is now 862 so at THAT level the legendaries are 915s. My friend's druid is at 846 so at THAT level they are 895.
I still don't have any legendaries, beyond my main weapon <sniff>
Thanks for that info. I'm sure it would puzzle me also.

And I wonder what Blizzard will do in the next expansion. Now that legendaries are to be expected I mean.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:

And I wonder what Blizzard will do in the next expansion. Now that legendaries are to be expected I mean.

Your weapon is an artifact - slightly pedantic, but an important distinction.

They said you would use them in the next expansion earlier, I assume that's still the plan.
Conner posted:
Kirk posted:

Your weapon is an artifact - slightly pedantic, but an important distinction.

They said you would use them in the next expansion earlier, I assume that's still the plan.

Ah, THAT was the distinct term I was searching for but couldn't quite find.

Right: artifact (tan title) weapons but legendary (orange title) other pieces of gear.

I believe that there is also some limit to the number of legendaries that one might wear based on overall item level (with the additional RNG factor of "random" drops). Again: probably somewhere in the update notes.

I THINK my hunter got the belt shortly after hitting 855 [from the reward for completing the World Quest (for me) daily for Dreamweavers]--that section within brackets I am certain of--and that addition alone boosted my item level to 859.
I've been thinking over my tank rules macro. How's this sound?
/instance - Rule 1 - Always follow the tank. - Rule 2 - If the tank is doing something wrong see Rule 1 and negotiate in instance chat. - Rule 3 - Unless the tank is feeling magnanimous, if you pull it you tank it. The tank will save the healer and anybody else left alive after you're dead. I suggest the healer not rez you either. Walk back. - Rule 4 - To trigger the tank's magnanimity, do all of the following: Don't pull when the tank's and other teammate's health is low or our healer's mana is low. Hunters shall misdirect to the tank. Everybody shall stand such that mobs need to run through the tank to get to you.

Last edited by Kirk on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:22 pm.

Heh.

My friend I mentioned before got a SECOND legendary item last night--a ring this time--from the Dreamweaver's bonus he got for completing yesterday's World Quest, but when he tried to equip it he got a message saying that he could not equip it "yet" with no further explanation (he was already wearing a set of legendary boots).

I told him that I suspect that the reason why was that his current item level of 854 (a possible 859 WITH that ring?) was too low, though I did not know what the cutoff was for equipping a second legendary item (860, maybe?). Apparently there is no check within the game for current compatibility for getting more legendaries in such drops so they are more-or-less purely random.
BTW: I know that Kirk's tank and me will get along well 'cause those are pretty much the rules I play by (well, from a DPS' POV).
As I understand it the ability to wear a second legendary is to be unlocked with one of the next few patches. Its supposed to be a relatively long quest chain
macnuke Afar
final tier of your order advancement in class hall..
it lets you wear two legendary.

and it's current.
macnuke posted:

and it's current.

Really? My understanding--though it was among the comments for that hunter's belt that has since been removed--is that there are at least a dozen possible legendaries for hunters (though to be sure: there was at least one "duplicate" being there were 2 belts. Mine is the "inferior" one for hunters), so I'll have to pick and choose only 2 between them (well, if and when I get a second and more legendary pieces)?
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
macnuke posted:

and it's current.

Really? My understanding--though it was among the comments for that hunter's belt that has since been removed--is that there are at least a dozen possible legendaries for hunters (though to be sure: there was at least one "duplicate" being there were 2 belts. Mine is the "inferior" one for hunters), so I'll have to pick and choose only 2 between them (well, if and when I get a second and more legendary pieces)?

Macnuke is correct. It's supposed to be a hard decision, not a "collect them all".
macnuke Afar
Warlock legionnaires have two good pcs with real secondaries and the rest are craptacular stat and IL boosts is all.
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
macnuke posted:

and it's current.

Macnuke is correct. It's supposed to be a hard decision, not a "collect them all".

Um, sure, but when the legendary drops seem to be totally at random--Kirk has yet to get any but my friend already has 2 of them even though he hasn't completed all of the class hall upgrades that will allow him to use 2 at a time (he was about a month late getting started with Legion because of a medical situation)--then in effect it has become "collect them all" just not "use them all".
Oh its certainly a 'collect them all' mentality. The more you legendaries you have, you'll be able to swap in the two best pieces to fill in the weak spots in your gear. Still none for me, on my two 110s.
macnuke Afar
none for me either....
my wife on the other hand speed leveled her priest and her hunter.. and they each have one.
gotta love the RNGeesus
Does anybody know if artifact research on one artifact also applies to the second one? Or do I have to go back through that again with the second gun? I've just about got the first gun fully boosted and going to start on the second one.
Kirk posted:
Does anybody know if artifact research on one artifact also applies to the second one? Or do I have to go back through that again with the second gun? I've just about got the first gun fully boosted and going to start on the second one.

The artifacts in terms of artifact points are separate. On my mage I've had her get first the frost staff, then the fire pair (a sword and off-hand) then the arcane staff and they are all separate.

About the order hall research, I'm not as certain. For my hunter while he has all three weapons--the marksman bow, the beast master gun and the survival staff--I've been concentrating on the bow exclusively. I would imagine that there could be some limit to how research could affect the artifact points going into a second or further artifact weapons. It could be that Blizzard sees that research as a way to quickly "power up" such artifacts after one has gone to the effort of doing such for one's "main" weapon, but as yet I haven't tried to have either of my hunter's alternates on him and temporarily switch between weapons to see if that 6 K artifact point item will give his second or third that many points at a go (which should mean that it could get 10 or more "additions" with just one such item). Maybe I'll try that.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:

Artifact research is applied to all your artifacts; even if you don't yet have them.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20