Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
That's the launcher. Quit WoW first
Kirk posted:

I NEVER run WoW while running Launcher.

While I was doing some other stuff, eventually Launcher ran the update.

I do wish that the so-called controls on Launcher meant something. For me on the Mac version there is a control that appears to let you pause Launcher when you hit the "Play" button, but when you move the cursor off that button those options disappear.

-----

Today it looks like Blizzard put in a new graphic for the hunter's Barrage and I sincerely dislike it.

Before today what you saw was a couple of lines from your bow/gun which were targetting each of the NPCs standing within range.

NOW (or at least until I logged out) what Barrage did was spray out a bunch of lines going every which way in front of the hunter. When it did that at first, I pulled back on Barrage but then I noticed that it was NOT pulling a bunch of groups that I did not have line-of-sight. It still did the same damage to the group immediately in front of the hunter but all the extraneous lines of ammo going everywhere else were only for show.

I got dropped in a random 5man and I tried to explain what Barrage was actually doing, but at least one of the guys in there said that the commentarty about the new graphic was drawing in a bunch of surrounding NPCs (and--as far as I know--perhaps it was acting that way earlier in the day). I did say otherwise, but in the time it took me to type in my explanation the rest of the party had run into the room which had the first boss of that dungeon. I was locked out of the fight and they kicked me out.

I did run another dungeon and I did explain that the new graphic for Barrage wasn't drawing in many adds into the fight. There were a few particular occasions when I did volunteer that Barrage had drawn some in. One of the other players did complain that it did look like Barrage was going all over but had to admit that few extraneous adds were actually pulled.

-----

In that second dungeon I tried something without knowing what it might do. At the end there was an NPC separate from the body of the final boss who--when you clicked on him--asked if you wanted him to remove you from the dungeon. Not knowing what may happen I clicked on his question and I found myself at the dungeon's entrance in Valsharah. When i joined that dungeon I was doing a set of quests in southern part of Azsuna.

So it was useful to learn the location of the entrance, but I was kinda annoyed that I was some distance away from Azsuna with no close flypoint. I had to hearth back to Dalaran.
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Suramar is pretty much all a level 110 zone. When Khadgar dropped me near the middle, I saw that there was a flypoint that was fairly close to the northwest, but when I got there there was no one at all there including a flypoint NPC. I did find an passage to an underground zone there, but again no one was around even hostile NPCs. I had to travel pretty much to the NW corner of Suramar to find an actual flypoint (no inn there as far as I could tell).

It sounds like you skipped the quest that opens the main hub in the zone, so it's all phased out for you.

Or, perhaps, there is none for (marksman?) hunters with skinning and leatherworking as professions.

The name of that unoccupied flypoint is Meredil.

I do have a quest that had its activity in the northEAST corner of Suramar, which was across the valley between it and Stormheim (where the questgiver is). I haven't done that one yet.

The Meredil flight point is the one in the Questing hub for Suramar, which requires doing the intro quest that you get when you first are teleported to the zone by Khadagar. You do that, and it unlocks the entire Nightfallen reputation hub, at which point you will be able to see the flight master. You can find more info on how you were supposed to unlock it here.
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

I do wish that the so-called controls on Launcher meant something. For me on the Mac version there is a control that appears to let you pause Launcher when you hit the "Play" button, but when you move the cursor off that button those options disappear.

-----

Today it looks like Blizzard put in a new graphic for the hunter's Barrage and I sincerely dislike it.

Before today what you saw was a couple of lines from your bow/gun which were targetting each of the NPCs standing within range.

NOW (or at least until I logged out) what Barrage did was spray out a bunch of lines going every which way in front of the hunter. When it did that at first, I pulled back on Barrage but then I noticed that it was NOT pulling a bunch of groups that I did not have line-of-sight. It still did the same damage to the group immediately in front of the hunter but all the extraneous lines of ammo going everywhere else were only for show.

I got dropped in a random 5man and I tried to explain what Barrage was actually doing, but at least one of the guys in there said that the commentarty about the new graphic was drawing in a bunch of surrounding NPCs (and--as far as I know--perhaps it was acting that way earlier in the day). I did say otherwise, but in the time it took me to type in my explanation the rest of the party had run into the room which had the first boss of that dungeon. I was locked out of the fight and they kicked me out.

I did run another dungeon and I did explain that the new graphic for Barrage wasn't drawing in many adds into the fight. There were a few particular occasions when I did volunteer that Barrage had drawn some in. One of the other players did complain that it did look like Barrage was going all over but had to admit that few extraneous adds were actually pulled.

-----

In that second dungeon I tried something without knowing what it might do. At the end there was an NPC separate from the body of the final boss who--when you clicked on him--asked if you wanted him to remove you from the dungeon. Not knowing what may happen I clicked on his question and I found myself at the dungeon's entrance in Valsharah. When i joined that dungeon I was doing a set of quests in southern part of Azsuna.

So it was useful to learn the location of the entrance, but I was kinda annoyed that I was some distance away from Azsuna with no close flypoint. I had to hearth back to Dalaran.

They did make some changes to barrage in the latest round of hot fixes.
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Suramar is pretty much all a level 110 zone. When Khadgar dropped me near the middle, I saw that there was a flypoint that was fairly close to the northwest, but when I got there there was no one at all there including a flypoint NPC. I did find an passage to an underground zone there, but again no one was around even hostile NPCs. I had to travel pretty much to the NW corner of Suramar to find an actual flypoint (no inn there as far as I could tell).

It sounds like you skipped the quest that opens the main hub in the zone, so it's all phased out for you.

Or, perhaps, there is none for (marksman?) hunters with skinning and leatherworking as professions.

I do have a quest that had its activity in the northEAST corner of Suramar, which was across the valley between it and Stormheim (where the questgiver is). I haven't done that one yet.

The Meredil flight point is the one in the Questing hub for Suramar, which requires doing the intro quest that you get when you first are teleported to the zone by Khadagar. You do that, and it unlocks the entire Nightfallen reputation hub, at which point you will be able to see the flight master. You can find more info on how you were supposed to unlock it here.

Ah, thanks!

Though that brings up a complaint that I share with the guy who got me playing WoW in the first place. It is nice that there are such external sources like wowhead.com which players can use to get particular information about the game, but such shouldn't be REQUIRED in so many situations like rep-building.

And would it have been too much of a bother for Khadgar to land me at or closer to that other flypoint?

I suspect that when I complete the quests that I got at the other Suramar flypoint that I found that they will help towards Nightfallen rep (though I had dropped those quest in preference towards "finishing" [as much as I can] the hunter/leatherworking/skinning quests. I THINK I'm done with any quests for the last, though I'll have to look up skinning on wowhead.com to be sure--see!).
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Ah, thanks!

Though that brings up a complaint that I share with the guy who got me playing WoW in the first place. It is nice that there are such external sources like wowhead.com which players can use to get particular information about the game, but such shouldn't be REQUIRED in so many situations like rep-building.

And would it have been too much of a bother for Khadgar to land me at or closer to that other flypoint?

I suspect that when I complete the quests that I got at the other Suramar flypoint that I found that they will help towards Nightfallen rep (though I had dropped those quest in preference towards "finishing" [as much as I can] the hunter/leatherworking/skinning quests. I THINK I'm done with any quests for the last, though I'll have to look up skinning on wowhead.com to be sure--see!).

He lands you about a 10 second walk from where the quest starts. You have to use the item he gave you in your inventory for it to trigger - you then follow this person for 5-10 minutes, do another quick zone area quest and THEN it unlocks. In your walking/doing this, you'll end up right next to the flight point once you phase in.

It honestly sounds like you missed the quest and went off on your own which is why it didn't work.
No such item in my hunter's bags. :shrug:
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
No such item in my hunter's bags. :shrug:

Then it sounds like you did not get the quest correctly - here is the leg that lets you teleport to Suramar, and gives you this.
Conner Of Gallifrey
All in all, you seem to be having a very unlucky go of it all. :(
Conner posted:
All in all, you seem to be having a very unlucky go of it all. :(

Well, I've had a lot of cases where I've stumbled into zones apparently through some back way. On my hunter I've killed a lot of beasties only to find later that quest which required me to go back and kill it again.
:shrug: Like I wrote before: I shall finish the hunter/leatherworking quest chains before returning to Suramar (well, unless such a quest points me there anyway).

Hey, something just occurred to me: you know how in leatherworking (so presumably in all other crafting professions) there are 3 levels to making Legion-level gear? Well, I have a monk and a rogue and a demon hunter that maybe in...oh, January I will start working on in Legion, but as far as I could tell there didn't seem to be any way that my hunter could make lower level pieces. Sure, a first-level piece might be only item level 715/725 instead of the 785/795 items that my leatherworking hunter can make now, BUT that lower level item can be worn by a level 100/101 toon as opposed to the 108 that the better piece requires.

Maybe I can figure that out on wowhead.com <sigh>.

-----

On my hunter I have picked up two 805-level tier pieces (I THINK from 5man dungeons drops). There are bonuses for every pair of additional pieces up to a total of 8. Even alone these easily outclass all leathercrafting pieces.
A question: what professions do your demon hunters have?

Right now mine has none. My other level 100 toons were maxxed at all the other professions for Draenor so I don't need a second enchanter or leatherworker or whatever.

My friend who I mentioned before suggested a pair of the gathering professions, so some pair of skinning/herbing/mining, but when I tried this before on a death knight way back when, she was forced to scurry around lower level areas to advance her mining/jewelcrafting. She was also on another server and so didn't have access to the huge store of mats I have on Hyjal, so I could have my demon hunter have, say, leatherworking and enchanting as professions because my packrattiness has squirrelled away a lot of lower level mats, perhaps enough to level my demon hunter to Legion levels.

My current inclination is to just not bother and let her sponge off the professions of my other toons.
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

-----

-----

They did make some changes to barrage in the latest round of hot fixes.

That's odd. I first logged in on the 7th late in the day so it was definitely after that was posted.

Obviously the folks in my first dungeon hadn't read that blue post very closely and confined themselves to the complaints by non-hunters.

Oddly while my hunter was out doing some quest tasks, there was one occassion where the appearance of Barrage was EXACTLY the same as before the fix. No idea why that might have been so--possibly because there were no other NPCs within some extended range of Barrage beyond my hunter's actual range?--but that was only that once.

EDIT: added "other" before "NPCs" to clear up its ambiguity.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:57 am.

Perhaps this might be useful for any players with sets of toons on multiple servers like Kirk. I hadn't noticed this myself when my friend mentioned it.

My hunter's leatherworking is at 755 now because I used up some of his Stormhide Leather to make the sole 3-starred item he can make (had over 3056 of that before starting that, used up only 300 in that because each set of bracers used 9 each). What I wasn't noticing that his top in Draenor recipes--Burnished Leather--is STILL a yellow item for leatherworking. Sure, it can be done only once a day, but on all of my toons who have advanced to Broken Isles they have missed out on picking up 8 points in their crafting professions.

I had to scramble since I had sent nearly ALL Draenor mats to storage so it took me about a half-hour to figure out which toons required which mats.
Hmm. On my mage who is a tailor/enchanter, she got a point in tailoring but NOT in enchanting. Not sure why.
DEyncourt posted:
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
On top of that, the portal to the warlock's "zone" is stuck behind the PvP zone in the undercity of Dalaran. I'm not sure if there will be any particular reasons for returning to there, but I'll be wasted everytime I have to go because I WILL get flagged for PvP and must die once or twice before getting to that portal.
[snip]

Now that I've played my hunter more I know that my warlock MUST get to that portal to get to the warlocks' zone. <sigh>
[snip]

Ah, I had drawn a leatherworking quest that forced me to do something in the PvP zone of the Underbelly of Dalaran. What I had failed to notice earlier is that BEFORE you get into in active PvP area there is a vendor there who will let you hire for 5 gold a bodyguard who will fend off any attacks (I THINK that part of the description has been added sometime since Legion dropped). Basically as long as you have that bodyguard you are NOT in PvP mode and you will not see any players in PvP mode. He has a limited time of "hire" of 5 minutes but that was more than long enough for me to complete that quest and certainly long enough for my warlock to traverse the zone to the warlock portal. I think that there is a portal debuff that can last long enough for my warlock to get out of the PvP zone upon return, or he could use his Dalaran hearthstone to bypass that bother.

Still, it would have been much more straightforward just to have that portal located somewhere else.

-----

It looks like Blizzard has reconsidered that Barrage graphic and basically removed it. I came across some player who had been somehow transformed into some hostile demonic beastie in the streets of Dalaran and when I fired my Barrage at him it appeared to be like before BUT there wasn't anything else hostile within what I think may be the extended range like I thought before.
I haven't done my warlock's starting quests yet because I was dreading it. Thanks for that information.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
Hey, something just occurred to me: you know how in leatherworking (so presumably in all other crafting professions) there are 3 levels to making Legion-level gear? Well, I have a monk and a rogue and a demon hunter that maybe in...oh, January I will start working on in Legion, but as far as I could tell there didn't seem to be any way that my hunter could make lower level pieces. Sure, a first-level piece might be only item level 715/725 instead of the 785/795 items that my leatherworking hunter can make now, BUT that lower level item can be worn by a level 100/101 toon as opposed to the 108 that the better piece requires.
[snip]

Sorry, the above is in error.

What the higher "starred" recipes will do (at least in leatherworking) is reduce the mats required to make an item. Any particular crafted piece is ALWAYS, say, level 715, but for the 1-star version you need, say 20 pieces of leather. For the 2-star version you will need 16 pieces, and only 12 pieces to craft a 3-star version (or something like that). In any case a reduction in mats with more stars.

On the other hand for cooking the stars work differently. The higher starred versions of their recipes will create more of that cooked food for the same mats, so the 1-star version makes 5 items for a given set of mats, but the 2-star version makes 7 and the 3-star version makes 9 (or something like that).

My guess is that tailoring, enchanting, engineering, blacksmithing and jewelcrafting will have reductions in mats similar to leatherworking, while alchemy, jewelcrafting and inscription will follow the pattern of increases like cooking.

-----

And sorry, Barrage is still the same with lots of virtual but meaningless shots going in multiple directions. Visually more "exciting" but really meaningless. I did a couple of dungeons earlier today on my hunter and no one complained about Barrage.

Still am unsure what the difference was with that altered player running around Dalaran.
Conner Of Gallifrey
DEyncourt posted:
Ah, I had drawn a leatherworking quest that forced me to do something in the PvP zone of the Underbelly of Dalaran. What I had failed to notice earlier is that BEFORE you get into in active PvP area there is a vendor there who will let you hire for 5 gold a bodyguard who will fend off any attacks (I THINK that part of the description has been added sometime since Legion dropped). Basically as long as you have that bodyguard you are NOT in PvP mode and you will not see any players in PvP mode. He has a limited time of "hire" of 5 minutes but that was more than long enough for me to complete that quest and certainly long enough for my warlock to traverse the zone to the warlock portal. I think that there is a portal debuff that can last long enough for my warlock to get out of the PvP zone upon return, or he could use his Dalaran hearthstone to bypass that bother.

Still, it would have been much more straightforward just to have that portal located somewhere else.

The bodyguards (and their text) has been there since the beta. There is a tailoring quest down there too - I think the idea is to get everyone down there once so you know the place exists. I like it; I'm looking forward to going back in a small group and kicking some ass. :D
I ran one of my druids thorough the resto legendary weapon starting quests last night. That's a rather unintuitive sequence in a few spots and still has a nasty bug. Once you get the legendary weapon, you have to kill the big demon by first activating the weapon's special ability. Its supposed to summon furry forest creatures to help. They never showed up. I tried activating the ability a couple times. If they do not show up, you can't kill the demon yourself. Further you're stuck in combat, can't use the portal or anything else. I had to run off the edge of the mountain and fall to my death. Then I could go back to the forest and turn in the quest, completing it.

I ran one of my DKs through the blood legendary weapon quests also. It went easily enough, though since they scrambled the abilities, I had to relearn tanking and died more times than necessary. After that was done I ran a few dungeons to get the tanking rotation down. Gotta love 1 minute queues for tanks. I really like DK tanking this expansion. I didn't need any healer help excepting boss fights. I find myself wishing for one more AOE type crowd control or shorter cooldowns on the current ones though. I had several instances where those I had were on cooldown and needed to pull in some adds. I'll have to see if such an ability is unlocked in the future on my weapon.

My demon hunter is skinning / mining. I created her on a server with several other toons. I already have all the crafting skills covered. If your DH is all by its lonesome somewhere, I suggest mining / blacksmithing. They fixed the trade skills. You can gather or craft Broken Isles stuff right from the beginning. You won't have to go back to lower level zones to level up your trade skills.

I should also mention that my DK tank was really tired of the DPS edition of demon hunters on those dungeon runs. Their AOE spell (demon hunter rises a short distance into the air and green human waste is spewed in a cone) pulled adds as badly as a poorly played hunter using barrage. One of the team members called it 'demon hunter syndrome'. I wouldn't be surprised if its the same spell using different graphics. ;)

Last edited by Kirk on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:17 pm.

Kirk posted:
[snip]
My demon hunter is skinning / mining. I created her on a server with several other toons. I already have all the crafting skills covered. If your DH is all by its lonesome somewhere, I suggest mining / blacksmithing.
[snip]

Hmm. Being a leather armor wearer I would think that a demon hunter alone should have skinning/leatherworking.

Oh well. A problem for me in about a half-year time since it will take about that long to max out my hunter and mage who I consider my main toons. Likely I will not bother with training up my demon hunter's professions.
Good point, sorry was confusing them there with death knights. I still strongly suggest you get some sort of trade skill. Two gathering professions would bring in gold when you sell the mats at auction.
Conner posted:
DEyncourt posted:

The bodyguards (and their text) has been there since the beta. There is a tailoring quest down there too - I think the idea is to get everyone down there once so you know the place exists. I like it; I'm looking forward to going back in a small group and kicking some ass. :D

Meh. On Hyjal--which has a Horde majority of about 85%--there is a group of Alliance players who have specialized in PvP and who dominate practically all PvP play. I haven't bothered much since Panderia.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I was in a PvP guild in Vanilla so I have a weird thing about it. There is a flight point in Stormheim right next to a cliff face; which has led to much mind controling and jumps off.
It sounds like you're the reason why I don't create toons on PvP servers.

We're back to the grind of leveling alts. At least everything's new and prettier this expansion.

I hear Blizz 'fixed' the hunter barrage problem. Apparently barrage's range was 2 meters longer than other skills. They shortened it up to match other shots. So far, it seems to have worked. I'm not pulling stuff like before.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I was not the one doing the mind controlling… at least, I didn't start it. I make no qualms for fighting back.
Do you go so far as to create targeting macros for specific people? In a slug fest, I can imagine you'd do -
/tar Conner's Enemy's Name
/cast mind control

or something like that.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Kirk posted:
Do you go so far as to create targeting macros for specific people? In a slug fest, I can imagine you'd do -
/tar Conner's Enemy's Name
/cast mind control

or something like that.

Not at the moment - it seems to auto target anyone who attacks me as is; so that's usually good enough. For the most part I seem to be ignored… I like to think that as Holy Priest, I'm a non-combantant in this Alliance v Horde war. ;)
Well, if you want to target anything targetable in a cone in front of you use the macro below. The 'clear attack' is so you can pick up the next critter, mob or player quickly before looting the last one if necessary.
/cleartarget
/startattack

If you're doing PvP exclusively and want to target just players in a cone in front of you, change the 'start attack' line to
/tar [player, harm, nodead]
/cast spell of your choice
This also avoids targeting player's pets. The second line starts the attack, since one can't use 'start attack' to do both as in the first macro example.
Kirk posted:
It sounds like you're the reason why I don't create toons on PvP servers.

We're back to the grind of leveling alts. At least everything's new and prettier this expansion.

I hear Blizz 'fixed' the hunter barrage problem. Apparently barrage's range was 2 meters longer than other skills. They shortened it up to match other shots. So far, it seems to have worked. I'm not pulling stuff like before.

Ah.

It also helped that Blizzard put out blue posts to emphasize the fact that hunter's Barrage ONLY looked like it should pull everything from everywhere but was specifically focused on a relatively tight cone of damage in front of the hunter (though I wish Barrage would go back to that graphic appearance).

I haven't gotten any complaints over the past few days over my use of Barrage even though there were a few occasions when I did pull in something that I THOUGHT was out of my hunter's range. I did apologize each of those times but none of the others in my 5man randoms even acknowledged that in either way: some version of "YOU IDIOT!" or "That's OK, we survived" (which we did on each of those times).
Conner Of Gallifrey
I tend not to respond in instance chat these days as I'm usually running 3/4 of the group as my friends on vent; so apologies to the random folks out there I'm likely ignoring.
Yeah, I hate the new barrage animation. The old one was more representative.
I had a poor monk tank blame my resto druid for not keeping him alive during a dungeon run. He'd pulled too much stuff and couldn't hold aggro. Besides needing to heal myself from half the adds beating on me, I couldn't save him blowing all my cooldowns. We wiped. He suggested I 'use my healing buttons' and made a couple personal disparaging whispers. So I stopped healing him completely. He walked back twice before getting the hint. Thankfully there was another monk in the group that knew how to tank. We finished the dungeon using this second monk. I enjoyed the protests he flung my way the rest of the run. Icing on the cake was on the next random dungeon run I got the same two monks, though the second monk had queued as tank this time. I didn't heal that jerk on the second run either. He was quiet that second run. ;)
macnuke Afar
long runbacks tend to shut idiots up
good for you :up:
Thanks, though I was half expecting to get kicked. I was both amused and pleased by that. That meant at least one of his team mates knew he was a dick too. ;)

Tanks have a lot of discretion in dungeon runs. However healers have almost as much. My healer is the one that ends up enforcing the 'DPS doesn't pull' rule. I let them walk after one warning. Though there's some flexibility in this. Sometimes I've had groups where the tank is awesome and he's brought along a buddy (often a hunter using misdirect to tank and barrage) that pulls for him. If they're both good, a dungeon run can go smoothly and amazingly quickly. My rules macro which I use only after something bad happens, like a wipe is shown below:
/instance Rule 1 - Always follow the tank. Rule 2 - If the tank is wrong, see rule 1 and negotiate in instance chat. Rule 3 - If you pull as DPS without the tank's express consent in instance chat, plan on healing yourself.
I'm finding Demon Hunter tanking to be incredibly easy as long as I press the buttons in the right order. Glaive toss tags all mobs near the one you aimed for, when I need to pull groups back to me. I've got an AOE damage spell and ground effect spells to hold the mobs to me (even if DPS pulls), temporary damage mitigation (charge wards), self heal and several other situational spells. I watch my healers mana bars and they don't budge. My bet is Blizz will nerf this somehow. ;)
Conner Of Gallifrey
A DH nerf is inevitable. They are just shy of the unstoppable killing machines that DKs were during Wrath.

At one point we had a full wipe aside from the DH tank on a boss (yay mechanics!); and he was able to solo tank the boss from like 80 to 70% health without issue. Probably could have taken it all the way to 0 solo if we wanted to give him the 20 min to do so.
I added a new macro.
/instance Dismiss pets before jumping.
/instance Dismiss pets before jumping.

Its repeated so people are less likely to ignore it. I'm using it before every jump off. After all these years that's still a problem. I'm tired of typing it out every time or suffering the consequences instead. I might add lines later describing the spell name required to do the dismiss for each class.

One of my lowbie healers ran Mauradon and we jumped down the acid falls. I made sure to position myself so the mobs had to run through the tank to get to me. He was good enough to pick them all up so I wasn't squashed. This time it was a warlock that failed to dismiss her imp.

With a hunter, he has the opportunity to correct his error if he acts quickly. If he understands what he just did (admittedly unlikely if he didn't realize dismissing his pet was a good thing), he can feign death and clear the mobs, letting his pet die before popping back up. That only works as long as the healer didn't cast a heal during this time and get on the mobs threat table.

I learned the above technique a few years back when Blizzard claimed to have fixed this 'feature'. They said pets would now jump with their owners. I decided to test it. It seems that fix only applied in a few relatively benign situations.
macnuke Afar
very few instances.
as a 'lock..... i have learned over the years to dismiss or die.
then again, some tanks need training as well... unfortunately, they removed soul shatter lol

Last edited by macnuke on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:22 am.

In Draenor my mage had a group where the hunter did not dismiss his pet 3 times in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon, wiping us each of those times. He was told explicitly before that third time, so we had to kick him.

Possibly he was a player from Latin America or China who does not understand English well enough.

On my main--a marksman hunter--I'm using Lone Wolf so dismissing his pet isn't a problem.
I've advanced my hunter's leatherworking to the point that he has bought the first round of higher level leather/mail armor from a somewhat hidden vendor in Suramar*. While MOST of the purchases required just mats from skinning, there were a handful of mats from disenchanting, herbs, mining and jewelcrafting. Since I haven't advanced most of my other toons so far I had to go to the auction house for the last 3 (my mage is my enchanter and has been disenchanting all bind-when-equipped items that my hunter has picked up).

BUUUT...there is something odd: while all the recipes are just the 1-starred versions they ALL make just 815 item level pieces. While this will be useful when I eventually level up my monk and rogue to level 110, for my hunter all of these pieces are rather useless as his collective item level is now 829, having only a couple of days ago replaced his last under-800 item--a trinket. MAYBE the higher starred versions will be higher item levels? That would NOT match the pattern established by the lower-level LWing recipes (those had the same item level; the higher starred versions required fewer mats).

* There was an odd problem with the quest to find that vendor. When I picked up that quest to find him, I was running around in Suramar City where there are 3 citizens who are LWers. On my map I definitely had seen the marker showing the approximate location for completing the quest in that same region of Suramar City, but none of those 3 LWers ever responded. Apparently there was a hotfix which corrected that marker placement because sometime in subsequent days I finally noticed that that quest marker was moved to a point in the southwestern corner of the Suramar zone and well out of Suramar City. Good thing that I hadn't deleted that quest out of frustration.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20