Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Online now: Vulture
I haven’t played WoW in a few years, but I am totally going to play classic this summer. Ah, for the grind of running around the edge of the Tanaris area, mining mightily to sell on th AH to afford ones first mount.
macnuke Afar
hopefully all the stegs will be elite again. made that circle more fun.
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:
Champions are unlocked by doing the quest chains on the boat, i.e. lots of time on the opposition's island. Champions are harder to acquire than prior expansions. Hell everything is harder to acquire and requires more time played than past expansions. Its net effect is my alts languish as I work on my mains. I suspect that's intentional on Blizzard's part.

At least on the Horde side I believe that those calls to open up a "new" zone on Kul Tiras came when a toon got to levels 112, 114 and 118.

Yup, same thing on the Alliance side. Every two levels you get new quests to unlock a base (and a few flight points) in a new zone on the opposition's island. Then at 120 you get a looong quest chain to get your fifth champion. Trouble is these quest chains are effectively mandatory if you want to unlock all followers and their perks. They take long enough I've very little experience left to gain on my own island before I need to go back and do the next in the series.

For Alliance I strongly suggest doing the Drustvar zone quest chain first. That unlocks several useful flight points and unlocks the gates surrounding Waycrest Manor. Note the gates are always open for Horde. I've no strong opinion on which zones are better to finish first for Horde. Zulduzar quests seem least important though.

Note that if Waycrest Manor gates in Drustvar are locked and you really really want to get inside (badly enough you don't mind getting flagged for PvP), ride up to the Horde base (Krazzlefrazz Outpost) at coords 37,27. Ride straight through the Horde base and jump off the plateau to the right of the crashed rocket, hugging the mountain on your right. If you jump to stay as high on the mountain as you can, eventually you'll be able to bypass the gates and land on Manor lands.
Here are a couple of lists showing the invasion time AND locations, plus the new World Quest starting on that day (for that reason these lists start two days ago to include what are the currently active World Quest dailies):

For Horde:

06/06/19 05:00 PM#Voldun#Horde War Effort
06/07/19 12:00 PM#Drustvar#Tortollan Seekers
06/08/19 07:00 AM#Zuldazar#Zandalari Empire
06/09/19 02:00 AM#Tiragarde Sound#Talanji Expedition
06/09/19 09:00 PM#Nazmir#-----
06/10/19 04:00 PM#Stormsong Valley#Voldunai
06/11/19 11:00 AM#Voldun#Champions of Azeroth
06/12/19 06:00 AM#Drustvar#Horde War Effort
06/13/19 01:00 AM#Zuldazar#Tortollan Seekers
06/13/19 08:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#-----
06/14/19 03:00 PM#Nazmir#Zandalari Empire
06/15/19 10:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Talanji Expedition
06/16/19 05:00 AM#Voldun#Voldunai
06/17/19 12:00 AM#Drustvar#Champions of Azeroth
06/17/19 07:00 PM#Zuldazar#-----
06/18/19 02:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#Horde War Effort
06/19/19 09:00 AM#Nazmir#Tortollan Seekers
06/20/19 04:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Zandalari Empire
06/20/19 11:00 PM#Voldun#-----

For Alliance:

06/06/19 05:00 PM#Voldun#Alliance War Effort
06/07/19 12:00 PM#Drustvar#Tortollan Seekers
06/08/19 07:00 AM#Zuldazar#Proudmoore Admiralty
06/09/19 02:00 AM#Tiragarde Sound#Storm's Wake
06/09/19 09:00 PM#Nazmir#-----
06/10/19 04:00 PM#Stormsong Valley#Order of Embers
06/11/19 11:00 AM#Voldun#Champions of Azeroth
06/12/19 06:00 AM#Drustvar#Alliance War Effort
06/13/19 01:00 AM#Zuldazar#Tortollan Seekers
06/13/19 08:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#-----
06/14/19 03:00 PM#Nazmir#Proudmoore Admiralty
06/15/19 10:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Storm's Wake
06/16/19 05:00 AM#Voldun#Order of Embers
06/17/19 12:00 AM#Drustvar#Champions of Azeroth
06/17/19 07:00 PM#Zuldazar#-----
06/18/19 02:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#Alliance War Effort
06/19/19 09:00 AM#Nazmir#Tortollan Seekers
06/20/19 04:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Proudmoore Admiralty
06/20/19 11:00 PM#Voldun#-----

All times are PDT. I have replaced the tabs with #. Use your own method to import either or both lists into a spreadsheet or text editor of your choice so you will see separate columns.

Because the invasions are on a 19-hour schedule between start times, every three or four days a date will have the starts of TWO invasions. This is why in the third column there is a line of dashes to indicate that this line is NOT a new day.

I BELIEVE that in the list of World Quests that Blizzard regularly swaps between Zandalari Empire/Proudmoore Admiralty with Talanji Expedition/Storm's Wake every third or fourth cycle. Seeing that Talanji Expedition/Storm's Wake appears before the other pair in the World Quest column--I think that the next such swap will happen on June 20th--indicates that the order of the other four factions will be swapped around as well.

Having such lists enables a player to schedule ahead. For example, a Horde player could have held off of doing the Horde War Effort World Quest set that started on June 6th in order to do that in combination with the invasion of Zuldazar which began at 7 am this morning BUT waiting until after 8 am so that Zandalari Empire World Quest set became active, thus getting credit for an invasion and two World Quest sets by doing just one set of four quests.
Of course there are occasions when the scheduling does NOT work because of the timing.

For example as it happens today (June 9th) there is an invasion of Tiragarde Sound and the world quest set beginning today will be Proudmoore Admiralty, BUT that invasion starts at 2 am PDT thus ending at 9 am, and the world quest set begins at 8 am. In order to double-up with these an Alliance player only has an hour of overlap, so perhaps that player could get 2 or 3 of his Alliance toons through that double-up.
I looked at what each of my 120 Horde crafters could make for champions' addon (since otherwise Expulsoms seem to be all but useless considering that each of them have MUCH better gear than can be crafted using Expulsoms). All of the champions of my Horde toons have been equipped with Monelite Whetstones--for a 5% bonus on missions, only one per champion, purchasable from the Honorbound emissary for 200 War Resources--and now all of them have their second slot opened. Some of my crafters can make a profession-specific champions addon which can either provide a 5% bonus or some decrease in the time taken for a mission which hardly seems worth creating.

BTW: unless there is something that my Horde toons must do to increase the possible levels of their Heart of Azeroth necklaces, they all have maxxed it out at level 50.

My Alliance hunter is still working on faction reps, being only friendly with two of them, but then it has only been a week since she hit level 120.

My main hunter's leathercrafting has a champions addon which will gather random skins and leather with each successful mission. This toon's Resource Bank is already too full of such, so not needed.

Similarly my mage's tailoring has a champions addon for more cloth, and her enchanting has an addon for more dust. While not overbrimming with enchaning mats, she can tailor low level gear or (preferably) I could have my main hunter do the same and mail those gear pieces to my mage which she can disenchant into the same dust, so again not needed.

My BM hunter's engineering can make champions addons which can bring in azerite or FISH so again not needed. I was hoping for one that could bring in ore but I suppose that one is only for blacksmiths.

My demon hunter's alchemy can make a champions addon which can bring in herbs. This has possibilites even though one of the mats--a Hydrocore--to make the addon are relatively rare. As I have read in the comments on WoWhead.com a Hydrocore is a POSSIBLE drop from the final boss in heroic dungeons (being a guaranteed drop from the final boss in only the FIRST mythic or keyed dungeons per week). There is also the possibility to have a Tidalcore drop from the final boss in any final heroic or better dungeon, and it is cheap to convert a Tidalcore into a Hydrocore.

Even better all of these champions addons can be mailed to other toons. I don't know about you, but for me herbs and ore have been relatively rare finds throughout Battle while my hunter can just go outside of town to skin (as if he needed more).

So I guess I will be running my demon hunter through a LOT of heroic dungeons.
Blacksmiths can craft BoE whetstones that grant 10% increase mission success. They've been selling for good gold.
So how are folks getting along with the new Ashara phase of Battle?

I'm...getting indifferent. Sure, exciting for short while having two new zones to explore and two new factions to gain rep toward Battle flying, but last night while adventuring in Nazjatar and Mechagon we were TRYING to do the various world and other quests when on TOO MANY occasions we had to refer to WoWhead.com to get "further" explanations of what we needed to do for a particular quest.

-----

One particular problem for which WoWhead.com might NOT have helped is with the Nazjatar followers. Last night my main hunter toon got into an extended quest chain which involved having to run around doing various quests for the rebel leader of the Nightbourne who WAS in Suramar. My friend tolerated this but questioned whether or not this was necessary. Part of OUR problems was that we both had selected Poen <some last name> as our Nazjatar follower mostly because she helps to heal our party during fights, BUT because of mistiming between our adventuring HIS Poen was at level 7 while mine was at level 5 (this was before we had "figured" out that having the same follower helped because at least the locations for their quests towards their experience were closely aligned by location if not in the actual quests. My friend asked me how did I know that this quest was related to my follower, and I replied that the quest appeared ONLY after we had selected Poen as our follower for the day (annoyingly once chosen the selected follower will appear with your toon in Nazjatar for the rest of the WoW day i.e., resetting at 8 am PDT). I was thinking that we had done something like this set of quests some time before today, so I figured we had done it because HIS Poen is at a higher level than mine but he disagreed, saying that he didn't recall having done anything similar (ah, it occurs to me that maybe what I was recalling was what I had done while my friend was out sick).

Then when we finished our adventuring for last night, as it happened his Poen gained a new level (so now 8th). When we returned to Newhome, the Horde base in Nazjatar, he found a new quest which happened to be the same quest that I had gotten at the start of our adventuring.

So now we had to hash out what was happening. We finally came to the conclusion that what Blizzard is doing with those three Nazjatar followers is COLLECTIVELY tracking their levels so, say, while your follower A is now level 2 and B (Poen) is level 3 and C is level 2, your collective total is now 7, thus your follower quests of the day will be for THAT collective level. Since my friend was out sick for a day I had adventured in Nazjatar and apparently gained another level for my followers so he is still partially behind me (I guess to get better matched I should let him do a day alone in Nazjatar, but we are NOT going to do that as we both want NEED to qualify for flying in Battle).

I think that at the moment we are both at the collective follower level of 12.

-----

For Mechagon and especially for players withOUT flying for their toons (yet), I have this list of locations where the temporary Armory MAY appear around the island. One item of interest that is found at these Armories is an Anti-Grav Pack which will give your toon a 20-minute buff which allows self-flying only on Mechagon but you can reset that timer to the full 20 minutes by finding any Armory and again clicking on the Pack. Yesterday I took my main hunter to Mechagon with the intention of JUST checking for Armory locations (though I inadvertently completed one quest) modifying a list I collected from (again) WoWhead.com of possible locations. Below I have added some helpful notes:
Code:
/way 61.86 46.60   Bondo's Yard; is NOT part of locations below

/way 14.98 81.30   
/way 23.61 74.67   
/way 37.10 48.04   next to fishing trainer on west coast
/way 37.66 47.83   
/way 39.30 39.08   north of fishing trainer
/way 45.40 49.92   
/way 49.76 35.69   
/way 55.09 25.42   
/way 58.74 48.07
/way 59.67 23.73      
/way 66.38 35.32   just outside west exit from Prince's town
/way 69.00 49.37   
/way 71.28 66.95   
/way 71.95 50.65   
/way 73.70 24.39   Horde landing point   
/way 77.70 40.00   Alliance landing point
/way 77.87 50.51   
/way 79.24 56.54   
/way 79.95 48.30   
/way 81.66 62.89

Do note that the location within Bondo's Yard may appear concurrently with any of the other locations below. That one in Bondo's Yard seems to have a longer despawn timer of at least a half-hour while at the other locations the Armory may exist for as short as 6 minutes or as long as 15 (as far as I could tell).

As it happened during my Armory-hunt, I came across one location where the Armory spawned twice within a half-hour, so I strongly suspect that there is no set pattern for those locations other than NOT at the immediately previous location.

Apparently at least some (all?) of the locations MAY (DO?) require a toon to spend some number of Spare Parts and an Energy Cell to get it to fully form. During my Armory-hunt I came across two requiring me to spend such resources: the one at the Horde landing point and the one near the west exit from the Prince's city.

I guess I should note that I have NOT confirmed all of these locations (and I guess I will be unable to since their spawning locations seem to be mostly random).

EDIT: fixed some typos and added a bit in bold.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:26 pm.

macnuke Afar
i just leveled one and got him to 10.. don't see more xp bar on him.
the other two are at 200 each as I had two random drops that gave each 100xp.
so I continued the jaina quest line as i hit the3000 required.
I am 1300 rep short for waveblade and 3900 short on rustbelt.
then i can fly.

my rogue is still getting heavy junk boxes for ravenholt. I have 24K left with them to max the rep.

I will also be maxing these two reps as it will give me The Esteemed title with 100 reps maxed.
I also get https://www.wowhead.com/item=163982/pureheart-courser
macnuke posted:
[snip]

Ah, thanks, good to know that there is follower limit of 10 levels (neither my friend or I have followers that are beyond level 8). Obviously their collective levels will max at 30.

Your Nazjatar followers gain 300 "experience" for each level BUT I think they gain that only when your toon does those follower-specific quests. If you have a follower out you can click on him/her and estimate their current experience (I'm pretty sure that such comes only in clumps of 100 points) but on that same bar you should see that particular follower's current level, or check on (I think) the conch shell within the Horde or Alliance encampment in Nazjatar upon which you select your follower within Nazjatar for the new WoW day.

Both my friend and I are midway through Honored with the two factions, with me slightly ahead having done one more day's adventuring in Nazjatar.
I was going to post a NEW list of the cycle of Battle invasions plus World Quests beginning on a specific day, but Blizzard had changed the order of the latter. It appears to me that they will have a given order for the daily world quests but this will last for only two weeks so that in the "third" week there will be a re-ordering.

Here is a list for upcoming invasion zones:
Code:
07/07/19 02:00 PM   Tiragarde Sound
07/08/19 09:00 AM   Nazmir
07/09/19 04:00 AM   Stormsong Valley
07/09/19 11:00 PM   Voldun
07/10/19 06:00 PM   Drustvar
07/11/19 01:00 PM   Zuldazar
07/12/19 08:00 AM   Tiragarde Sound
07/13/19 03:00 AM   Nazmir
07/13/19 10:00 PM   Stormsong Valley
07/14/19 05:00 PM   Voldun
07/15/19 12:00 PM   Drustvar
07/16/19 07:00 AM   Zuldazar
07/17/19 02:00 AM   Tiragarde Sound
07/17/19 09:00 PM   Nazmir
07/18/19 04:00 PM   Stormsong Valley
07/19/19 11:00 AM   Voldun
07/20/19 06:00 AM   Drustvar
07/21/19 01:00 AM   Zuldazar
07/21/19 08:00 PM   Tiragarde Sound

An easy way to determine the ending time for an invasion is to look at the NEXT entry but flip AM to PM or vice versa, so the invasion for today (7/7) in Tiragarde Sound will end at 9 pm.
macnuke Afar
my mage has the mosts coins from the invasions the darkshore and arathi scenarios..
I run just so when I get the 750 i can get another mount.

the 400 gear is moot at this point.
I got flying two days ago. That ends the blinkered efforts with just one toon. I strongly suggest doing the rep grind with a demonhunter. Gliding around Nazjatar was very helpful. If anybody needs a ride someplace, just ask in game.

I'm currently working on alts. Getting the starter quests done, getting rank 2 and 3 gathering skills and best benthic armor pieces. Also waiting for the seahorse mount to become available again. I missed the earlier chances. Yeah, I'm getting tired of the new zones already.
macnuke Afar
I been passing the Benthic to my alts as well.
almost to where i will have to level to put the crap on.
but I will step into 385 gear mostly.... so there is that.
DEyncourt posted:
macnuke posted:
[snip]

Ah, thanks, good to know that there is follower limit of 10 levels (neither my friend or I have followers that are beyond level 8). Obviously their collective levels will max at 30.

Your Nazjatar followers gain 300 "experience" for each level BUT I think they gain that only when your toon does those follower-specific quests. If you have a follower out you can click on him/her and estimate their current experience (I'm pretty sure that such comes only in clumps of 100 points)
[snip]

Actually there are some follower quests which reward them with only 50 points.

-----

Last night my friend had a rather frustrating experience, the sort that might have sent me away from WoW for a day or two.

We were adventuring in Mechagon having completed all of the quests in Nazjatar. I suggested that we check the southern hills because yesterday I had spotted a quest giver that wasn't at all indicated on the map. Sure enough at /way 62.08 76.84 we found Pedram Mechanotrax (the same NPC as yesterday) with a rather simple quest of freeing the several trapped gnomes that were in the area mostly to his east. Upon finishing it we BOTH got the reward of a Blueprint that we were to take to the NPC Pascal K1N6 which would allow us to create our own Anti-Grav Packs so no more scurrying around looking for a random Armory! Yeah, yeah, we likely are not much more than a week away from earning general flying all around Battle, but we were glad to get this upgrade even if would be useful only on Mechagon and only for a short time.

Not having any flying at that moment (I do suspect that for whatever reasons yesterday Blizzard had shut down the system of having those Armories randomly spawn as we did not ever see any of them despite our checking around), we decided to use our whistles which would take us to the only Horde flypoint on Mechagon which in turn is only a short and safe ride to Pascal K1N6 inside the main town. I got there and promptly saw the yellow question mark over its head and turned in that quest, then set out to make 21 Anti-Grav Packs (that odd number just to check if they might be limited to only 20 per stack. They are not, so presumably up to 200 per stack) which only required a small number of Spare Parts to create each pack.

On the other hand my friend was puzzled. He did NOT see that question mark, and when he checked his quest log he discovered that he did not any Blueprint quests leading back to Pascal K1N6. For some odd reason apparently that quest got borked in his account. Just to check he rode back to Pedram Mechanotrax only to find that the NPC had no more quests for my friend. He even tried parking his main toon at the inn, logging into another toon then logging out, then logging back into his main just to check if that toon got mail from the Postmaster to correct his situation but that was no help.

Yeah, a situation where some might break a computer screen in frustration.
macnuke Afar
sad i was mistaken... grabbed my favorite follower....

and he hit level 11.
macnuke posted:

and he hit level 11.

Ah, thanks for that update. Maybe I could find the limitations upon the follower on WoWhead.com (UGH not that I object to WoWhead.com but upon Blizzard's reliance on the FREE participation of WoW players to provide such info that Blizzard itself should be paying for).

-----

This morning I decided to take advantage of my Anti-Grav Packs to cruise over Mechagon to look for "unreported" daily quests (blue explanation points) given that one poster at WoWhead.com recommended doing something like this to find such.

I THINK I found three of them (my uncertainty in that I think I got the last of these below just by arriving at Mechagon):
1) Do Not Drink--12 Stolen Oil recovered
2) Grounded--Aerial Patrol XZ-2 slain
3) <unknown title>--6 Mechagon treasures opened (not the actual quest log text). Some confusion on my part here because in my search for Mechagon daily quests I came across that number of treasures and thus erased this quest from my log before noting the details.

Of these the questgiver for #2 is located in the the NW corner of the island while the questgiver for #1 is in that area with caves north of Bondo's Yard near the center of the island. My apologies for not writing down the questgivers' map locations.

-----

So my friend actually put in a complaint about that missing Blueprint (which was surprising considering his past experiences with such), AND he got a response from Blizzard.

That Blizzard GM wrote back that upon the checking the log from two nights ago for my friend's main toon that he could not find a record of that toon killing Rustfeather on Mechagon so he could not give my friend that Blueprint for the Anti-Grav Pack.

Here's the thing: I DO recall the details very clearly. Two nights ago my friend's main toon and my main toon were on the southern hills of Mechagon looking for NPC Pedram Mechanotrax to get his quest (my having spotted him and his daily quest earlier that day) but on our way to his location we spotted the gold star for a silver wreath on our Minimap and decided to go for that first. We located Rustfeather (at /way 66.11 78.81 which you should note is some distance from Pedram's /way 62.08 76.84) and killed that (though a rather easy kill my main toon did not do that all by himself), receiving some Rustbolt Resistance rep for getting our first kills on Rustfeather plus assorted vendor trash and some gold but NO Blueprints. THEN we went to Pedram and completed his quest, and it was only THEN that we...well, I actually got the Blueprint for the Anti-Grav Pack.

Long after telling me about his dissatisfactory GM experience we completed our list of available quests found on Mechagon when I told my friend that I would check Pedram's location to see if he was there with another quest. He was NOT there, but a bit north and further down the hillside from Pedram's location was another NPC with a daily quest for another task. We completed that daily and my friend decided to use his ring to transfer to the docks of Dazar'alor, but I checked further upward on the hill and there I found Rustfeather. I looked around for my friend's toon (heraldry works! I ALWAYS have difficulty trying to find his shaman's dark blue dot on most maps which too often have dark colored backgrounds) and failed to find him, so I asked him where he was (which was getting his toon ready to bed down on the Horde ship in Dazar'alor Harbor). I told him to get back to Mechagon because I found Rustfeather. He was reluctant to give that beastie another try being already tired, but he consented.

We had a spot of anxiety because on my server I saw that an Alliance mage had rode in on the ground to NEAR Rustfeather, but apparently that player used Search-for-Group to find one attacking Rustfeather because her toon faded away before casting any spells.

We quickly downed Rustfeather and I did not even try to loot the body just in case there was some weird bug that cause his problem of not getting the Blueprint, but my friend got that Blueprint for the Anti-Grav Pack! We whistled to get back to town as quickly as possible and he turned in that Blueprint then quickly burned through his Spare Parts to make a total of 30 Anti-Grav Packs. Hmm...I seem to recall that when I made them the previous night they cost only 20 Spare Parts to make a set of 3 Packs, but NOW that set of 3 costs 200 Spare Parts.

-----

BTW: you might note that the Darkmoon Faire's Carousel (and its Roller Coaster) awards an hour-long 10% buff to experience and to ANY reputation. That buff disappears should your toon die at any time, but note that the 10% bonus even applies to your champions when they complete any adventure which rewards reputation, so instead of 150 rep points your toon will get 165.

Also note that the addition happens at the time when your toon collects his/her rewards for completing a quest. This isn't particularly helpful for the World Quests as they get rewarded at the moment of completion, but if you are like me and still do not have Battle flying yet it is worthwhile to take a side trip to Darkmoon Faire to get that rep bonus before turning in all Nazjatar and Mechagon quests.
macnuke posted:

and he hit level 11.

Just to make sure: was your follower's experience bar STILL gone despite earning a new level, or did you not check for that bar at all? And is that bar gone NOW?
macnuke Afar
it wasn't there at 10...i logged..
then when i chose him again.. there it was.... so i thought oh well.. i will max the last bit of level 10...
then i turned in a follower quest.. he flashed and there it was into 11.
The WoWhead.com page for checking to see how close any one of your toons are to flying in Battle. If you put in a name of any toon other than your main toon who you have working on Nazjatar and Mechagon reps, then you will see which tasks your main toon have 100% completed but only that individual toon's progress in any tasks which are not yet 100% done.

My friend and I were late going to Mechagon so we only have getting that rep task to Revered to complete. At about 1.0-1.6 K rep available per day (in large part depending upon which silver wreaths appear since in Mechagon [and probably in Nazjatar too but we both have Revered rep there] only your first kill of any particular silver wreath counts towards rep), my friend is likely only 2 days away from flying while I probably will take a day longer.
Incidentally Blizzard has been increasing the cost for making a set of 3 Anti-Grav Packs.

When I first got that Blueprint three nights ago, it was 20 Spare Parts per set.

The next morning it was 200 Spare Parts.

When my friend first became eligible for making the Anti-Grav Packs (early morning yesterday), they cost 200 Spare Parts and 1 Energy Cell.

Late yesterday (meaning at around 3 am PDT this morning) they cost 200 Spare Parts and 2 Energy Cells.

I haven't checked into Mechagon yet today.

-----

Just FYI: if you exit the Mechagon zone in any way, then you immediately lose the effect of the Anti-Grav Pack if you have one active.

-----

We ran into a small problem with the Anti-Grav Pack. If you have one active, when you land on water (even on shallow-seeming puddles) then you CANNOT go underwater with it active. This means that you cannot fight anything because technically you are "still" flying.

While my friend clicked on the Anti-Grav buff in his buff bar to dismiss it, I found that when on the water's surface you can click on any mount then click on it again to dismiss it. While my method does take longer, this saves the remaining time on your current Anti-Grav buff.
macnuke Afar
and when you get your rep up to fly. it's moot... you won't ever make one again.
macnuke posted:
and when you get your rep up to fly. it's moot... you won't ever make one again.

Well, my friend pointed out that the Anti-Grav Belt does have some advantages that are NOT available for other mounts while of course only usable on Mechagon:

1) to be used, all you must do with your toon is do a double-jump which is MUCH shorter than the usual spell that a toon must cast to invoke any other mount.

2) a toon can hover only slightly above the ground AND do things to items on the ground like open a chest or farm an herb WITHOUT dismounting. I think that recently Blizzard has lessened this advantage a bit by making SOME surrounding hostile NPCs able to attack such a low-flying toon.

3) unlike ALL other mounts there is next-to-nothing obscuring the ground during use and the Anti-Grav Belt doesn't have the bad habit of bouncing up-and-down and/or side-to-side like nearly all winged flying mounts.

I had liked the flying disk from Pandaria for being the best at not covering much of the ground underneath and not swinging at all, but Blizzard since then changed that mount so that it is now surrounded by a much wider cloud of mist under the disk.

It is because those problem I use the Headless Horseman mount as my go-to for most of my toons.

BTW: upon the release of this new phase of the game all of my toons which are level 110 or above got a mount addon which allows NEARLY all of them to water walk (I believe this is a benefit for getting to exalted with Nat Pagle in each phase of WoW up to Battle in which Nat Pagle scarcely exists). Unfortunately one of the exceptions is the Sky Golem which is my preference for all toons who are herbalists because the Sky Golem allows for herb farming WITHOUT disspelling that mount (even though the Sky Golem annoyingly wavers from side-to-side during flight).

The weird other exception is the Azure Water Glider. It can still water-walk in all parts of the game OUTSIDE of Battle.

-----

Last night on Mechagon for whatever reasons the cumulative rep for that day was JUST over 2K, so my friend got his rep with the Rustbold Resistance into Revered upon turning in our last quest we had there. Unfortunately for me I am still about 700 rep points short, so I expect to be able to fly throughout Battle midway through working on Mechagon quests tonight.
He lorded his flying ability over me for only a bit. :lol:
Yeah, the Headless Horseman mount remains the least annoying flying mount. I'm kinda tired of it though. I've been using the Cenarion Hippogryph some.

Tell your buddy he has to fly you around on one of the two person mounts.
macnuke Afar
as an engineer i tend to fly the copters.

mimi's head is what i use the most. but I will pull out the epic with the hula girl on the dash once in a while.
Kirk posted:
[snip]
Tell your buddy he has to fly you around on one of the two person mounts.

Sure, but he never got that mount which turns your toon into a dragon which can be ridden by another player (mostly because the only way to get it--aside from paying a lot of gold for the recipe--is by doing Archeology in Uldum. He has never worked on Archeology except to do enough to decide that it wasn't for him). I believe that is the only flying multi-player mount while there are several like the mammoth that can accomodate up to 3 players but without flying.

-----

I just had a "What? AaaieeEEEEE!!!" moment.

For some unknown reason last night my demon hunter had a flag on her character screen saying that her Heart of Azeroth amulet had a change. I opened up that subscreen to find that she could invoke her first improvement on that amulet but only by going to the Essence Forge underneath Magni in Silithus. It was for Perseverance which would boost her Stamina by 3% so not an unimportant improvement.

So I sent her to Silithus and tried to click on that Perseverance with her Heart of Azeroth subscreen open after opening her character screen, but nothing happened. I complained about this to my friend, but since he had finished up running through his toons he was waiting for me to join him on his main toon at Mechagon, I put my demon hunter away for then and got on my main hunter.

Within the past half-hour or so I ran through my 120s to get their champions out adventuring again and saw that flag. I had to send my demon hunter up to the Great Seal anyway so I sent her on the side trip to Silithus and the Essence Forge. Again, nothing happened when I clicked on the Perseverance improvement.

So off to WoWhead.com I go. I found this page which apparently has ALL of the collected info on the Heart of Azeroth (too much actually for any one sitting). I scanned through it. Huh, that particular Perseverance buff is supposed to be available only when a toon has reached level 53 in Artifact Power but my demon hunter has only level 52. Perhaps the info I needed IS there, but being impatient I just went back to the game to think about what I might try next.

Again I had my demon hunter climb atop of the Essence Forge, then open her character screen then open the Heart of Azeroth subscreen. No change.

I scanned around that chamber. Perhaps either Magni or MOTHER there would have some suggestions, but neither had anything for me.

I was about to give up in frustration but I tried something else: what if I had my demon hunter NOT open her character screen but while standing atop of the Essence Forge try clicking on the Forge?

Her Heart of Azeroth subscreen opened. I was able to click on Perseverance to activate it.

What? AaaieeEEEEE!!!
Oh, let me point out that I got to Exalted with Nat Pagle in all phases of WoW only with my main toon. I MIGHT have done so with others but that wasn't intentional.
I have the recipe for the sandstone drake on my alliance alchemist on Icecrown. If you've got a level 80 or higher alliance alt on Icecrown I can make it for you. Though if you keep checking the auction house, you'll likely eventually find it for sale cheaper than I can make it.
macnuke Afar
I have the recipe on Turalyon as well.
My friend pointed out the Love Rocket being another two-player flying mount. Neither he nor I have that despite me having sent nearly all my toons who were capable of doing the Valentines holiday dungeon into that every February.
BTW: flying in Nazjatar almost feels like cheating.

I sent my Alliance hunter into Nazjatar now that the rep pressure on our mains is done.
macnuke Afar
DEyncourt posted:
BTW: flying in Nazjatar almost feels like cheating.

I sent my Alliance hunter into Nazjatar now that the rep pressure on our mains is done.

I want to max the rep. so it's nice not having to spend all day looking for random human waste or getting thru some of the mobs.
drop in from above. do quests.. fly out.
fast rep for the long grind.
Kirk posted:
I have the recipe for the sandstone drake on my alliance alchemist on Icecrown. If you've got a level 80 or higher alliance alt on Icecrown I can make it for you. Though if you keep checking the auction house, you'll likely eventually find it for sale cheaper than I can make it.

macnuke posted:
I have the recipe on Turalyon as well.

My thanks to you both for your offers. Neither of us have any high enough toons on Icecrown or Turalyon servers.

-----

Hey, does anyone know what has happened to Mumble on Macs?

My friend has a Mumble server available but it had been years since we last TRIED to use it, using our Vonage phones to talk with each other.

At first I had a problem in that when I tried to start up Mumble on my MBP, it would immediately stop and report an error to be sent back to Apple. My friend found something on the Mumble support pages which gave a fix for Macs using MacOS 10.14.x Mojave in particular but he doesn't have a Mac so he pointed me to that.

Hey, I applied the suggestion at that page and I could get Mumble to start up! On the other hand that meant I had to buy a new USB headset because my old headsets were so broken that I would need three hands to hold either of them in place (even if I didn't mind the bare headphone for the ear because the foam covers had deteriorated).

So I got a new one, but when I fired up Mumble with the new headset connected I could not hear anything. When I brought up the Sound system control panel, I could see that when I selected the headset for my both input and output devices that the sound bar in each was working, but when I used Mumble's Audio Wizard nothing seemed to work that would allow me to hear or say anything through the headset.

I took a deeper dive into Mac support. It looks like that for YEARS there has been an ongoing problem with Mumble on Macs, AND unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any resolution to these problems. In particular on one help page there was one distressed WoW player who had the problem that his guild was using Mumble but he could not find an answer to his problems, with the string basically ending there. I found several pages like that.

Worse, my friend and I decided to try both Skype and Discord. After some initial setup problems (he had a version of Discord that supported only text, and I had never used Skype, period, having had no previous need for it), we got both of them to work. Given that we gave both programs tries that lasted for several hours, we will probably settle on Skype as being less problematic (my friend reported that several times Discord would change MY volume to VERY LOUD as to distort what he heard).

Obviously the problem for Mumble isn't with my new headset.

So anyone know about any Mumble fixes for Macs?
macnuke Afar
Know I don't use the latest that all the "cool kids" use.
we used vent thru Wrath for raiding and was great.
I have used the in game chat on occasion and it's not shabby... it's just not what the kool kids use cause to "eats resources"
now they all want you to hit their channel...
think i will pass on something like that.

on another note... was doing the scrap daily over in Mech. the one where you click the dohickey he gives yo and the scrap pops outa the ground... you can hover along with the anti gravity and clic to your hearts content and watch all your items jump up to your bag.
Here's a tiny quality of gameplay thing that I hadn't noticed until earlier this year: did you know that you can vary the location and position that your toon will be in when he/she uses a hearthstone?

My usual though lazy habit was to click on the innkeeper as soon as I got close enough to that innkeeper inside that inn that I wanted to use for my base.

BUT you can do this: position your toon close to the door AND facing the door. If needed back up towards the innkeeper until you are close enough to click on him/her to set your hearthstone to that inn. After doing this then the next time you use your hearthstone you will be in that same location and position, although note that when you use your hearthstone to get back to that inn that your POV will be the same, so if you were viewing your toon from the front then you will see your toon from the front inside of the inn.

For example: in Boralus in the main(?) inn near the area with all of the profession trainers, you can position your toon facing outward towards the inn's door so that you don't have to turn around to get out of that inn. Sure, that doesn't take long so this is a TINY difference, but I have found the change to be significant.

Unfortunately that innkeeper is too far from the door to do the very best thing which I have done with all of my Horde toons based in Orgrimmar. In the Valley of Wisdom where the Tauren "village" is, is what I consider to be the best bank and guild bank and auction house combo because you can access these without having to dismount which you cannot do at most banks/guild banks/AHs in Org (there is an "outside" bank/guild bank in the Troll "village" in the Valley of Wisdom but there the inn there is "downstairs"). The inn in the Valley of Wisdom is also the best because you can position your toon just outside of the door facing outward such that when you "arrive" after using your hearthstone you can immediately click on your mount to ride/fly to where you need to go.
Hmm...something I thought about while adventuring in Mechagon.

While my friend and I were in a party on our mains, most often only one toon or the other would get a Blueprint when killing one of the Silver Wreaths (though usually not getting any at all). On VERY rare occasions both of our toons each got a Blueprint simultaneously BUT those Blueprints had ALWAYS been different.

So MAYBE Blizzard had some mechanism such that only one party member could get a specific Blueprint during any one Silver Wreath kill?

Maybe we will give that a try that when we have other toons on Mechagon and come up against Rustfeather.

-----

We figured out how to get the Crazed Trogg in the cave on the NW peninsula of Mechagon to aggro on you since by default he is green and all-but-ignores your toons (and, no, we did not get this info from WoWhead.com).

You must go into his cave and read his comments for a bit. One of them will mention that he hates either orange, blue or green. We had thought that the small pools of color inside his cave were important but those never change from blue and two greens that we have seen (or perhaps he always hates orange?).

In Bondo's Yard there is a circle which features 3 NPCs each of whom will spray-paint your toon either orange, blue or green.

Get yourself appropriately painted there then head back.

Do note that the Crazed Trogg does do a small-area but somewhat long-lasting stun which is more than enough to cover most of the floor within his cave, so the best thing to do is pull him out of there. If you are in a party then position yourselves around the Crazed Trogg so that if he can stun some of you then the rest can carry on with the fight.

I do not know if it is necessary for ALL party members to be appropriately painted, but I can imagine that maybe the Crazed Trogg will go back to neutral if that sole toon in the "wrong" color gets stunned or dies, perhaps with the Trogg pleading to the others: "Why you hit me? You not orange/blue/green" as he walks back into his cave.

I wonder if the programmers at Blizzard might have the Crazed Trogg do something else if your toon goes into his cave wearing one of the colors he does NOT hate?
macnuke Afar
loot is individual now.... you will get a pattern one day and your party member either won't or its different.... rarely the same. but if you have it already... the odds of a duplicate dropping are pretty low although it can happen in theory.
macnuke posted:
loot is individual now.... you will get a pattern one day and your party member either won't or its different.... rarely the same. but if you have it already... the odds of a duplicate dropping are pretty low although it can happen in theory.

Um, sure, but I was talking about how 4 days ago both he and I got on our main toons SIMULTANEOUSLY got the Blueprint for the Anti-Grav Belt. You can read my post here where in the third section I described the exact circumstances but let me emphasize that we were both celebrating having gotten those Blueprints. Then when he couldn't find that Blueprint to turn it in to Pascal K1N6 and later complained to game support, he got a totally inadequate explanation which didn't match at all what had happened to us both.

-----

Last night (7/13) my friend and I decided to send another pair of toons into Nazjatar. He chose his mage so I selected my BM hunter as a match to partly compensate how sometimes any mage will have inadequate firepower in some fights. We got them through the opening sections and opened up the daily World Quests along with the usual set of assorted dailies that went with our new Nazjatari followers. At a couple of points we were JUST short of yelling at each other because of an odd problem that cropped up.

While just starting to go through those quests we had that set of skulls appear across the map marking the locations of Nazjatari elites. From the past we knew that it was likely that some group of players would begin to clean them out going from west to east especially now that flying toons are becoming more common, so our dialog went something like this:

HIM: OK, let go get Archmage So-n-so <the exact name isn't important>.

ME: Wait, who is that one?

HIM: Can't you see the name of the elites by moving your cursor on it?

ME: Ummm, no, I can't.

HIM (exasperated): You just have to put your cursor on top of it!

ME (frustrated): HEY! I told you it's not working. There are whole areas on my map covered with bluish fields.

<Those bluish fields were for the quest "Requisition: We Need It All", but because this happened just as we were starting our Nazjatar World Quest grind, we hadn't picked up any of the pieces so about 2/3rds of my map was covered in blue. That overlap meant that putting my cursor over any skull that coincided with those blue fields did nothing>

HIM (more exasperated): So ALL you have to DO is select another quest and then those fields will disappear!

ME (even more frustrated): I've TRIED that but that hasn't helped!

HIM: Are you sure??? Shoot, the Archmage So-n-so's skull just disappeared. Let's head to Speaker Whachamacallit....

ME: Wait, which one is that?

Yeah, yeah, I should have just followed our beginning strategy of going west-to-east, but I was also trying to figure out what had happened with my game.

My friend blamed the fact that I was on a Mac, but I pointed out that on previous days this hadn't been a problem. During this incident I even quit the game with my toon out in the field, telling my friend that I was trying that in hopes of getting my game to fully reset, but that didn't help.

By the time we attempted and FAILED to sort out MY problems, 3 of the skulls had disappeared. We were able to join the fight over the next-to-last skull then accompanied the mixed group to kill the last skull in the SE part of Nazjatar.

MUCH later when a solitary skull appeared, that time the SAME problem was on my friend's computer (a Windows machine) and NOT on my Mac. I got no satisfaction from that still being frustrated overall.

I dunno. Maybe Blizzard was trying out some odd changes but decided to try them during the wee hours of the PDT morning?

Still not quite so frustrated to quit WoW...but getting there.
So after completely disappearing for several days, this morning the Armories of Mechagon made a return.

I had deleted my list which was in the third section of this post, thinking that the armories had gone away for good.

This time I will note which locations I had confirmed by myself and probably add that notation to the link above.
To be sure: I spotted THREE different armories in different locations: in the Horde landing zone, near the west exit from the Prince's town, and inside Bondo's Yard. In all three cases these were "unconstructed" thus were awaiting some generous player to spend his Spare Parts and Energy Cells to construct them (this was just after noon today).

Perhaps these three will be the only locations at which the armories will spawn (well, probably plus the one in the Alliance landing zone which I did not see with my Alliance hunter). And perhaps these may persist for longer than a dozen or so minutes.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19