Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Online now: maurvir
I haven’t played WoW in a few years, but I am totally going to play classic this summer. Ah, for the grind of running around the edge of the Tanaris area, mining mightily to sell on th AH to afford ones first mount.
macnuke Afar
hopefully all the stegs will be elite again. made that circle more fun.
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:
Champions are unlocked by doing the quest chains on the boat, i.e. lots of time on the opposition's island. Champions are harder to acquire than prior expansions. Hell everything is harder to acquire and requires more time played than past expansions. Its net effect is my alts languish as I work on my mains. I suspect that's intentional on Blizzard's part.

At least on the Horde side I believe that those calls to open up a "new" zone on Kul Tiras came when a toon got to levels 112, 114 and 118.

Yup, same thing on the Alliance side. Every two levels you get new quests to unlock a base (and a few flight points) in a new zone on the opposition's island. Then at 120 you get a looong quest chain to get your fifth champion. Trouble is these quest chains are effectively mandatory if you want to unlock all followers and their perks. They take long enough I've very little experience left to gain on my own island before I need to go back and do the next in the series.

For Alliance I strongly suggest doing the Drustvar zone quest chain first. That unlocks several useful flight points and unlocks the gates surrounding Waycrest Manor. Note the gates are always open for Horde. I've no strong opinion on which zones are better to finish first for Horde. Zulduzar quests seem least important though.

Note that if Waycrest Manor gates in Drustvar are locked and you really really want to get inside (badly enough you don't mind getting flagged for PvP), ride up to the Horde base (Krazzlefrazz Outpost) at coords 37,27. Ride straight through the Horde base and jump off the plateau to the right of the crashed rocket, hugging the mountain on your right. If you jump to stay as high on the mountain as you can, eventually you'll be able to bypass the gates and land on Manor lands.
Here are a couple of lists showing the invasion time AND locations, plus the new World Quest starting on that day (for that reason these lists start two days ago to include what are the currently active World Quest dailies):

For Horde:

06/06/19 05:00 PM#Voldun#Horde War Effort
06/07/19 12:00 PM#Drustvar#Tortollan Seekers
06/08/19 07:00 AM#Zuldazar#Zandalari Empire
06/09/19 02:00 AM#Tiragarde Sound#Talanji Expedition
06/09/19 09:00 PM#Nazmir#-----
06/10/19 04:00 PM#Stormsong Valley#Voldunai
06/11/19 11:00 AM#Voldun#Champions of Azeroth
06/12/19 06:00 AM#Drustvar#Horde War Effort
06/13/19 01:00 AM#Zuldazar#Tortollan Seekers
06/13/19 08:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#-----
06/14/19 03:00 PM#Nazmir#Zandalari Empire
06/15/19 10:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Talanji Expedition
06/16/19 05:00 AM#Voldun#Voldunai
06/17/19 12:00 AM#Drustvar#Champions of Azeroth
06/17/19 07:00 PM#Zuldazar#-----
06/18/19 02:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#Horde War Effort
06/19/19 09:00 AM#Nazmir#Tortollan Seekers
06/20/19 04:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Zandalari Empire
06/20/19 11:00 PM#Voldun#-----

For Alliance:

06/06/19 05:00 PM#Voldun#Alliance War Effort
06/07/19 12:00 PM#Drustvar#Tortollan Seekers
06/08/19 07:00 AM#Zuldazar#Proudmoore Admiralty
06/09/19 02:00 AM#Tiragarde Sound#Storm's Wake
06/09/19 09:00 PM#Nazmir#-----
06/10/19 04:00 PM#Stormsong Valley#Order of Embers
06/11/19 11:00 AM#Voldun#Champions of Azeroth
06/12/19 06:00 AM#Drustvar#Alliance War Effort
06/13/19 01:00 AM#Zuldazar#Tortollan Seekers
06/13/19 08:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#-----
06/14/19 03:00 PM#Nazmir#Proudmoore Admiralty
06/15/19 10:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Storm's Wake
06/16/19 05:00 AM#Voldun#Order of Embers
06/17/19 12:00 AM#Drustvar#Champions of Azeroth
06/17/19 07:00 PM#Zuldazar#-----
06/18/19 02:00 PM#Tiragarde Sound#Alliance War Effort
06/19/19 09:00 AM#Nazmir#Tortollan Seekers
06/20/19 04:00 AM#Stormsong Valley#Proudmoore Admiralty
06/20/19 11:00 PM#Voldun#-----

All times are PDT. I have replaced the tabs with #. Use your own method to import either or both lists into a spreadsheet or text editor of your choice so you will see separate columns.

Because the invasions are on a 19-hour schedule between start times, every three or four days a date will have the starts of TWO invasions. This is why in the third column there is a line of dashes to indicate that this line is NOT a new day.

I BELIEVE that in the list of World Quests that Blizzard regularly swaps between Zandalari Empire/Proudmoore Admiralty with Talanji Expedition/Storm's Wake every third or fourth cycle. Seeing that Talanji Expedition/Storm's Wake appears before the other pair in the World Quest column--I think that the next such swap will happen on June 20th--indicates that the order of the other four factions will be swapped around as well.

Having such lists enables a player to schedule ahead. For example, a Horde player could have held off of doing the Horde War Effort World Quest set that started on June 6th in order to do that in combination with the invasion of Zuldazar which began at 7 am this morning BUT waiting until after 8 am so that Zandalari Empire World Quest set became active, thus getting credit for an invasion and two World Quest sets by doing just one set of four quests.
Of course there are occasions when the scheduling does NOT work because of the timing.

For example as it happens today (June 9th) there is an invasion of Tiragarde Sound and the world quest set beginning today will be Proudmoore Admiralty, BUT that invasion starts at 2 am PDT thus ending at 9 am, and the world quest set begins at 8 am. In order to double-up with these an Alliance player only has an hour of overlap, so perhaps that player could get 2 or 3 of his Alliance toons through that double-up.
I looked at what each of my 120 Horde crafters could make for champions' addon (since otherwise Expulsoms seem to be all but useless considering that each of them have MUCH better gear than can be crafted using Expulsoms). All of the champions of my Horde toons have been equipped with Monelite Whetstones--for a 5% bonus on missions, only one per champion, purchasable from the Honorbound emissary for 200 War Resources--and now all of them have their second slot opened. Some of my crafters can make a profession-specific champions addon which can either provide a 5% bonus or some decrease in the time taken for a mission which hardly seems worth creating.

BTW: unless there is something that my Horde toons must do to increase the possible levels of their Heart of Azeroth necklaces, they all have maxxed it out at level 50.

My Alliance hunter is still working on faction reps, being only friendly with two of them, but then it has only been a week since she hit level 120.

My main hunter's leathercrafting has a champions addon which will gather random skins and leather with each successful mission. This toon's Resource Bank is already too full of such, so not needed.

Similarly my mage's tailoring has a champions addon for more cloth, and her enchanting has an addon for more dust. While not overbrimming with enchaning mats, she can tailor low level gear or (preferably) I could have my main hunter do the same and mail those gear pieces to my mage which she can disenchant into the same dust, so again not needed.

My BM hunter's engineering can make champions addons which can bring in azerite or FISH so again not needed. I was hoping for one that could bring in ore but I suppose that one is only for blacksmiths.

My demon hunter's alchemy can make a champions addon which can bring in herbs. This has possibilites even though one of the mats--a Hydrocore--to make the addon are relatively rare. As I have read in the comments on WoWhead.com a Hydrocore is a POSSIBLE drop from the final boss in heroic dungeons (being a guaranteed drop from the final boss in only the FIRST mythic or keyed dungeons per week). There is also the possibility to have a Tidalcore drop from the final boss in any final heroic or better dungeon, and it is cheap to convert a Tidalcore into a Hydrocore.

Even better all of these champions addons can be mailed to other toons. I don't know about you, but for me herbs and ore have been relatively rare finds throughout Battle while my hunter can just go outside of town to skin (as if he needed more).

So I guess I will be running my demon hunter through a LOT of heroic dungeons.
Blacksmiths can craft BoE whetstones that grant 10% increase mission success. They've been selling for good gold.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sporadic WiFi problems with sporadic Warcraft

Page: 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18