well it's not really drm...

Online now: Google [Bot]
Only new copies of Gears 2 will get certain maps

Quote:
GamePro is reporting that packaged into new copies of the game is a code to allow you to download five updated maps from the original, but then that content is locked to your console, not the game; people buying the title used will have no way to access the maps. Epic is claiming the maps will not be offered as free or for-pay updates to the game after it has launched.

Here are the extra, classic, maps:

* Canals
* Gridlock
* Mansion
* Subway
* Tyro Station

And that people is how much console game makers hate you and your filthy used games. And for people like Gippy/Puds who have 2 systems, they'll need two new copies, and they will also need to make sure their consoles never die because the content links to the console, not to the bloody gamertag like it should.

I wonder if at any point the people signing off on this said "nah, they dont need a dick THAT big in their ass"
That did it for me after the UT3 "no user content on 360" debacle.

Bye, Epic.
I dont see anywhere official that it links to your console... not your Gamertag.

I dont think Epic is dumb enough to lock them to a console... and like any download content, it will probably be tied to your gamertag... so if you need to swap consoles you'll be able to redownload it.
dv
This will work on anybody who paid money for a MW4 Expansion Pack.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Phydeaux wrote:

Bye, Epic.

That wasn't Epic's fault. M$ won't let'em have the needed access to the hardware.

This won't last long. The first few RRoDs after GoW2 will force a policy change if it is indeed locked to hardware. Epic will have to give out new codes or something, maybe the work around M$ has posted on how to get your DLC back after a RRoD will work.

As for Gip & Puds they'd have to buy two games anyway if they want to play together. I mean used GoW2 won't be out right away.

I agree it is a WTF moment. Lets hope customer out cry will be loud enough to hear.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:

Bye, Epic.

That wasn't Epic's fault. M$ won't let'em have the needed access to the hardware.

This won't last long. The first few RRoDs after GoW2 will force a policy change if it is indeed locked to hardware. Epic will have to give out new codes or something, maybe the work around M$ has posted on how to get your DLC back after a RRoD will work.

As for Gip & Puds they'd have to buy two games anyway if they want to play together. I mean used GoW2 won't be out right away.

I agree it is a WTF moment. Lets hope customer out cry will be loud enough to hear.

Yes I'm thinking of doubling the chance that one of two consoles will break thus screwing the both from playing the maps.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:

To which Epic should've suspended development and said "well if we can't have a AAA title to make us both boatloads of money, we're not releasing it. We'll question this boatload of money for 360 exclusivity for Gears, too."

Would MS laugh at them? Possibly. Was Epic throwing money out the window on UT3 360 because of it though? Yes.

I'll eventually buy it. Used at $20. I certainly have fun playing with the user mods on the PS3 and feel that was worth the price I paid for it because what can be done with the game is infinite as far as mods, models and skins go. I was hoping to see the popularity explode if the 360 jumped on the scene, though, and we'd see the UT'99 craziness all over again.
I'm amazed these companies think they'll generate more revenue using these tactics than the players they'll lose due to its stupidity.
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
let me tell you, the drm on spore has proven very exhausting for me. I seriously believe that the only thing drm limits are the actual owners of the game, not the haxors. After almost 2 weeks of of stick fiddling with EA and securerom, I finally got my game to work again, and there was no help from EA or securerom. I am wasted. Next time an EA game comes out I think I will just pirate the mofo.
Welcome to the conclusion we all came to already :)

Its good to have you in the club!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

well it's not really drm...