The Force Unleashed: For PS3...and PS2 as well?

Online now: Bing (sucks)
Dan Airman Dan
I bought a copy at BJ's today for my PS3. Right alongside it was a PS2 version for nearly half the price, with the exact same box and slightly different screenshots on the back.

What, pray tell, is the difference between the PS2 and PS3 editions? Did I just pay twice the price for ...well, what did I just pay twice the price for?
FutureDreamz Matthew 5:5
Banned User(s)
Über graphics?
A bunch of bux?
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I guess I will eventually have to pick it up for PS2 then, along with Lego Batman.
You paid for StarWars Force Unleashed? what the fiddlesticks were you absorbing rectally?
aside from marc's sentiment of which I share (reviews are showing that only the most hardcore fan will enjoy it), the ps2 version can't take advantage of the massive physics engine they built for the PS360 versions
oh, and probably trophy and motion control support, but that's just a guess
Biggest problem for me is, I heard it only takes a couple of hours to finish.

I prefer the Resident Evil approach ... massive investments of time are required, and you never know where you'll end up.
Half the price? You sure? I'm seeing it for like 50 and the ps3 version is 60.

Regardless, if you were going to buy either version, the PS3 is the one you'd have wanted to get since you have a PS3. Apparently the load times are also a tad on the unbearable side for the PS2.

Shoot, depending on how new your PS3 is, you might not even be PS2 backward compatible.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I'm going to buy it for the 360 once it hits ~$30.
Dan Airman Dan
Phydeaux wrote:

Regardless, if you were going to buy either version, the PS3 is the one you'd have wanted to get since you have a PS3. Apparently the load times are also a tad on the unbearable side for the PS2.

Shoot, depending on how new your PS3 is, you might not even be PS2 backward compatible.

PS3 was $54.99 and PS2 was $29.99.
I'd rent it, maybe.
Dan wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:

Wow. That was a quick drop.
The game made 1.5 million dollars....

across every current gaming platform and the iPhone. Ouch.
What about regular cell phone sales?

Because I played the one on our service at work and holy human waste is stupid.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
The iPhone version seems frighteningly linear.
dv
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
The iPhone version seems frighteningly linear.

"Rebel Assault II" linear?
Dan Airman Dan
Phydeaux wrote:
Dan wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:

Wow. That was a quick drop.

This was at BJ's, which is like a Sam's Club. I doubt places like Best Buy have chopped prices.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Force Unleashed: For PS3...and PS2 as well?