Rock Band 2 is out.

Online now: Bing (sucks)
It was nice knowing all of you.

No, really, this new track list makes me wonder why I've politely tolerated what they chose for the original.

DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME MR. DUPLICITY
I HATE TO BUG YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF DINNNNNNEEEERRRRR
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I prefer listening to the actual music on my home theater system.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Oh, great…
arkayn wrote:

well, this is in 5.1 surround, which I know if you have anything short of DVD-audio, you wouldn't be listening to it at such a high quality

Listening to music is for the car. Or the shower. I'll reiterate that these types of games encourage interaction on a level that CDs can't provide

Congrats on not being the first uncouth individual to think they're hot human waste with the whole "learn to play a real instrument" bit, tho

Last edited by Phydeaux on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:52 pm.

arkayn wrote:

again, unless it's mastered in 5 channels, you should run a 2.0, 2.1, or run the system in a double stereo and sub mode.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Phydeaux wrote:
arkayn wrote:

well, this is in 5.1 surround, which I know if you have anything short of DVD-audio, you wouldn't be listening to it at such a high quality

Listening to music is for the car. Or the shower. I'll reiterate that these types of games encourage interaction on a level that CDs can't provide

Congrats on not being the first uncouth individual to think they're hot human waste with the whole "learn to play a real instrument" bit, tho

I learned to play an instrument about 29 years ago when I was in the 5th grade.

My music goes from the iMac via optical into the receiver. Yes, I know I don't have full quality for the music, it still sounds good to me. I also can go up to DTS if I pop in a DVD.
Right. So why draw the line in the sand when there's a difference between interacting with music and 5.1 and listening to music in 5.1, a distinction my hand has been forced to make.
Phydeaux wrote:
Right. So why draw the line in the sand when there's a difference between interacting with music and 5.1 and listening to music in 5.1, a distinction my hand has been forced to make.

Because the interacting part introduces:

a cacophony of clacking and clattering due to the "instruments"

and

slightly off key singing

I find both of these are a serious roadblock to enjoying the music.

However, I love the games... I just think you're making an asinine argument in trying to imply that rhythm games are somehow enjoyable on a similar level to actual music listening. Totally different experience.
I'm not the cockmongler that started this.

Let me clarify.

I'm not the cockmongler that came into a games forum and post in a topic about a game saying that I'd rather do something passive and unrelated to the game.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
there's a pattern
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Rock Band 2 is out.