And so it was to be…

Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
Conner Of Gallifrey
My 360 has ridden out into the sunset - red ringed playing BRAID of all games. How little we knew thee, my little friend.

*salute*

I just await the UPS box to return it to the grand o'l junkyard in the sky…
sean Royal Wombat
Still under warranty? Will MS Fix / replace it?
Conner Of Gallifrey
They have a 3 year warranty for this issue (since it's so widespread). No console is out of it yet.
sean Royal Wombat
Good. Hope mine doesn't have an issue, but, im glad it'll be covered.
Does it really mean it's dead? Like, forever dead?

I remember something about wrapping it in a towel or something.

Also, newer 360s don't suffer that problem, right?
Conner wrote:
They have a 3 year warranty for this issue (since it's so widespread). No console is out of it yet.

What if you're not the original owner?

Did you have to have a receipt?
tiki Minor Prophetess
Phydeaux wrote:
Conner wrote:

I think they can look it up by your serial # - that tells them the manu date.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Phydeaux wrote:
Conner wrote:

Dunno. It's done by serial, so I don't think it matters. Regardless, I bought it myself so no worries for me at least…
ukimalefu wrote:
Does it really mean it's dead? Like, forever dead?

Also, newer 360s don't suffer that problem, right?

They pry off the heatsink and throw more thermal paste down and call it a day. Thats what they did to mine and most peoples. Occasionally people get a replacement unit instead of the one they sent in, this could be ok this could be worse.

The towel trick makes the 360 "reset" its heat sensors so if you get a RROD every time you turn it on and cant play human waste even when its cool, you do that trick and you can play again for a little while before it RRODs again.

And no the newer ones dont, they started shipping with more paste, then bigger sinks, then now smaller sized CPUs, which draw less power, which heat up less. The problem is gone more or less. Now it just sounds like a table saw when you read a game disk....
Conner Of Gallifrey
They've also moved the RAM to only be on the top of the motherboard, instead of on the top and below it - that trapped a lot of heat apparently.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
ukimalefu wrote:

Every time I hear of this fix the mental picture of Arnold in Total Recall comes up.

Sorry for the loss Conner. Let's hope M$ turn around time has improved.
Conner Of Gallifrey
And castle crashers comes out next week...

... damn it!
Conner wrote:
castle crashers

What an odd-looking game.
Conner Of Gallifrey
It's a game along the lines of the simpsons/xmen/ninja turtles beat'em ups from the 90s arcades.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

And so it was to be…