Why are people mean to cardboard Halo kid?

Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], juice, Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu, Warin
I mean, seriously, kid had too much time on his hands, but he's damn talented. What's eerie-ass is that he does all the motions for reloading/using for the weapons and has them down to a T.

And in those 12,000 comments there are repeated comments from trailer trash morons that think they're so original in telling a tweenaged boy to get laid, calling him a bundle of sticks and and for his parents to take the XBox away which, if that made any sense at all, he's not been playing it the entire time he's been making these replica weapons.

YouTube people are stick fiddling monsters and I daresay as uncivilized as XBox LIVE denizens.

What's awesome is that the kid, that I've seen, doesn't have a response to these people. I hope he's staying strong and letting the support outweigh the, heh, jealous.

If I ever meet one of these dissenters out and about, I swear I'll punch them in the face if they say the wrong thing when I ask what they posted. It'll be like they won the idiot lottery.

Anyway, content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45J0SCXO5s
I could totally see my son embarking on a project like that. the love for te game far outweighs the worry of being called a geek.

I wouldntslag the kid for it... sadly though a lot of asshats will just because it is easy to make fun of someone who doesnt care if they are passionate about something. The funny part is that when these morons are working at 7-11 or McDonalds... this kid will be working for a movie studio or a game design company, making the real thing.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
By putting yourself on YouTube you're basically saying, "Hey, world! Judge me!"

I have little sympathy for people who don't like what they hear.
Judge his content, but telling a tweenager that he's got no life and needs to get laid?

Call his work, the product of his time horrible, but to rag on the kid himself I think is just ludicrous.

Even then I don't think 9/10ths of these people would have the guts to deride him or his work to his face. Ahh, John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory!
The precedent of the lightsaber kid comes to mind.

The Internet is what the Internet is. It sucks, perhaps, but that's life.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I think that's awesome. And the lightsabre kid was like 16, not 9.
Too bad Halo kid doesn't have anyone to sue. I feel the lightsaber kid shouldn't have gotten away with it.
Ah. But Halo kid made the video to show people. Star Wars kid didnt... some fuckwads stole the tape and stuck it on the internet. ;)
I think those are pretty damn impressive for a kid that age. Good for him. Making them look that realistic takes some skill. I couldn't have done that when I was his age. I agree with you phy, hopefully he's not getting too down from all the stupid people.
Zapski Gaze into my eyes...
LEAVE CARDBOARD HALO KID ALONE! :whaa:

;)
Zapski wrote:
LEAVE CARDBOARD HALO KID ALONE! :whaa:

;)

:lol:

uhm... yeah, leave him alone.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Maybe people should leave some encouraging messages on his posts. Tell him he'll be an awesome mechanical engineer someday or something.
Orion Mad Cow
That was freaking cool. I wish I had half that talent when I was a kid. :)
Mustapha Mond wrote:
Maybe people should leave some encouraging messages on his posts. Tell him he'll be an awesome mechanical engineer someday or something.

Yeah, I left one in the thread for the video itself and in the thread for his channel, parodying and mocking one of the people making fun of him, following up with advice.

All I netted for it was a bunch of uncouth individuals that were attacking him moving over to my channel to call me fat. Fun.
dv
Phydeaux wrote:
Mustapha Mond wrote:

Yeah, I left one in the thread for the video itself and in the thread for his channel, parodying and mocking one of the people making fun of him, following up with advice.

All I netted for it was a bunch of uncouth individuals that were attacking him moving over to my channel to call me fat. Fun.

Youtube makes 4chan look like a stick fiddling Mensa convention.
:lol:

I wish someone would hack youtube and plaster that all over it.
dvpierce wrote:
Phydeaux wrote:
Mustapha Mond wrote:

Youtube makes 4chan look like a stick fiddling Mensa convention.
let's not get crazy
oatmeal with raisins
The kid was imaginative enough to reproduce those weapons. Despite being cardboard, they're fairly good likenesses. He had fun making them, he spent time not playing the game and doing something creative. All of this is good.

Enter YouTube. Posting them there was a HORRIBLE idea, and if his parents know that he's done it someone should smack them with a filleted and marinated tuna while explaining what happened to the Star Wars Kid. Not call CPS - that's far too much.
oatmeal wrote:
The kid was imaginative enough to reproduce those weapons. Despite being cardboard, they're fairly good likenesses. He had fun making them, he spent time not playing the game and doing something creative. All of this is good.

Indeed.

This kids hobbies are to play video games and make cool stuff.

His critics' hobbies are to play video games and then act like douchebags in an anonymous forum.

I think that's called irony.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
could be worse. Could be the tron dude.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
Robert B. wrote:
could be worse. Could be the tron dude.

Please don't bring him into this. Can't even hear "the tron dude" without having the image flash before my eyes.

THAT dude deserves what he gets. One look at the picture should have told him not to post it.
SpacemanSpiff Resident Gimp
No one will ever (ever!) be worse than that Blue Rocker/Metal spandex dude showing off his junk to the world.

My eyes! My eyes!
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Thats tron dude, keep up. ;)
No.. I think he's refering to the one doing cosplay at Comicon. I am not certain he's worse than Tron guy... but if not, it's damn close!
SpacemanSpiff Resident Gimp
Warin wrote:
No.. I think he's refering to the one doing cosplay at Comicon. I am not certain he's worse than Tron guy... but if not, it's damn close!

ding ding ding! WE have a winnah!

I can actually "look" at tron dude. That's passion. But the Blue Rocker... that's just ... wrong.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Why are people mean to cardboard Halo kid?