I think I will start a blog.

Page: 1, 2
Online now: avkills, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
XboxLiveIsACesspool.com is my first thought, but I'm curious if someone else has better suggestions.

Essentially what I want to do is hook up my video capture to my XBox and record the online interactions that I have to deal with, and then post it on the blog and throw the entirety of their profile online for the world to ridicule. I figure this will do two things. Either popularize or embarrass the asshats contributing to bad behaviour and ultimately result in bad press to Live so that Microsoft has to take an even more pro-active approach in removing members of the community.

My fear is that once the asshats figure out that it's my gamertag involved in the viewing, that they'll complain-bomb my account to the Live team.

Also, I'm curious how this would fall under wiretap laws. As long as one person, i.e., me, is aware of the recording of the conversations, it's legal to distribute, right? I need to look into that further.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
MyColostomyBagKeepsLeakingOnTheBus.com
obvs legit matched Chelsea Manning on okcupid
xboxdead.com is available.

Brilliant. It's subtle for we stupid people.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
So I can use MyColostomyBagKeepsLeakingOnTheBus.com then? Oh, good. :)
I'm totally registering xboxdead when I get home. I went to a national park today to hike, which i've now concluded. My live experience last night was that bad.
matt wrote:

Registered this. Thanks for the suggestion, matt. Off to create the logo.
Phydeaux wrote:
matt wrote:

Registered this. Thanks for the suggestion, matt. Off to create the logo.

Canihelpcanihelpcanihelp? (not that I'm the greaterest designer, but I do have good ideas some times, or so my mom says)
Well, you know how they do the "live" lettering in gold?

I was working on making it look rusty while in the same/similar font having it say "dead". Unless that's too cliché.
juice Inadvertently correct
Careful its not so derivative that they send their team of attorneys after you.
Phydeaux wrote:
Well, you know how they do the "live" lettering in gold?

I was working on making it look rusty while in the same/similar font having it say "dead". Unless that's too cliché.

A link to the font (or a good clone) ?

How's this?

Conner Of Gallifrey
XBOX and LIVE are two different typefaces. The former can be found here - never seen a copy of the latter.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
:lol: That's pretty cool. Make it smaller though. Small will look cool. Big will look like a hair-metal biker gang.

Phy, I think this is an excellent idea. Internet uncouth individuals should be shamed. And MS deserves bad publicity for running a family service that's a cesspool. (Though, to be fair, I haven't experienced the awfulness for myself, just heard of it thirdhand.)
Conner Of Gallifrey
I've never had a problem with live myself.
The skull should have a mouse-over that turns it into goatse.
Conner wrote:
I've never had a problem with live myself.

What games do you play.

Like, Carcassonne? No problems. Everyone is happy, helpful and quick to send you a message after a match to congratulate or thank you for the game. Crazy levels of courtesy.

TF2? Most well-behaved group of FPS I have ever played with. Maybe it's the characters or something, but everyone seems to be competitive without having an edge to them.

Uno or Halo? Forget it. In Uno, you've constantly got whiners in ranked matches accusing you of cheating, and filing reports as such, and in social matches, asshats with the cameras like to display their nutsack. In Halo, every day I get a match where I run across an asshat general that won't get off the case of anyone that's not ranked up as high as they are, not to mention the constant racism, sexism and homophobia. Guys with lisps, girls and older folks should not have to be afraid to have their mics on.

And in social matches, when a group of people get split up onto separate teams, they think it's grand to grief the remaining folk brought into matchmaking by team killing or blocking an objective. It's maddening.
My only question is why you still put your mic on while playing halo.

Unless I was playing with you and conner or some people on ars I never talk and even in team style matches no one ever says anything useful so...again, why bother. Plug in your headset so the sound doesnt get pipped through the speakers, and drop it on the floor.
FutureDreamz Matthew 5:5
Banned User(s)
xbox_360_live.png xbox_360_live.png
83.46 KiB - Viewed 782 time(s)

har har

I plan on getting some footage tonight.
Or... you know... find a decent group of people to play with and stop having to deal with the morons?
Here are all the files I used for my "logo" in case anybody cares.

http://ukimalefu.googlepages.com/xboxdeadfiles.zip

Last edited by ukimalefu on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:52 pm.

I care. Thanks, I'll look through them.

What I have up right now doesn't do the logo justice, so I'm going to be trimming the fat on the right of the page. Also curiously the template seems to be chopping off where I added "thanks to ukimalefu for the logo" but alas, since I'll have to recrop it to fit, I'll have to place it somewhere more visible on the file anyway.

Thanks for making the effort to make that. Everyone that I've shown it to thus far has loved it.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
The site looks good so far Phy.

I haven't done any online gaming since Myth: TFL, but I'm curious to see just how bad xbox live is.
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
I'm curious to see just how bad xbox live is.

:lol: Talk about your unintended consequences> Phy, starts a blog to show how bad XBL is, and instead of MS feeling pressured to make it better, they feel pressure to let it get worse b/c people start coming out of the woodwork to see the trainwreck.
Heh.

We tried recording some sessions last night, and my digital8 and miniDV cameras were taking input but for some reason wouldn't record that input, when I know I've done it in the past. So I had to drag an iMac from a different room into my den and hooked one of the boxes directly to it. Then we had local router/network problems. And after all we went through to get our boxes going to start recording ... virtually no one was an asshat last night. I swear, sometimes people, I just... guh!

Well, I have pre-saved, no dialog footage of Clan FBI guys cheating in a Big Team Battle, so I'll post that tonight alongside what little I did get from yesterday; some kids thinking it was awesome to call everyone bundles of sticks.
juice Inadvertently correct
I like the look of the site and I like what you are trying to do.
I take a certain amount of umbrage to your characterization of fraternity men. It tells me you've seen too many movies and have no idea what fraternity truly is. Having been involved with one at the local and national level for over 15 years, I'd like to think I have some knowledge of the subject.
Zapski Gaze into my eyes...
And I'd like to think that the two colleges I've been to and the early twenty somethings that I get to contend with paint the picture that I get to deal with online. Deep voiced guys with a tinge of alcohol silliness all wrapped up in a "fine, upstanding person" shell.

I'm not calling out any one Frat, but recall that the Ku Klux Klan and the Masons, while totally different, also refer to themselves as Fraternal Orders.

Would you rather I just call these fellows "bros"? I don't want to make any false accusations since I can't tell if they're wearing their baseball cap correctly or not.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Phydeaux wrote:
Would you rather I just call these fellows "bros"?

Llamas & Lemmings. Done.

Aw hell! How long should I wait for a conf. email? I think I mistyped my addy. Grrrr.
Check your junkmail folder. If not, shoot me a PM so I can confirm stuff.
Your forum registrations are disabled!

fido ftl!
Register at blog, creates account at the forums.

Hm. I need to put that somewhere.
obvs legit matched Chelsea Manning on okcupid
Not sure if it is just me, but I would put the giant skull (in the logo) to the left of the text, not the right.
safarirss6394 wrote:
Not sure if it is just me, but I would put the giant skull (in the logo) to the left of the text, not the right.

Or center the whole thing.
Dan Airman Dan
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

I think I will start a blog.

Page: 1, 2